Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The dumbest high school in the country ever

This is a discussion on The dumbest high school in the country ever within the Media forums, part of the Off Topic category; [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwhvE0gIm3I&feature=grec"]YouTube - Napa High Waterslide Accident - 1997[/ame] tldw: every year the graduating class goes to a water park and ...
Page: 1

Default The dumbest high school in the country ever

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwhvE0gIm3I&feature=grec"]YouTube - Napa High Waterslide Accident - 1997[/ame]

tldw: every year the graduating class goes to a water park and sees how many people they can get onto 1 slide at a time, big fucking surprise the water slide broke because its not meant to hold 70 people at once and they all fell to their death

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Only in the US.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark3lf View Post
    Only in the US.
    Haha so true. First of all, the students are retarded enough themselves not to logically think... after all, I think it's quite obvious that the slides are made of plastic. Second of all, the people that work there are the ones to be blamed as well, they have a clear view of the slides and they "should" know when to release people.

Funny thing, this was in 1997... imagine now, it would take only 10 people instead of 70 lol... it is USA after all.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

Only in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Haha so true. First of all, the students are retarded enough themselves not to logically think... after all, I think it's quite obvious that the slides are made of plastic. Second of all, the people that work there are the ones to be blamed as well, they have a clear view of the slides and they "should" know when to release people.

Funny thing, this was in 1997... imagine now, it would take only 10 people instead of 70 lol... it is USA after all.
    Implying everyone in the US is stupid or that this is a common occurrence...get over yourselves, one bad example does not make the majority as bad as them.

And giga, why would you start this topic, knowing it would erupt into ANOTHER "OMG UR COUNTRY IS DUMB" "NO ITS NOT URS IS" topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Parasitic View Post
    Implying everyone in the US is stupid or that this is a common occurrence...get over yourselves, one bad example does not make the majority as bad as them.

And giga, why would you start this topic, knowing it would erupt into ANOTHER "OMG UR COUNTRY IS DUMB" "NO ITS NOT URS IS" topic?
    No one implied that everyone in the US is stupid. If you read carefully the "only in US" part means that this kind of stuff just happens in the USA. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    No one implied that everyone in the US is stupid. If you read carefully the "only in US" part means that this kind of stuff just happens in the USA. Nothing more, nothing less.

It could be interpreted as, "OFC it happened in the US, why would it happen here? We're not all dumb like the Americans...."

I could easily dig something up about canada/uk/germany/france or any other country about a bunch of idiotic teenagers killing themselves in a retarded fashion.

It'd be a lot easier if we just avoided topics like this altogether, only ends up with everyone bashing each others countries.

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

there should b water under teh slides.

Quote Originally Posted by Parasitic View Post

It could be interpreted as, "OFC it happened in the US, why would it happen here? We're not all dumb like the Americans...."

I could easily dig something up about canada/uk/germany/france or any other country about a bunch of idiotic teenagers killing themselves in a retarded fashion.

It'd be a lot easier if we just avoided topics like this altogether, only ends up with everyone bashing each others countries.
    lol I'm assuming only Americans would interpret it in that sort of way, that is specifically relating it to the "only in USA" part.

It's not the fact that this gets posted and a few replies are posted that makes the whole 'flame war', but it's people trying to defend themselves and what the OP posted,... which as we all know, some of us can't wait for a little drama action on these forums.

Ah, vandals.

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Only in the US.
    That was just a joke, geez.
    Stuff like that happens to everyone because people are just dumb.
    Things that happen in the US are the only ones that spread world wide, hence my comment.
    Last edited by Dark3lf; 03-07-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Uzu

Americans must be dumb they write in pink

Only in the US.
    i think you mean this would only get noticed in the US beacuse of the many US stereotypes (which most arent even true), when in reality there are stupid people all around the world, including finland and ESPECIALLY canada

Quote Originally Posted by giga View Post
    i think you mean this would only get noticed in the US beacuse of the many US stereotypes (which most arent even true), when in reality there are stupid people all around the world, including finland and ESPECIALLY canada
    He might have meant only in the USA, as in just this situation has ever happened in the USA.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Edit: not gonna argue with some1 who writes in pink :>

Quote Originally Posted by josri View Post
    Edit: not gonna argue with some1 who writes in pink :>
    Why should the color of my text matter? YOU'RE PREJUDICED! lolololol

Oh well, I'm done arguing with theunbeatable, and anyone else here. You've all made up your minds anyway: The US is full of idiots, and your country is great because, apparently, your country doesn't have retarded kids in it.

Anytime this happens in any other country, it gets on the local evening news, and sure, it's sad, but it doesn't get worldwide attention.

However, if this happens in the US, some one has to notice and point it out. "LOL, LOOK AT THOSE RETARDS. THAT NEVER HAPPENS HERE."

Get over ur egotistical selves and stfu.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast