Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Is this how the war in Iraq should be fought?

This is a discussion on Is this how the war in Iraq should be fought? within the Media forums, part of the Off Topic category; Originally Posted by Parasitic All Americans are bad, dumb, stupid, hate everyone else and are horrible people. That's all I ...
Page: 2

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Parasitic View Post
    All Americans are bad, dumb, stupid, hate everyone else and are horrible people. That's all I hear from people from other countries.

Take a look around the world, you'll find a lot of people like that....this is just another case of some faggot who got caught on camera doing something horrible, and everyone assumes anyone associated with that individual or group of individuals is also a horrible person.

Point is people are bad, doesn't matter who you are, where you are from, what race you are, religion, doesn't matter, there's a dickhead among every group, and topics like this only seem to ignore that. Quit generalizing or gtfo.
    But they are. It's not one person/group that is being blamed here, it is the country in general since the government decided to cover up the story. Government = country = general view towards a country.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    But they are. It's not one person/group that is being blamed here, it is the country in general since the government decided to cover up the story. Government = country = general view towards a country.

You're a fucking idiot.

[/COLOR] You're a fucking idiot.
    yup

glad this video got out though makes everyone take a second thought about our wars in the middle east

[/COLOR] You're a fucking idiot.
    You back your country's action just fine.... pink fag.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

You back your country's action just fine.... pink fag.
    Where did I ever say I condoned what was done? l2read retard.

Where did I ever say I condoned what was done? l2read retard.
    Enough out of you pink fluffy.

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100%VOLUME Senior Member SamEs's Avatar

All Americans are bad, dumb, stupid, hate everyone else and are horrible people. That's all I hear from people from other countries.

Take a look around the world, you'll find a lot of people like that....this is just another case of some faggot who got caught on camera doing something horrible, and everyone assumes anyone associated with that individual or group of individuals is also a horrible person.

Point is people are bad, doesn't matter who you are, where you are from, what race you are, religion, doesn't matter, there's a dickhead among every group, and topics like this only seem to ignore that. Quit generalizing or gtfo.
    too much Supernatural? j/k :P

the thing is, its not the only thing they did wrong, there are alot more, if you true to yourself you know that aswell. For me i normaly dont give a ... but some things make me stop breathing, for example this video.

pinky/green ftw

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

Government = country = general view towards a country.
    Nick, you live in Canada, do you honestly think everyone agreed to the war in Iraq? These guys in the helicopter are obviously doing something wrong, but what happened on 9/11 when people were just going about their daily lives without any wars of conflicts and planes smashed into buildings in 3 different states.

Moreover, i think your forgetting about when Serbia were engaging in their own mass murder/genocide/ethnic cleansing of Bosnians, where they brutally killed innocent people, raped innocent women based merely on their identity and muslim religion.

TheFallout

This is horrible no doubt, but don't forgot all their suicide bombings and the 911 attack.

i didnt read all posts cuz i sense alot of flaming/trolling going on.

let me say that i have watched the videos a few times and i have been going back and forth about it. i found this gif and in it you can see that the reporters are with militia men. if you look behind the cross hair in this gif you can see that a man has a ak 47 in a sling and one man has an rpg the man with the rpg shortly has his back to the apache and u see his back his rpg is silhoutted as he turns to walk with the men. its obviously not a stick or a rifle its a rpg.

the apaches were in the area after reports of small arm fire on a convoy that was doing patrols in the area... at one point the photographer leans around the building and points his camera towards the covoy and snaps some photos of the convoy . i have obtained these photos probably the last ever taken. at this point the soliders cannot tell its a camera and it looks like the man is readying to fire his rpg . take into mind that they do not have the luxury of waiting to identify what is in his hands and they must act.

while i do not believe everything that was done in this video is right i think alot of people were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. especially the good samaritans who were just trying to help the wounded... it has been stated that insurgents regularly retrieve bodies and weapons to keep intel from the americans and also with the hope that the guys will live to fight again. while i dont support shooting unarmed civilians like that i can understand the soliders are doing what they must and also this was 3 years ago when the insurgency was at its worst and every day we were losing soliders so tension was running much higher.

i tried to load this gif but its too big to be supported being posted here sorrry. anyways if u watch the video again watch carefully from about 3.30-4.00 at first they are looking at the 2 camera men and as the camera men walk off the frame there are 3 men walking closely together 1 has the ak and the second has the rpg.
    Last edited by Jayrich; 04-07-2010 at 04:19 AM.

Uzu

Quote Originally Posted by AsSaiLaNT9082 View Post
    Nick, you live in Canada, do you honestly think everyone agreed to the war in Iraq? These guys in the helicopter are obviously doing something wrong, but what happened on 9/11 when people were just going about their daily lives without any wars of conflicts and planes smashed into buildings in 3 different states.

Moreover, i think your forgetting about when Serbia were engaging in their own mass murder/genocide/ethnic cleansing of Bosnians, where they brutally killed innocent people, raped innocent women based merely on their identity and muslim religion.
    Wait Pat are you honestly fucking kidding me with that last paragraph? Wow. Once again, this is how the US media poisons the minds of its citizens and worldwide viewers with its media average. Muder/genocide? Do you actually have any idea what happened? I'll tell you what happened.

You are probably referring to the Srbrenica genocide where Serbians killed thousands of Muslim Bosnians as that's always the "recognizable" one. That part US media didn't forget to implement at its worst case scenario situation, while missing up on the actual case of why it happened. Srbernica is a little area, let's say like a city now-a-days, like Toronto. Basically it was in the middle of Serbia, and it was a Bosnian area/territory (don't forget, in the middle of Serbia). At this point, Serbian MEN had the duty of supporting their country and were automatically recruited into the army during the war that happened in ~`90. While being on the battlefields, the senior citizens, wives, and children were left behind at home. During that time that the MEN were on the battlefield, the Muslim Bosnians that lived in Srbrenica, every single night, with a few groups organized, went out of their district, into the Serbian homes, slaughtering families 1 by 1, childrens, wives and grandparents of the Serbian soldiers at war. This happened every night, and for the time altogether that the Serbian men were gone to battle, the death of Serbian innocent wives and children added up to well over a thousand. So please do tell me, if you came home, to not only a most likely burned house, but a house that's either empty that brings you shock or it either contains the bodies of your wives and children, what would you do? Now once again, this isn't just a few families we are talking about. Hundreds of families were in the same situation, and yet the men that came back to their murdered wives and children, just like anyone else would, would fucking rage. Now at that time of war, the area, Srbrenica, was occupied by the Muslim Bosnians and protected by a few hundred UN nation military members. So what happened was that these Serbian men gathered in rage, threatened the UN military forces to evacuate before they rape the shit out of everyone there. The UN forces saw that it was no joke, so they all left.... and the Serbian men invaded the area killing everything in their way. That's the true story of the so called "genocide", yet I do believe that US doesn't cover that part in their media.

If you want I can tell you another story, of the 1999 US bombing on Serbia, where 2 of relatives died, and yet when I came back to Canada, I saw on BBC, the MOST BULLSHIT cover up story that made me rage as well. It was on the basis of that it was "an accident", but no deaths and injuries as the CITIZEN train contained only the drivers.... YET the true story is that it contained over 100 people, of which most died, and the 2 of my relatives were one of them. Coming to my point, I know what happens in war, people die.... but from the start I mentioned that it's the US fucking media that's full of lies and bullshit cover up stories that I can't stand.

Quote Originally Posted by AsSaiLaNT9082 View Post

You just compared terrorism to America and proved the stupidity of Americans.... True that.
    Last edited by aligator; 04-07-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aligator View Post
    You just compared terrorism to America and proved the stupidity of Americans.... True that.
    The guys in the helicopter don't represent all Americans you twat, the war was a controversy it wasn't agreed upon by every single human being in America. The funny thing is you and Nick are both generalizing the idea that all Americans have a generalized thought on the war and terrorism. Do you know why this is funny? your generalizing a supposedly 'generalized' idea, which makes you the moron. I rather fight over terrorism or "oil" then religion any day, the fact that people can fight over 'holy' bullshit and 'gods' who they never even seen or met is purely maniacal.

@ Nick, this isn't the U.S media were talking about here, its global reports and news. The fact that you can't wrap your mind that theres more then 1 country on this earth with a bad reputation or history is pathetic. Everything is supposedly a cover up or has a 2nd story to it, yet you were never there to experience any of the things that happened. In addition you just stated "BBC news in CANADA" had a bullshit story, yet at the same time you sound like America is the only one doing it. By the way, i wasn't even born in America, im European, but all this trash about how America is the only country doing bad things bla bla bla is just senseless banter.
    Last edited by AsSaiLaNT9082; 04-07-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Once again, you make my point Nick. You claim the massive killings of Muslim Bosnians were a counter attack because they killed innocent people while men were not home. Yet this does not explain the Muslim part, why muslims? What is the difference between this supposed scenario and American troops killing people in Iraq AFTER thousands of innocent lives were taken on September 11th?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast