Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

wat makes you good in fps?

This is a discussion on wat makes you good in fps? within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; ok check it. i jsut finished playing metal gear solid 4. i mean i dont consider myself bad or anything. ...
Page: 1

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

ok check it. i jsut finished playing metal gear solid 4. i mean i dont consider myself bad or anything. i mean i got a good bouncing technique with grenades and im not bad with the assault rifle. but lol when i go into some games i get my ass raped sooo baddd... today this game was me vs 4 guys on mics and yea i was getting raped.. plus it was 1 vs 4... then this random guy came in and just started to wipe the floor with them i was like pff..

anyways..

questions is wat makes a good fps player?

practice, like instead of just playing the game, spent some time taking mental notes of other good players and what they are doing, sounds ghey, but if u really wanna get better thats one thing that helps. that and a steady hand.

Banned Senior Member

also, controller sensitivity can be tricky. Back on Resistance the Professional Gamer Clan ( cant remember the name of it ) but they would only accept members who used the highest sensitivity. When fighting one of them by the time your crosshairs were near their chest, they already had theirs on your head and your long dead

yeh agree, having high sensitivity and adjusting to it can help a lot, but it takes a while to get good with, (cod4, socom, Counterstrike) had to get used to high sensitivity when i played those :S

StoneColdAngel

also, controller sensitivity can be tricky. Back on Resistance the Professional Gamer Clan ( cant remember the name of it ) but they would only accept members who used the highest sensitivity. When fighting one of them by the time your crosshairs were near their chest, they already had theirs on your head and your long dead[/b]
    Lol sounds pretty retarded. You have to find your sense that fits your reactin time. Some like it faster some slower.

Lol sounds pretty retarded. You have to find your sense that fits your reactin time. Some like it faster some slower.[/b]
    well say if u like it slower, if someone is behind u.....dead... if u meet someone and say ur crosshairs is about a foot away from their body, and their is too, the faster one wins. but thats just off headed thinking.
    but i dont know he was asking what makes u better, not comfortable, even though i agree u should play with whats more comfortable.

StoneColdAngel

Bullshit? I like my sense slow I don't need it to be uber fast cuz I can pull my mouse as fast as I want and with a lower sense I can time the shot much better then with a fast.

well doesnt matter how fast u pull ur mouse if ur sensitivity is really low :S but i was talking more towards a controller...where if ur sensitivity is low u cant kick ur analog stick to make it turn faster lol. =)

StoneColdAngel

It depends on how fast you pull ^^ But nvm if you talk about controllers

lol made me laugh thinking about someone slinging their mouse across the room trying to do a 180 headshot

StoneColdAngel

Why would you need to? Better have a slower sense and hit yourtarget then having a fast and pressing too late.

lol i was being sarcastic, when i play CSS on computer my sensitivity is usually like 4 to 4.5 which is pretty low, but when i play with controller i play it really high.
    but with mouse dont need much sensitivity to turn quick, its more about knowing ur own ability and what it would take for u to make a quick turn and shoot accuratly. blah typing and talking is tough business.

StoneColdAngel

Yeah now we talk the same language

Yeah now we talk the same language [/b]
    :lol:

lol i was being sarcastic, when i play CSS on computer my sensitivity is usually like 4 to 4.5 which is pretty low, but when i play with controller i play it really high.
    but with mouse dont need much sensitivity to turn quick, its more about knowing ur own ability and what it would take for u to make a quick turn and shoot accuratly. blah typing and talking is tough business.[/b]
    in css, the avg setting roughly lies ~1.8-2.2 for top-tier gamers

anyways on topic: fps = reaction time and precision. the value of team coordination will value from game to game, but reaction time + accuracy is necessary in all fps. that is what makes you better. realistically, the only way to really achieve that is through practice (as with most games). though, i haven't heard of many targetted methods to improving certain areas. once you get that shit down, scrim scrim scrim till you find a competitive team that will take you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast