Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Final Fantasy 13

This is a discussion on Final Fantasy 13 within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; Game was cool, it was linear though you guys are right. The graphics were kinda mind blowing though, but PS3 ...
Page: 2

Game was cool, it was linear though you guys are right. The graphics were kinda mind blowing though, but PS3 + 42" HDTV + HDMI Coord (Essential)

We played it a little with the component cables just to compare, that shit looked awful. I got to the last boss and then got busy like the week it came out and still haven't bothered to finish the game. Was pretty fun though while it lasted, dont think im gonna bother with post endgame shit, cba.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

I was really considering getting this and playing it at my friends house (sold my ps3, he also has a better tv and hdmi etc..) but if there isn't as much...freedom in the game idk if it'll be worth the $60 lol. Anyone got a reason why I should? D:

Fear the White Rabbit!!! Senior Member konioko's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Parasitic View Post
    I was really considering getting this and playing it at my friends house (sold my ps3, he also has a better tv and hdmi etc..) but if there isn't as much...freedom in the game idk if it'll be worth the $60 lol. Anyone got a reason why I should? D:
    The Battle system has completely changed at least from X-2 which is the most recent one i've played. The story i think is actually pretty good and it's a new change the way everything is laid out. Honestly more freedom would make the game phenominal but i'm not too upset with it. So if you're willing to wait a couple months i'd say wait and pay a cheaper price for it. It's not like you'll be missing out on anything from waiting.

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

ugh. im going to try to get the ultimate weapons for each of my characters. gonna take forever -.-

Hey im selling ff13 practically new, I think we have a strat guide too that was hardly used so also brand new PS3

:P

FJMike

Quote Originally Posted by Parasitic View Post
    What do you mean no freedom? You can't run around like in previous games and do side quests/ revisit places?

Because that would suck? o.o

no he meant it like theres no free roam until the last part. you have to follow the story straight 90% of the way. you cant finish part of the story, do whatever the fuck you want. grind, find items, side quests etc., then go back to the story.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    no he meant it like theres no free roam until the last part. you have to follow the story straight 90% of the way. you cant finish part of the story, do whatever the fuck you want. grind, find items, side quests etc., then go back to the story.
    '
    thats until u reach gran pulse the first time. i spent so much time on gran pulse my characters that when i decided to continue the story most battle were 15 secs long. ive gotten used to the game since i stopped playinbg it for like a2 weks straight. im about to beat it and gonna start doing the mark missions.

like i said b4 ff13 grind is nothing compared to wat most people around here went through in ko

Lightning ftw

Quote Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao View Post
    honestly i thought i could of been better. i loved the way in ff7 ff8 ff9 ff10 u can go exploring into different places and and had pretty much an open for most of the game. but 8 hours into this game and it seems all i can do is go straight.

i hoesntly would of sacrificed some graphics for more freedom in the game

Words of a true final fantasy player

i agree with u 100%, final fantasy is losing its edge they are trying to make it 2 realistic, also spending tomuch time on the gpx and missing out on the key features that make final fantasy the game that saved squaresoft

freedom gameplay + story > gpx + story

aznmirage

LOL it sucks....u cant even go into stores anymore to buy items....the save point is the store -.-

Quote Originally Posted by aznmirage View Post
    LOL it sucks....u cant even go into stores anymore to buy items....the save point is the store -.-
    i don't think anyone would have wanted to sell to l'Cie

aznmirage

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    i don't think anyone would have wanted to sell to l'Cie
    haha true when u put it that way but i guess i just miss the classic gameplay

Ive played and past the game and put almost 100 hours into it, it was a fantastic game, great story, great gameplay and music. But the whole linear part annoyed the heck outta me. You were basically nurtured, spoon fed and had ur ass wiped the whole game until the VERY end. Its almost a trend in new 'epic' games where they go overboard with the graphics but it feels like its all plotted along for u like a movie...like in games where your character might do something freaking epic, and all u did was press Square.

Fake_BP

The trailers look awesome, graphics look good too. I really want to play the game but I donīt own a next-end console!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)