MAG - Massive Action Game

This is a discussion on MAG - Massive Action Game within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; Fresh from Zipper, creators of Socom is a massive shooter game coming out for the ps3. You are in squads ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

Fresh from Zipper, creators of Socom is a massive shooter game coming out for the ps3. You are in squads of 8 players and the battlefield can get up to 256. You do advance in the ranks in order to "command" other platoons ( I believe ) but it still looked pretty damn good from what I saw on the E3 stream.

http://kotaku.com/5025532/ps3-massive-acti...-to-256-players

Banned

the realse date will be something like 2010 +

so its 1 player controlling 8 people (cpu 7, 1 HUMAN) ?

OR 8 REAL PLAYERS IN APARTY v 8 others and 8 more so theres liek 20 partys+ of 8???

Banned Senior Member

8 real players, this is Zipper we're talking about here, there wont be any bots for their online.

Ya it'll prob be 2010, but hey it'll prob come out shortly after I start to get tired of Socom Confrontation.

Also there was a nice view on their footage during the keynote, it had the map in an upper RTS style view then changed down to 3rd person with your group, was pretty cool

lmao, God I can only imagine the lag problems. 256 ppl? Holy shit - 1000 Mb/s connection plx

Banned Senior Member

I highly doubt it will be 256 at one time, but they sure have something planned even so, playing in a team of 8 people against other teams on the battlefield is gonna be great. Just keeps bringing back the Socom days in my mind

Banned

I highly doubt it will be 256 at one time, but they sure have something planned even so, playing in a team of 8 people against other teams on the battlefield is gonna be great. Just keeps bringing back the Socom days in my mind[/b]
    they may bring in montly fees for that . i doubt free2play servers would handle 256 battles , a bit liek when unreal tournis wasgonan be 50v50 maps let down that was

Banned Senior Member

If the gameplay was great, I'd pay a monthly fee for it. Hell, I woulda payed a monthly fee for Socom but it was free

Action games are awesome. I love to play these games online. My favorite action games include Bomber at War 2, Legend of Etaia's Stones, arcane weapon, high grounds, battle cry, free fall tournament etc. These are some massive actions you will definitely enjoy at every moment.