Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

MGS4 help

This is a discussion on MGS4 help within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; Well, its ok then. My friend is willing to let me borrow his PS2 for the summer, since he is ...
Page: 2

guykap

Well, its ok then. My friend is willing to let me borrow his PS2 for the summer, since he is going abroad...

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

yup..only 20,60,80 GB versions have backward compatibility....but there's some patch supposed to be in September for 40gb ones[/b]

that patch never came as far as i know

and phantom is right

[spoiler]the fight against ocelot was fucking awesome... god it reminded me of the original fight against liquid. good times.. the cutscenes were fucking goldddd!![/spoiler]

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

I have the essentials collection, but no ps1 memory card. I refuse to buy MGS4 till I get a ps1 memory card and beat the first 3. I've seen my friend play most of them, so I understand a bit about the games and the controls, but I still suck

I have the essentials collection, but no ps1 memory card. I refuse to buy MGS4 till I get a ps1 memory card and beat the first 3. I've seen my friend play most of them, so I understand a bit about the games and the controls, but I still suck [/b]

i got one u can have.. if it stills works

i got one u can have.. if it stills works[/b]
    Mail it please......6758 Thornwall Street Houston Tx 77092

Mail it please......6758 Thornwall Street Houston Tx 77092[/b]
    like in envelope?

zzzzzzzzzzzz stupida question..

wat i meant was do i have to get special envelope? or can i use white one?

also u can play and save ps1 games on ur ps3

Banned Senior Member

you will need a memory card adapter which you can get at stores

guykap

Download a pc version of the first MGS, the graphocs are better I really enjoyed the game even after over 10 years since its been released..

if u read ur manual u can acutally make a virtual ps1 card in ur ps3 thats how i am saving my final fantasy game on my ps3. my orignal ff7 from like 7 years ago.

Internal memory cards

Internal memory cards on the PS3 are used to store Playstation and Playstation 2 data (e.g. PS2 game saves). A PS2 card stores up to 8MB, and a PS1 card up to 120KB.

Because these cards emulate the older Playstation hardware, they have been given a concept of slots. It works in the same way you would plug a physical memory card into a slot on a PS2; now you assign the Internal Memory Card to a virtual slot. A card must be assigned to a slot to be available for use when playing PS/PS2 games.
    Create an internal memory card

1. Go to the “Game” menu and choose Memory Card Utility[Screenshot]
    2. Choose New internal memory card[Screenshot]
    3. Choose which card type of want—Playstation (PS) or Playstation 2 (PS2)[Screenshot]
    4. Enter a new name for the card if you wish (you can always change it later)[Screenshot]
    5. You will be informed that the card must be assigned to a slot to be used[Screenshot]
    6. The new card will now be showing in the menu[Screenshot]

Assign a card to a slot

1. Find the card you want to assign and go to its options (Triangle controller button)
    2. Choose the Assign Slots option[Screenshot]
    3. Assign it to Slot 1 or Slot 2[Screenshot]. If it’s already assigned you may choose to Remove it here
    4. The memory card will now be shown in the menu with a number next to it (a circled “1″ or “2″)[Screenshot]. This allows you to browse the cards you have and see which are currently assigned

Browse card contents

1. Select the memory card you want to browse
    2. If the card is empty you will get a “There is no saved data” message[Screenshot]
    3. Otherwise you should see the content items, like game save files[Screenshot]. Each file should have a title and show its filesize and modification date. PS2 game saves typically have small 3D models that correspond to the game, like a prince from “We Love Katamari”
    4. Go to the options (Triangle controller button) of an item to Copy or Delete it. You can copy to a new memory card, an existing memory card, or a USB drive

not my data

it was taken from

http://ps3explained.com/intermediate...-memory-cards/

but to trasnfr old saved games u do need the memory adapter

Banned Senior Member

I think para got the 40gb model, it doesnt have backwards compatibility so he will need a ps1 memory card

it actually does have b ackwords cuz i have 40 gb model as welll butttt it sofware emulator or something like dat

my ff7 runs perfect except that it will always freeze if i summon odin

Banned Senior Member

ps1 games work, ps2 dont

yea ps2 dont i actually wanna sell mys ps3 and buy a refurbished 60 gb original one one from gamestop or something

Banned Senior Member

or just get a 20/60/current 80 and give it a larger HD if you want more space. I have an 80gb after losing my 60gb and it works just fine for everything. The later 80gb's coming out (no idea when) will be the same as the 40gb's now

I got the new 80 gig.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast