What do you guys think about Nintendo Wii?

This is a discussion on What do you guys think about Nintendo Wii? within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; as topic says.....
Page: 1

NoOneSpecial

as topic says..

Psy

I like it, I can browse Wii-friendly websites while on it (this costs 500 points) and it comes with free wireless. There's not that many games on it and it doesn't have the best graphics, but i think it's great for the price.

If you're looking for graphics, better update your TV and get a PS3 or Xbox. Personally, I don't care about the realism of texture in a game, just the difficulty of it.

The major downside is that you'll need to spend 15 dollars to get rechargeable batteries for the Wiimotes.

TunaFishyMe

I think the Wii right now is a big fad but it is good for the cost. Its pretty obvious the target marketing is for casual gamers. Thats why all the graphics are so kiddy and for women. Would a women play MGS? Nope. Would they play MARIO PARTY!?!?!?!? Of course. That and its Nintendo.

Right now, the Wii is dominating since its cheap and innovative (nintendo is always innovative), 360 has the red light of doom error, and PS3 is just too expensive. Wii uses DVD, so its technology is getting outdated.

The reason why PS3 is not selling YET is because blu-ray has not taken over DVD yet. NOt everyone want a blu-ray yet...its still in the transition. But blu-ray is dominating over HD DVD so XBOX's HD DVD Drive is screwed and PS3 is gonna sell after the transition.

The only problem I see with Ps3 is that the technology is so high that a lot of game developers have a hard time putting games on it. Right now, they may be losing a lot of third party support, Kanomi (sp) even hinted that MGS (might not be 4) might be put on xbox since the PS3 sales arent that great. But after the tech gets cheaper, I am sure PS3 will dominate. Besides, PS3 has potential where as Wii and Xbox are still suck with DVDs so just beacuse old series from third party developers might not be exclusive now, doesnt mean newer and perhaps even better series wont be exclusive to Ps3. Sony is still making profits from selling PS2, so they shouldnt be so worried. Drop the price another 50- 100 and good buy Xbox.

Xbox's problem is that its targetted in North America. THE GAMING INDUSTRY IS IN ASIA!! Xbox does not sell in asia thats why their market will always be limited to white boys and their obessesion with Halo.

However, If nintendo is smart and brings out wii2 before the next generation consoles, nintendo will clearly win the war. And also stop making retarded games like Mario PAPER!! Mario PARTY! Mario CASTLE! MARIO TAKES A SHIT!! Personally, Mario isnt that exciting after a billion games. Wii has too many mini-games which is a turnoff for most players. But they do have the wiiFit coming soon which I heard can be used for snowboard and stuff which sound kinda cool. Lets see how that turns out. If thats a fail, Wii will fall fast.

I've only played Wii once at a friends house, and it was Wii Sports, beat him everytime But it seems like an okay gaming system, just don't have any experience in the general gaming it offers.

Carrot

the boxing game is the best!!

ElektraWins

check out this vid on google: WII vs PS3
    a spoof off the IBM vs Mac ads...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...75504838642038

go Wii

Banned

Wii is a console that youre used to use with friends, when youre playing alone theres not alot of cool games to it i guess, its a "party" console XD

assassin110490

nintendo shits all over other gaming things just coz they arnt to pussy to try somthing new they always come up with the new ideas that are sweet and normaly people follow eg wii is the only new console to try new things like having the motion controls witch is way better then what ps3 and xbox have done being nothing but improve there grafics thats lame nintendo seem to be moving more into vertual reality witch could even be there next step :P

>AppleSauce<

motion controls have been there since the 1st Nintendo....remember that duck shooting game with the orange gun???? and that like bug catching game with that glove/gauntlet thingy ???

just that ppl don't like motion controls......
    mostly it's just lil kids and old adults who havent played games in a long time that think motion controls are so sweet

my fren had a motion samurai sword for the game Omnimusha....i came his house and played....IT STINKS!!!

motion controls are bad, only nintendo sticks with them -_-

Carrot

motion controls have been there since the 1st Nintendo....remember that duck shooting game with the orange gun???? and that like bug catching game with that glove/gauntlet thingy ???

just that ppl don't like motion controls......
    mostly it's just lil kids and old adults who havent played games in a long time that think motion controls are so sweet

my fren had a motion samurai sword for the game Omnimusha....i came his house and played....IT STINKS!!!

motion controls are bad, only nintendo sticks with them -_-[/b]
    man duckhunt was way ahead of its time and it owned all. its still a fun game to play