Help convince me to keep my PS3

This is a discussion on Help convince me to keep my PS3 within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; I'm considering putting my PS3 up for sale, and i'm wondering if anybody here can help convince me to keep ...
Page: 1

I'm considering putting my PS3 up for sale, and i'm wondering if anybody here can help convince me to keep it. I'm looking for some games with a unique type of gameplay, PS3-only games that will make it worth keeping a $300-400 console.

Anyone able to help me out? h34r:

First Person Shooters don't interest me, though I do enjoy playing Crysis (maxed out ^_^) on my PC due to the neat suit abilities. I don't mind Third Person Shooters too much, though my favorite is Bionic Commando and Armored Core might fall into the category.

I'm Aware of these games:
    MAG - First Person Shooter, its interesting but not "keep my console" interesting.
    FF13 - I have some interest and surely would buy it but not worth keeping the console if its the only game.
    KZ2 - No Interest in Killzone2.
    Cod4/5 - No Interest, I have Cod5 for the PC and I never bothered trying online yet. It was free with my GTX260.

Why I don't use my PS3:
    - Ever since the latest regulation update for my favorite game a few months ago, I lost nearly all interest in the game which was practicly the only game that I ever continually played on the PS3. I will have a list of games that I own somewhere else in this topic.
    - I bought a perfectly fine 60GB xBox360 for $80usd and I bought my favorite game on that console aswell, the game is much different on the 360 and I play the game a fair bit now due to the online gameplay differences. I also bought a new game that I enjoy (Bionic Commando) for the xBox.
    - I'v never went through my other ps3 games more than once.

My PS3 Games:

Armored Core For Answer - This is my favorite console game, the game is horrible on the PS3 due to extreme amounts of lag that barely makes it playable. The latest regulation made the game a lot harder for me to play with my unique CQC playstyle which ruined my fun in this laggy game. For the 360 theres barely any lag but the online community is only half the size, without the lag problems and with differences in gameplay due to that, i'm enjoying the game again. I would still rather play the laggy game in the old regulation on the PS3 though but that's never going to happen.
    Metal Gear Solid 4 - I played the game one and a half times with a bit of multiplayer, I love the game but to me its a game that I should only play every now and then like watching a movie.
    Little Big Planet - Played it a little bit each night for three days, never touched the game since. I wish I didn't pay $70 for it when it came out. Its a good game but it didn't appeal to me at all. Anyone wanna buy it from me for 20 bucks? h34r:
    Armored Core 4 - I bought it for the story and a little bit of rare online play even though I was expecting a horrible story, I bought every game in the series so I was not gonna skip one.
    Demo's - I played a fair bit of Demo's but nothing interests me except for BCR which I torrented on my PC recently.

Just sell it

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

PS3 has free online play! It has better graphics! It has blu-ray!

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

look up the psn storeee.

right now they added resident evil directors cut AWEsome game1
    and final fantasy 7 for ps3 even better game!

play wipeout hd! good racing game on play station store

try out the playstation store games i bought ragdoll kung fu prety fun party gamexD

Rooki3

XBOX 360 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT HALO 3 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT if u dont like first person shooters you gay inless u like halo 3 coz 1st person is the only type of game that requiers skill

Just sell it[/b]
    its been in local adds online for a couple days now.

PS3 has free online play! It has better graphics! It has blu-ray![/b]
    True but the console itself is expensive. I don't care too much about graphics (got a PC anyways ^^). Some of the games that take advantage of the extra space with blueray don't interest me much.

look up the psn storeee.

right now they added resident evil directors cut AWEsome game1
    and final fantasy 7 for ps3 even better game!

play wipeout hd! good racing game on play station store

try out the playstation store games i bought ragdoll kung fu prety fun party gamexD[/b]

coz 1st person is the only type of game that requiers skill[/b]
    Try getting into any Armored Core game and you may think otherwise.

Rooki3

its been in local adds online for a couple days now.
    True but the console itself is expensive. I don't care too much about graphics (got a PC anyways ^^). Some of the games that take advantage of the extra space with blueray don't interest me much.

Try getting into any Armored Core game and you may think otherwise. [/b]
    nar halo 3 FTW

Dark_sith

well keep it for blu-ray's

Some Interesting games:

Warhawk
    SOCOM
    Fat Princess (out this Thursday )
    Uncharted 1&2(2 comes out later)
    PixelJunk monsters and the expansion(encore)
    PixelJunk Eden(hard to 100% this game)

then the ps1/ps2 classics

some games that popped into my head

most of those games are dirt cheap

F-ck Yeah Senior Member evilstevil's Avatar

i must say i had the same feeling like u
    but i downloaded battelfield1943 from the ps store
    really good first person shooter( online only )
    and i must say i play every day now on my ps3 ^^

u can check it out here : [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K36sYJsW7rA&feature=fvw[/ame]

but if u really want to sell it .....look up the price first of a decent blue ray player
    its almost the same price of a ps3 in my country :/

PIECE
    Last edited by evilstevil; 08-02-2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: forgot to add link

Its also for the xBox 360, I bought a cheap xbox less than two months ago.

Tap0ut

sell it, keep the xbox, it can play netfilx and if u need to watch blue ray, go buy a blue ray player.