Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Final Fantasy 13

This is a discussion on Final Fantasy 13 within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; Anyone besides me get it? rly good game so far imo. 8 hrs in so far. posted in sony, because ...
Page: 1

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

Default Final Fantasy 13

Anyone besides me get it? rly good game so far imo. 8 hrs in so far.

posted in sony, because i'd assume thats where most of the ff fans r

Fear the White Rabbit!!! Senior Member konioko's Avatar

I'm planning on going to get it tomorrow. How is the story for you so far compared to the other final fantasies? My brother said it's a pretty good game so far but i'd like other opinions. I also heard that the leveling system is a lot like the sphere grid in 10.

Anyway just asking if you would recommend i buy it. I've played 7-10 and am currently playing X-2? I love them all and just want to make sure it lives up to all the hype.

It's true about the reviews. There's a lot of running forward and eventually turning left or right to choose paths(the one that leads you to the next part and the other leading you to extra GIL or items). Leveling is purely for the different skills and bonus hp/magic atk/strength. The story is a huge drama, which uses flashbacks to 13 days(i think 13 days). Beautiful graphics if you use the PS3 version(toned down a lot on the 360).

MrBucz

those parts are shits 7 and 8 were somethign good

Quote Originally Posted by MrBucz View Post
    those parts are shits 7 and 8 were somethign good
    no doubt :P

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    It's true about the reviews. There's a lot of running forward and eventually turning left or right to choose paths(the one that leads you to the next part and the other leading you to extra GIL or items). Leveling is purely for the different skills and bonus hp/magic atk/strength. The story is a huge drama, which uses flashbacks to 13 days(i think 13 days). Beautiful graphics if you use the PS3 version(toned down a lot on the 360).
    Ya i got it yesterday and played for about an hour before i went to bed. I really like the battle system. Just not far enough into to know how the story and everything else is.

Also i keep hearing that Final Fantasy has to tone down there games for the 360 but i don't understand how why that would be needed. If someone could explain that to me i would really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by konioko View Post
    Ya i got it yesterday and played for about an hour before i went to bed. I really like the battle system. Just not far enough into to know how the story and everything else is.

Also i keep hearing that Final Fantasy has to tone down there games for the 360 but i don't understand how why that would be needed. If someone could explain that to me i would really appreciate it.

well xbox360 has terrible graphics compared to the ps3, so has to be toned down to run smooth on xbox360

k66k Senior Member ShellinShitakaMad_doll's Avatar

not rly, u can only see the graphic difference while having rly expensive monitor

Quote Originally Posted by silentdj View Post
    well xbox360 has terrible graphics compared to the ps3, so has to be toned down to run smooth on xbox360
    I really don't see it. I mean there are differences you can see but the graphics card on both systems are virtually the same. Yes the PS3's is a little better but it also came out like a year later than the 360.

Custom ATI Graphics Processor

500 MHz
    10 MB embedded DRAM
    48-way parallel floating-point dynamically-scheduled shader pipelines
    Unified shader architecture

PS3

- RSX @ 550MHz
    - 1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
    - Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
    - Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Both consoles will support 1080p so i just really don't get this. Not that it really matters since i'm stuck with a non HD tv, however, my monitor supports 1080p and when i compare the 2 on this site i really don't see how they're that far off.

Xbox 360 Versus PlayStation 3 Graphics Comparison - Features at GameSpot

I've had both xbox 360 and ps3, and it jsut seems the graphics are better on the ps3

blueray..? HD?

I guess it's all ones personal opinion. I'm fine with the 360's graphics but i guess i'll never know until i actually play on a ps3. The only people i personally know who have one are my cousins and even then they play ps2 games for the most part on it. I would actually love to play 13 on a ps3 since i've always played the final fantasies on a playstation but i don't have the money to buy one plus the game and an HD tv for the full experience. I'll just have to wait 2 years until i'm done with school

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

honestly i thought i could of been better. i loved the way in ff7 ff8 ff9 ff10 u can go exploring into different places and and had pretty much an open for most of the game. but 8 hours into this game and it seems all i can do is go straight.

i hoesntly would of sacrificed some graphics for more freedom in the game

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao View Post
    i hoesntly would of sacrificed some graphics for more freedom in the game
    I second that.
    The graphic is all mooth and shiny and shit but in the previous FFs you had so much more to explore.I mean in ff7 you could even play around with a submarine.

Banned Senior Member

I have it, about 40ish hours into it and just got back to Cocoon but I'm doing side stuff on the side as well

Sort of a linear game, but I love Final Fantasy.

I really got into the series after playing FF 7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)