Viedo card/Graphics card

This is a discussion on Viedo card/Graphics card within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; well i need a new video/graphic card for my computer 2 play the new games such as battlefield 2142,enemy territory ...
Page: 1

Maxpow3r

well i need a new video/graphic card for my computer 2 play the new games such as battlefield 2142,enemy territory quake wars and call of duty 4, any1 got any suggestions on what one i should get or can u post the device you hav?

(i prefer a NVIDIA)

Banned Senior Member

depends, what kind of processor do you have? Throwing in a great card will only do some good, you need a good proccessor to back up the card for full power

Maxpow3r

ive got this
    Processor: IntelŪ PentiumŪ D CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

but i dont want the best card there is, i just want 1 that can run a few modern day games and maybe some more in the future

if u have money 8800GTS

else 8600 is alright

Banned Senior Member

my 8600GTS does me fine

HD3870 is the best bang for the buck now... better than 8800GTS slightly worse than 8800GT but cheaper and much less power needed

graydeath

HD3850 imo, much better then the 8600GTS and without overlocking still beats the 8800 GTS in some areas. Cheaper and less power too.

ive got this
    Processor: IntelŪ PentiumŪ D CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

but i dont want the best card there is, i just want 1 that can run a few modern day games and maybe some more in the future[/b]
    8800 class are one of the best cards that are out now, i got an NVIDIA GEFORCE 7600GT and i can play those games so i think that one would be fine and its not that expensive

mario8

i prefer geforce 8800 gt not so expensive and its very good

Maxpow3r

so the big question here.

NVIDIA or Radeon?

graydeath

The big questions is what is your budget.

ChowBoy

Get SLI (dual video cards) Nvidia GeForce 7900 GS and AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4700+!!! Works GREAT for me and cheap

Maxpow3r

The big questions is what is your budget.[/b]
    well around $300 aussie dollars, btw is it safe 2 install the graphics ccard urself?

Banned Senior Member

well around $300 aussie dollars, btw is it safe 2 install the graphics ccard urself?[/b]
    It's easy, and safe to do ( just dont shock the card or your motherboard..... ) Unless ofc you have one of those smaller factory made computers where everything is tucked in and getting to the card is a bitch, if so you might not even have room for some of the new cards. If you have a full size case tho, you will be fine. Look up online for videos or instructions on removing/adding video cards

blow a ballon up and rub it about 30 times across your head then earth yourself on one of your PC components then insert your graphics card