FFIX problems :\

This is a discussion on FFIX problems :\ within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; well i recently bought a used copy of Final Fantasy IX *9* and managed to play disc 1 w/o any ...
Page: 1

Default FFIX problems :\

well i recently bought a used copy of Final Fantasy IX *9* and managed to play disc 1 w/o any problems but since i started disc 2 at the part where you play garnet/dagger, marc, and rusty in the lil cave system where doctor tot or whatever takes you to ive had problems loading monster fights/script fights
    //
    i managed to get past the part i was stuck on by cleaning off dust the first go around and im now stuck at the fight in Creyla? pretty sure thats the place its the gaint tree >: vs Beatrix i start the fight and it seems normal but then all i get is the background music and i can see the background itself but i see no command interfaces nor any of my people

im also playing this on PS3 60gb orig release ive had no problems playing FFVII and FFVIII nor any other PS1/PS2 games thus far till i hit disc 2 on FFIX so any tips/hints on how to fix this would be nice

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

Your disc is fucked up, take it back and demand you get a full refund, or another copy of the disc.

They might charge a small fee for another copy of the disc, but it'd be worth it imo. PS1 FF Games are really popular, and ones in good condition can be hard to find.

well it looks basically new which is the sad thing and the other downside is i got it from CD Tradepost and it was the only copy across all their stores lol so i guess another CD/copy atm is out of the question but ive got a friend that may sell me his copy hopefully >.<

but thanks for the tip