Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any good RPG game on PS3?

This is a discussion on Any good RPG game on PS3? within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; Well i'll be getting a PS3 very shortly and since i'm more into rp-games, can anyone recommend me that sort ...
Page: 1

Well i'll be getting a PS3 very shortly and since i'm more into rp-games, can anyone recommend me that sort of game which would be worth to buy? For example Diablo II alike.

Banned Senior Member

There is 1 game thats Diablo-ish in style, however dont even bother getting it, it only runs a few hours long.

RPG games are rare these days, the amount of work and cost that goes into them are alot higher then the old days. The only real RPG style games I could think of would be Folklore ( not bad, I might try it again some point soon ), Final fantasy XIII ( wait till next summer at the earliest ), Enchanted Arms ( haven't seen the game, cant comment ), Valkyria Chronicles, and Rise of the Argonauts

Anything else is coming out soonish, like White Knight by Level 5

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

oblivion isnt bad neither is fallout. i tried folklore... kinda bored me though.. enchanted arms was ff10 combined with pokemon

Banned Senior Member

If you play Oblivion, dont beat the storyline. I did about 160 hours in the game and enjoyed it, then decided to spend 4-5 hours beating the story and once that was done, I got bored almost instantly especially because the King's Armor I got was worse off then the armor I was wearing

drakes fortune and heavenly sword are the only ps3 rpg's i've played, neither are anything extremely special (like ff7 or ff10) but they were really fun

Banned Senior Member

Neither of those can really be called an RPG, they are more adventure shooter/hack n slasher

Diablo like
    Obilivion - PC remake
    Sacred 2 - PC remake
    Demon Soul - coming out later this year

Cross Edge - JRPG
    White Knight Chronicle - JRPG coming out later this year
    Atelier Iris - JRPG coming out later this year
    Folklore - RPG
    Fallout 3 - RPG

Valkyria Chronicle - SRPG
    Disgaea 3 - SRPG

WhimsicalOrangeRoad

In my opinion, they don't make good rpg anymore. The better ones are mostly on ps1 and some on ps2. Could be because i like the battle system of FF10, Xenogears, Chrono Cross Shadow Hearts more.

if you wanna play a PS2 RPG id say persona 3/persona 3:FES/persona 4 is a good bet

i got persona 3 like a yr ago and have logged over 300hrs as its fun to keep replaying the game even after unlocking everything

persona 4 i recently got about a month ago and have logged about 100hrs on 1 play very enjoyable as i still havent even beat it on my first play D:

both are unique in its a sim dating meets RPG style of game but i think thats what makes it a little better then most RPG's as every play you can do something a lil different on the side stories

Fallout 3 is really good.

Hey cutie Senior Member

wait a few for Dragon age: origins to come out.
    its most likely the maddest RPG to hit the ps3.
    oblivion is also quite gooooooooood

then theres the rpg/tps style games like borderlandss!

StarBux

Oblivion is fun for a while, but then I think it starts to get old. Fall Out 3, which I believe runs on the same platform as Oblivion mixes things up a little more.

I generally like fantasy more than sci fy, but in this case it is an exception.

SliceAndDice

i havent played a good RPG for a long while. My favorite RPG of all times is Skies Of Arcadia on Dreamcast. That RPG is so FUKKIN good i can never forget it =D its sky pirates style it had 2 battle systems the persons and the ship battle system where you have to tune up the ship and hire a team. Honestly Dreamcast had some of the best games ever made. Shenmu, Jet set Radio, Grandia 2, headhunter, Skies of arcadia, Soul calibur, dead or alive, virtua soccer, virtua tennis... i can go on forever. <3 Dreamcast. RIP

The answer is simple: Demon's Soul's
    The game is soo good... any rpg fan have to try it(if can of coruse).
    The game is so uniqe, got like 120h of gameplay now and gues what?
    I didint even finish it yet :P
    Having so much fun with it really if you can try it best rpg on ps3 easly or even best rpg in last 3? 5? years for me.

Dark_sith

Demon soul's is real good I was told, I was going to get it, but I put my leftover cash into Final Fantasy and shoes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast