Change picture size without loosing pixles?

This is a discussion on Change picture size without loosing pixles? within the Media forums, part of the Off Topic category; hey guys. I wonder if its possible to change a images size without loosing pixles of it. I don't have ...
Page: 1

hey guys. I wonder if its possible to change a images size without loosing pixles of it. I don't have php installed atm but it would awesome if someone could help me out since it is to a new tattoo I'm about to do.

thx in advance.

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

Its not that you lose pixels, its that when you make it bigger, it loses the quality because they become further apart. Programs like photoshop have software which reduces this effect but without a proper program i dont think you can.

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

ResserGD is right. Let's take a 32x32 size'd pic for example. It has 1024 pixels overall, if you make it 64x64 that's 4096 overall it won't look the same because there's 4 times more pixels than in the original one. The bigger the original picture and the less pixels you have to "stretch" it the more clear the picture will be.
    Post the picture here so we can have a look at it.

Banned

there was this software who could resize (bigger) your pictures up to like 1000% with only 70% quality loss.. really amazing. If i remember the name ill tell u