Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Xbox 360 vs PS3

This is a discussion on Xbox 360 vs PS3 within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; Alright first of all I love both consoles. I have an Xbox and anticipate having the a lot of Xbox ...
Page: 1

peterX

Alright first of all I love both consoles.
    I have an Xbox and anticipate having the a lot of Xbox sequels on the 360
    ie, Halo 3 , DOA 4, Fable 2 etc

However I have the Playstation, Playstation 2 and the Playstation Portable
    so all i'm missing to complete the family is the Playstation 3

So my question is what should i get.

When it come to the X360
    Pro - Lots of game i would love to get
    Con - Red Ring of Death - Is that still a problem, im think of getting the Pro or Elite for the game bundles xD
    - I'm cheap so i don't like to pay for online services xD, would soon change mind etc.

PS3
    Pro - Blue Ray Player xD
    - My Favouite games will come out soon - xD FF13, Tekkin 6, (love my asian-ness)
    - Most PS3 games (3rd Party) counterpart are better on PS3 vs X360
    - Free online, however not as better compare to stablity of X360
    Con - Not alot of games yet, so il be still waiting for my favs
    - Backwards compatiblity, should I spend an extra hundred for the 80 GB version that has some backwards compatiblity.

Now I got a few question that makes me wonder a few things...

Can the X360 and PS3 work on a regular CRT TV (480p?)? I will upgrade soon, Sony Trintron ftw xD
    Besides the fact it will look shit on a standard TV, but screen burnings?

I know PS2 games are better played on PS2 but anyone think its wroth it to spend an extra hundred for the 80 GB PS3 that has some backwards compatablity? I was thinking the PS2 games will load faster on PS3.

Is the Red Ring of Death problem been fixed or still an occurring problem? I heard newer console ie Elite and Arcade shouldnt have this problem.

So yaa so, I know some shit but the last few question is what i'm looking for, other stuff is to help people to not give me answer i already know xD.

Oh btw, no Get Wii suggestion lol.
    Already have one, just don't want to invest to much on it / cant stand playing it all day with all the movements.
    So thx ppl, i know the Ko4life community will help make this important choice lol

DarK

I don't know anything about PS3's, im sure they are good, but I have a 360 and I love it. Xbox Live is worth the 50-60? dollars per year and the red rings of death aren't really a problem if you keep your 360 in a place where it can get some air.

An intercooler is always helpful too. (i have one)

Anyways it's up to you and your personal preferences.

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

I'm getting tired of my Wii also. I play SSB:B a lot online, a lobby would help out the game so much. Sick of random problems, and sick of getting bored playing online. I want to get 360. $$ is the biggest factor for me. Anyone wanna buy my Wii 3 controllers silicon cases, 5 games, and guitar hero guitar? xD

I still wonder why people care about graphics so much though. Like blu-ray... Who cares if you can see the tiniest detail... It's cool in-games but you won't really pay attention to the details right?

peterX

thx for the replys
    lol after writing this i think il be buying a PS3 first, fanboy xD

one thing that concern me is would i serouly need to update my TV
    also when it comes to the Sony/PS3's Blu-Ray Disk it allows more room
    which = better graphics and gameplay option so i heard.
    for example some game dev found it hard to make some games
    on the 360 reg DVD while more option on the BR-D ie GTA4 i think
    while it was a chalenge to full use the BluRay with other games like Assassin's Creed so i heard

Banned Senior Member

Assasins Creed didn't use the full disc, the only game to use all 50gb so far is Metal Gear Solid 4

peterX

Assasins Creed didn't use the full disc, the only game to use all 50gb so far is Metal Gear Solid 4[/b]
    Right thx

The only thing i wish Ps3 had was MLG for Cod 4 , but Ps3 > X360

XBOX for now, in an year or so PS3 > XBOX

Microsoft is throwing in lots of money to keep up the competition with PS3

peterX

XBOX for now, in an year or so PS3 > XBOX

Microsoft is throwing in lots of money to keep up the competition with PS3[/b]

True, however that found effective in North American market and Europe too?
    Everyone knows it all about the Japanese market, that Microsoft trying to get a position in.

Anyways I think after some research im going PS3 all the way baby xD
    .... just need to wait till Dual Shock 3 is bundled in the cheaper PS3 or a FF13 bundle xD

DarK

If you watch it past the gay (funny if ur in a good mood) he has some good points about the 360/PS3 IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmvcP71A-Wk...php?uid=3058050

Dark_sith

In 3 weeks PS3 gets in-game XMB something XBOX has had on the PS3 since the beginning.... (2.40 update for PS3) no more leaving out games to send messages we can listen to our own song's and we will have trophies and crap....

Also HOME is giving it's current users 5 BETA invites to get their friends into it (rumor) so people interested in HOME will be excited....

The next big game I'm looking for this summer is LBP, Sid Meier's Civilaztion, SOCOM... the games will be coming soon I believe

It will take time, for the PS3 to used to it's full potential, problem is they make games for 360 and just fucking port them over to the PS3....wish Madden or FIFA would look and play better on my PS3

Banned Senior Member

Then have your games made by companies like Infinity Ward Cod4 was never ported, each version ( pc, 360, ps3 ) was all built from the ground up.

Dark_sith

Then have your games made by companies like Infinity Ward Cod4 was never ported, each version ( pc, 360, ps3 ) was all built from the ground up.[/b]
    COD was good for about 5 hour&#39;s that shit is wack, hopefully BF:BC will be good once I check it out <_<

Banned
    Boston Mass aka Murder Mass . . . . ';-] . . . Server: ares best server Clan: BuDDaH grade: [1] Clan Rank:43 gg clan Character: BuDDaH

Lightbulb

Then have your games made by companies like Infinity Ward Cod4 was never ported, each version ( pc, 360, ps3 ) was all built from the ground up.[/b]
    my ps3 stopped played games 2 months after i baught it..

Dark_sith

my ps3 stopped played games 2 months after i baught it..[/b]
    Call Sony you have a guranteed 1 year warranty from Sony they will replace your shit for free

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast