A few Q's about ps3

This is a discussion on A few Q's about ps3 within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; so ive heard that u can use keyboard and mouse with ps3 so is that true? can u play all ...
Page: 1

so ive heard that u can use keyboard and mouse with ps3
    so is that true? can u play all games using those? like gta4, shooting games etc
    why is there almost 2x price difference between usa and europe ps3? i mean mostly the 40 gb ones.
    could it be possible to ship and how one from usa to europe? how much would it cost? what about the voltage difference? change the adapter/wire and it is solved?
    im more interested into gta4 and i enjoy playing gta series with keyboard/mouse... so can it be done with gta4?
    is there any difference (graphical, gameplay etc) if u play gta4 on xbox or ps3? or any games? same games but on different consoles, do you feel the difference? is there even any? cause xbox is like 2x cheaper than ps3 here and supports same games.

if i have more Q's, ill edit this post
    thanks for answering.

guykap

I would advise you to buy from europe, the format is PAL in europe while usa is NTSC, meaning you can only buy games from usa and HD will make you lots of issues, and so will the blue ray. You need an adapter for voltage change too. I imagine that the wireless connection will do just fine, but I would expect problems. If you live in europe, buy over there, it will save you so much trouble.

Banned Senior Member

You can use Keyboards for games, but I dont believe there is a complete mouse compatible game yet, however there is a mouse style controller that was created.

Prices are always more expensive in Europe and Aus, just the way things are. The Ps3 is region free, so any game will work with any hardware. The only thing thats specific is updates, you would need to download the american versions of the updates if you got one of those. Shipping from North America to Europe depends on time/company, i cant answer that :x

editted

Dark_sith

they sell a keyboard/mouse adapter for around 50$, but I've only seen it used for First Person shooter's

who said 2x price difference between usa and europe ps3? 40gb in us's amazon cost 400$ and in uk's amazon is 285£ and the 60gb in us's amazon 550$ and uk's amazon 410£ , and I don't advise you to buy it from usa cause the shipment will cost you a lot since PS3 is damn heavy, and you can use transformer from 110V to 220V and you'll be able to use it in europe.
    and depend on the games sometimes you will notice the difference and sometimes they're the same

uskoblows

who said 2x price difference between usa and europe ps3? 40gb in us's amazon cost 400$ and in uk's amazon is 285£ and the 60gb in us's amazon 550$ and uk's amazon 410£ , and I don't advise you to buy it from usa cause the shipment will cost you a lot since PS3 is damn heavy, and you can use transformer from 110V to 220V and you'll be able to use it in europe.
    and depend on the games sometimes you will notice the difference and sometimes they're the same[/b]

btw you kinda contridicted your self europe 60gb is £410 usa $550 if your were to convert £>$ youd be just over $800

(uk)PS3(40gb) £299.99($600 near enough) - Source GAME.CO.UK

(Usa)SONY PLAYSTATION 3 PS3 60GB 60 GB Console System Price - $511.00 (£255.50) - Source - Greatgadeals Nintendo Headquarters

can get a 60gb from USA for the price of a 40gb here -.-, u guys 100% sure about the discs not been able to be played from USA>UK, im kinda sure that JAP>EUROPE works as ive seen ECLIPSE play EUROPE games on JAP ps3

tho he talked about the 40gb, yet 250$ isn't 2x 550$, but who cares, the point is...... he will pay a lot for shipment, and that's will make it pointless
    and as far as I know PS3 is region free, so you can play any game on any console, you will have problem watching movies on blue ray discs

uskoblows

tho he talked about the 40gb, yet 250$ isn't 2x 550$, but who cares, the point is...... he will pay a lot for shipment, and that's will make it pointless
    and as far as I know PS3 is region free, so you can play any game on any console, you will have problem watching movies on blue ray discs[/b]
    highly unlikely , i doubt shipment will cost 50 - 90 usd for shipping thats unlikely really

guykap

Wow.. Did you just say that 1£=2$? Thats a joke.. Its less, but ps3 has a steady price in the us so if the dollar will drop some more it would be a good deal buying it over there.

in my country a 40 gb ps3 costs 750 usd... 60 gb ps3 isnt even for sale. electronics are expensive here...