New firmware patch

This is a discussion on New firmware patch within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; XMB access and trophy thingy... Wow I'm presonally looking forward for more games in the trphy thingy, and yeah it ...
Page: 1

guykap

XMB access and trophy thingy... Wow I'm presonally looking forward for more games in the trphy thingy, and yeah it would be awesome listening to music while playing gta4... What do you all think af it?

Banned Senior Member

2.4 patch is the shit, comes out tomorrow I believe

guykap

Yeah forgot to mention its coming wednesday

Banned

woowoow back up . whats this xmb? and whats new with it all?

Banned Senior Member

woowoow back up . whats this xmb? and whats new with it all?[/b]

The XMB is the Cross Media Bar, the one that has all the ps3 options sorted out when you boot up the system. This update allows you to access the XMB while playing a game, beforehand you had to quit your game in order to send messages or anything else via the xmb

Banned

The XMB is the Cross Media Bar, the one that has all the ps3 options sorted out when you boot up the system. This update allows you to access the XMB while playing a game, beforehand you had to quit your game in order to send messages or anything else via the xmb[/b]

with you now

guykap

What excactly happened? They took it back to 2.37 or something? I heard it made problems to some ps3's so they took it off..

Banned Senior Member

apparently it was causing problems with harddrives with specific files on it, I Just updated mine now ( downloaded the update to the pc when it came out ) and I didn't brick my system. Nice little update