iPhone Question

This is a discussion on iPhone Question within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; i'm just trying to figure out how much its going to cost me per month my mom and dad have ...
Page: 1

AphRaeL

Default iPhone Question

i'm just trying to figure out how much its going to cost me per month

my mom and dad have a plan of 2 years with my brother with the LG Vu, and i have my shine from forever ago.

I'll be the only one with an iphone and a data plan, and we have the 700 Rollever minutes i think, idfk

and unlimited family texting
    I dont pay for any of those commodities right now, but i think i'd only be paying for the Data Plan which is $30 a month I think.

All my apps are going to be the free ones

Am i right or wrong?

SuckItEasy

I phone is the best!!!!!

Banned Senior Member

Hey i am having the iphone for 2,5 years now.
    erhm most of the apps are free.
    but you also have alot of payed ones.
    You can always jailbreak youre iphone (its like hacking the software than u will be abled to download any app for free)
    but by far the iphone is the best phone i had.
    (also had blackberry's but iphone just pwns.)
    btw get an good insurance in case it falls on the gfround atm i have my 5th iphone:P
    they break very fast thats the bad part of them.
    but still can say they are great so buy it hehe.

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

Me and my pops share a plan, pay $210 for both of us, with taxes. Unlimited data usage, 1000 minutes each, monthly rollover minutes, free mobile to mobile (if at&t, anywhere in the US), both iphone 4's

Banned

Default Iphone

Mines is about 200 a month for 200 for 4 phones 2. Of which are iPhones
    It really depends on the plan u get

Banned

I am the only one on my plan and I pay about 80$ per month and i'm limited to 2g's per/mo of data. I think i'm getting the shaft.

Either way, it's still worth the money to me because this baby is like a laptop in my pocket and I fucking love it.

I have alot of friends who have the IPhone nd most of them dn't like it because they are the kind of people tht enjoy playing games on them 24/7 so the battery life sucks for them, and where i live the service from at&t sucks.. so they are waiting for verizon to get them b4 they upgrade to iPhone 4.. or they r gnna wait for the next iPhone to come out which sounds like it may be soon.

LulzAlot

Like mentioned above, it's like having a Laptop in your pocket. The potential uses for the device completely out weigh the monthly costs. It can be used as GPS device for your car or if you don't have a car you can use it to pull up bus routes and times. Browsing the Internet during class (which is most useful to me) I use it to look up word definitions.

I pay $80.00-$90.00 a month. I have either the 400 or 600 minute plan (not sure, I just got the lowest), 200 texts a month ($5.00), and unlimited data ($30.00).

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LulzAlot View Post
    Like mentioned above, it's like having a Laptop in your pocket. The potential uses for the device completely out weigh the monthly costs. It can be used as GPS device for your car or if you don't have a car you can use it to pull up bus routes and times. Browsing the Internet during class (which is most useful to me) I use it to look up word definitions.

I pay $80.00-$90.00 a month. I have either the 400 or 600 minute plan (not sure, I just got the lowest), 200 texts a month ($5.00), and unlimited data ($30.00).
    So true. There are enough apps these days for you to have the shittiest plan for the new iPhone 4, yet, you'd still be able to get thousands of minutes, data usages, cause they're not sourced from your phone, but instead from the app. For example, there is a new app called "Tango" for the iPhone 4 which allows you to "FaceTime" withOUT having Wifi, just using your 3G. I was researching to see if it drains the shit out of my data usage since it's 3G but I found out it doesn't, cause the app takes care of that. The only data usage that's limited is for example; updates, buys on apps, basically anything from the app store, which normally isn't a lot anyway. I don't download apps unless I really like them. All my apps are apps I use, or if they're games, it's just the ones that I can't delete cause they're too much fun :P

+1 to Justin, this thing is like my portable computer. Saved me so many times now, I'll never use another phone.

@M4gikarp, not true. iPhone's have been released in a yearly fashion and each one was a technological revolution which practically forced all other competitors to make phones like them, but never get any simpler or better than the iPhone. All they have is more memory, lighter weight, a separate keyboard or a new service sprint calls "4G". The only reason why Blackberries are in competition with iPhone is due to Apple's big ass mistake of making the antenna on the metal strip surrounding the phone's corners and obviously because "BBM" exists. Then again, if everyone who had a blackberry switched to iPhone, the world would be happier with "WhatsApp" or simply texting through iPhone's as they're actually even better than the "chat rooms" you get with bbm'ers.

Trust me, get a nice case and the new iPhone 4, if your not happy, then you don't deserve to use any smart phone; and yes, the battery is phat, just don't use a china town 19cent charger.

Mandatory data plan - $30
    Texting Plan $30( family plan texting )
    Minutes - $60( for the basic family plan )

Rickk

I pay €30,-/month for 150 minutes, 150 texts.. i don't call alot. so i can use the remaining minutes for the next month. I don't text alot either,, usually use whatsapp.

Banned

I phone is the best!