Voters
227. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox

76 33.48%
  • Ps3

151 66.52%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Ps3 vs Xbox

This is a discussion on Ps3 vs Xbox within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; The Ps3 wont come without BluRay, thats the format the games are on, and it's a hell of alot better ...
Page: 2

Banned Senior Member

The Ps3 wont come without BluRay, thats the format the games are on, and it's a hell of alot better then the DVD's used on the last gen/360 consoles. I've read a HELL of alot more threads/stories about peoples 360's breaking ( some several times ). Also you gotta remember, 360 = Microsoft, and they have a hell of alot more cash to throw around and less worry about "losing money". Sony is worth around $46b while Microsoft is worth $326b.

And about the Wifi, I've never used wireless ( just got a wireless router for the laptops in the house, but I still use an ethernet chord for my system.

And ever since the ps3 was release, BluRay says have outnumbered HD sales ( and HD has been in the market longer ^_^ )

I know it wont wont ever come without br... dont need it so that sucks for me

What bothers me about Sony is how they pused the consoles prices up so high ... mainly bc of them wanting to push BR
    And no doubts Sony has a much more reliable console... thats whats kept me off MS

When Sony gets their heads up their ass and lower the price, im in ... till then, its a 600 usd br player with ps2 capabilites ... no real killer apps

Banned Senior Member

Well, Sony pushed the DVD format in the ps2 when everyone said it would fail ( console AND the DVD format ) and look what happened

Also Sony loses money off every console sold atm, they sell for $600 but it costs then like $750 to make each one. Kutagari will be stepping down soon so we will have a new head for the Playstation

Normal BluRay players or DVD drives cost like $900-$1200 themselves ><

Banned

Aba

Right now, most certainly the xbox360...it dominates the ps3 in every way except for VERY slightly graphic-wise...

Anybody who is really into console gaming knows that, ps3 has no real online thing going for it even close to the extent of xbox live&#39;s popularity. When home comes out, maybe I will change my mind...

ExpingSucks

xbox because i&#39;ve played ps3 and it overheats like a mother!

the X360 is like playing russian roulette and only taking one bullet from the gun ...

stevouk

There is no comparison, PS3 is way better than X-Box 360 for the simple fact of performance, GFX and everything else. Although a lot of companys have pulled out of contract with Sony because the games cost so much to make now, what with the blue ray discs ect. Programmers cost a lot more to make these types of games. Though this just shows, Sony is now elite because they are so ahead and advanced than everyone else.

im not sure where u guys get ur prices from but wdf

i see cheapest ps3 being 500 + cheapest xbox 360 350 +

even if u factor in all the things the expensive ps3 comes with and all the things the expensive 360 comes with its still cheaper ur just adding in a buncha unnecessary bells and whistles stop being a pussy and run a wire less lag neways

and i prefer xbox360 because its not blue ray and with a modded xbox 360 i can play downloaded games and even if the ps3 is sooo much better in graphics and wat not xbox is beating its ass and by the time theres games out that even push ps3 limits there will be jus another xbox out and ps4 wont come for a year later cuz why ? sony sucks ps2 bomb&#39;d and xbox conquer&#39;d as is the 360 deal with it at least ur heating bill isn&#39;t as bad in the winter

im too tired to research ne of the prices and wat not but im sure there ball parking it me and my freinds all go 360 for 220 has no warranty but if it ever locks up on us we jus buy another from walmart and swap and return worked twice already learned our lesson not to kick the console

Banned Senior Member

The Xbox owned the ps2? The Ps2 has sold over 100 million consoles over the world, and the ps2 outsold the xbox 360 for months after it&#39;s release, and dominated the 360 during December last year

And as for "bells and whistles" here you go:

360 = ~$400
    Wireless adapter = ~$100
    HD-DVD Drive = ~$200

To equal what the ps3 comes with ( and the games dont even come in HD-DVD format, developers are stuck with 8gb DVD&#39;s to program on comared to 25GB BluRay ) it&#39;s costing you $700 + tax

Also something people seem to forget is the fact the 360 was out for well over a year before the ps3 was released. It was recently the ps3&#39;s 6 month release date, and people compared it to the 360&#39;s 6 month release and the ps3 has been outmatching the 360. Also since it&#39;s later release, BluRay format is outselling HD-DVD every month and has support from the major film companies.

Also how many people went through a few ps3&#39;s at launch compared to the 360&#39;s that kept breaking?

wat do u mean by 200 for hd dvd drive we playing games and movie on ours on hd plasma and its great didn&#39;t pay nething extra as i mention im too tired to research it but i still call bs everyone knows xbox owned ps2 because ps2 missed out on online market

ima lil more awake now so

Wireless adapter = ~$100
    HD-DVD Drive = ~$200

there not even necessary the games barely change much as is i mean it dont make sense for game makers to go outta there way to make a great game cuz wat the fuck are they gunna do next year add new custom face feature fuck that

and when it comes down to it yes maybe so ps3 > xbox 360 but the fact is HALO > ALL

halo is sooooooooo fucking awesome they could make a console that is jus made for halo game and it would sell like the xbox and ps3 probly and isn&#39;t it wi leading in sales if so just goes to show ppl dont care about all the bells and whistles they want a cheap console with good games or something inbetween a console that cost as much as a the tv u use it on

Banned

The Xbox owned the ps2? The Ps2 has sold over 100 million consoles over the world, and the ps2 outsold the xbox 360 for months after it&#39;s release, and dominated the 360 during December last year

And as for "bells and whistles" here you go:

360 = ~$400
    Wireless adapter = ~$100
    HD-DVD Drive = ~$200

To equal what the ps3 comes with ( and the games dont even come in HD-DVD format, developers are stuck with 8gb DVD&#39;s to program on comared to 25GB BluRay ) it&#39;s costing you $700 + tax

Also something people seem to forget is the fact the 360 was out for well over a year before the ps3 was released. It was recently the ps3&#39;s 6 month release date, and people compared it to the 360&#39;s 6 month release and the ps3 has been outmatching the 360. Also since it&#39;s later release, BluRay format is outselling HD-DVD every month and has support from the major film companies.

Also how many people went through a few ps3&#39;s at launch compared to the 360&#39;s that kept breaking?[/b]
    I&#39;ll tell you why:

It&#39;s Ridge Racer,

RIIIIIIIIDDDDDDGEEEEEEEEEE RRRRAAAAAAACCEEEEEEERRRRRRR!!

Aba

xbox 360 > all xD pwnt

but I still want a ps3 ._.

DragonFire

I love gears of war.

boticles

yall are tweakin.

In usa i got my xbox360 (not core) for 300$ after 100$ rebate on thanksgivin :P
    Its way cheaper than ps3.

My first console was PS soim really into sony. Ive always been a fan of it but with ps3 being so fuckin expensive, i choose 360.
    The graphics is better on ps3 unless u got HDTV..if u got a plasma, theres prety much no diffrence. PLUS you get to DL a demo of any game thats out for xbox, and try it out before your buy it for free.

gears of war hell yea that shit was too dope...

<---- halo 3 beta playa (ownage)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast