Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Red ring of death

This is a discussion on Red ring of death within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; how is it that we get red rings of death anyway and ps3 has no troubles...
Page: 3

Arcolan

how is it that we get red rings of death anyway and ps3 has no troubles

Arcolan

dam that sucks

ImShort

It may be overheating. Try to put your xbox in a better ventalated area and put it horizantal

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

Around here i know of 2 pawn shops that can fix it with the Penny method...
    but try this..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsz0lNJ6JrQ"]YouTube - How To Fix the Red Ring of Death #1 (Penny Trick)[/ame]
    Read the Comment under the video it suggest multiple ways to fix it.
    Edit: damn ill just post it

This is going to fix your red ring of death, all you need is a T9 screwdriver, electrical tape, silicone base thermal paste, and 4 sets of 2 pennies (8 all together if your not good at math).

This has worked on my friend's xbox for a 2 years and a half now, and mine worked for about a year.

If you want more info, send me a message or video response this video.

**Update**
    Yes, you can still use live when you are done, no it will not ban your account. Just make sure you have everything plugged in and try using the xbox without live first to make sure everything is perfect. Then you can plug in live and your xbox is set.

Update**** Im so glad a lot of people have found my video helpful. I have gotten about 50 comments/messages saying that you guys have fixed your xbox. Glad to hear you guys are doing great

**UPDATE**
    A lot of people are having similar problems. let me tell you how to fix them.

Q: Do I have to use thermal paste?

A: YES, if you don't the bonding will melt and destroy your system.

Q:I have 2 red lights, what do I do now?

A:2 read lights means overheating. Have you tried the towel trick yet? if so, check the pennies, make sure they are on properly.

Q: Why Pennies???

A: Pennies contain copper, a mineral that is very conductive of heat. Being conductive of heat, it will absorb the heat your xbox is putting out and keep it there instead of the chips.

Q: Can you fix my xbox for me?

A: NO I will not give out my information to you just to fix your xbox. it's really simple if you follow directions.

Q. The fans stop working and it displays 2 red lights

A. check the penny wrappings for holes

Q: What are all the error codes?

A: Go to this website, it will give you all error codes and how you can possibly fix them.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/...

Q: it works for about 1 minute then just turns to 2 rings. also the fans make a really loud noise.

A: Check the pennies. Make sure they are sticking and make sure you don't have any holes in the electrical tape.

Other than that, seems that everyone is doing great. More than 200 comments and messages!

***UPDATE***
    Disclaimer: This trick may not fix ALL rrod. If this does not work for you, try the x-clamp swap out. You can find it on youtube. I am not responsible if you break your own xbox like a n00b. One person who tried to fix their xbox with my trick broke something while doing the trick. They said they were going to sue me. What idiots. Anywho more than 250 comments and messages. And yes, the xboxs I have fixed are still working.

**Update** 2/9/09
    YES! the xbox is still working. NO! I will not fix it for you.

anywho over 1000 people have fixed their xbox's from my video Thanks for all the confirmation comments and thanks for trying it. I am glad I could help.

**Update 9/11/09

Yes, our xbox is still working. Thank you for all the comments and messages however I may not get to your specific comment or message. I am sorry in advance. I am very glad so many people have fixed their xbox's with my trick.

Update 10/4/09
    The xbox got the red rings from GPU failure. I will try to make a video on the xclamp fix soon.
    I personally do not have a xbox 360 but i hope this post helps you. ^^

Edit: this might help as well
    http://www.3rrodfix.com/
    Last edited by griml2eaper; 11-12-2010 at 04:46 AM.

Why the heck is this post from over a year and a half ago being bumped o.O

Anyways I should add: I won a Xbox 360 from IGN when they were doing the Dantes Inferno Prize pack so I never fucked with anything on it lmao.

bump for a good game

if yu let it sit it will go away on some xboxes

ICeDOuT

My Xbox has been freezing up as well. I have the new 360 not even 3 months old and It freezes when I play GTA (Which I think is the modders faults not Xbox) and Black Ops (Which is Xbox's fault). So IDK but they need to fix this problem asap.

This happen to me and my brother a few days ago, we were playing cod back ops for about 3 hours on a split screen online. the game makes a weird noise and glitches out froze. we turned the box off, and it froze again. about 2 days later the ring of death came..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123