HDMI Static

This is a discussion on HDMI Static within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; I stopped playing my 360 for about 6 months, recently i started playing again and i noticed that whenever there ...
Page: 1

Default HDMI Static

I stopped playing my 360 for about 6 months, recently i started playing again and i noticed that whenever there was an explosion or any loud noise, most of it would come out as just static, for example in left 4 dead whenever the horde attacked, it would just be pure static because of the noise of all the zombies

tried switching to the red-green-blue cables and the problem went away but ofcourse the video quality is alot worse than hdmi. also bought a different hdmi cable and it didnt fix the problem

wondering if anyone else has had this problem before? i googled it and found various other people having problem with static while using the 360 hdmi but no real answers

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

could it be your speakers going bad? have you tried any other games? i personally dont even use my hdmi cable, it lags with my tv for some reason.

PlayIt2TheLimit

Ive had this problem before and I temp fixed it by switching my xbox. But eventually I had to buy a new monitor to play on. It was doing it on my TV then I bought a ViewSonic $200 and its works perfectly now. Halo Addict <3

ImShort

It may be your speakers or it could be doing that if u are using a low end cheap hdmi cable