My Custom Shop Jag-Stang and Marshall Amp

This is a discussion on My Custom Shop Jag-Stang and Marshall Amp within the Media forums, part of the Off Topic category; I have owned my Jag-Stang since 1996 when Fedner were celebrating 50 years of making guitars. normal Jag-Stangs were made ...
Page: 1

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I have owned my Jag-Stang since 1996 when Fedner were celebrating 50 years of making guitars. normal Jag-Stangs were made in Fenders Japan factory and then shipped out around the world. How ever Fender made a run of around 50 Jag-Stang's in the US custom shop which were to the exact specs of the 2 Jag-Stang's that were made for Kurt Cobain a few years earlier when Nirvana recorded the In Utreo album.

For the last 6 years the guitar has not been used much as the pick ups and dials needed to be resoldered and the heights of the pick up and bridge needed readjusting. I finally got all of this done and the guitar sounds deep and rich and was back in perfect working order.

My Guitar Amp is a Marshall Valvestate 2000 150 AVT. Basically it is a old school valve amp which is producing 250 watts. It's the perfect amp as it has many different effects and modes but it over drive is so pure and warm you can't beat it. PersonallyI think they are way beeter than the Peavy solid stae amp and the VOX and Fender amps. I think the only amp that would better mine would be an Orange amp , using the hub and cab combonation.

So here is a pic of my babies

killa

thats nice, im rockin an ibanez rg2 ex2 with a crate gfx 120 atm. good shit dude i <3 a marshal sound

sweetness.

AphRaeL

i love those amps

SocialParasite Senior Member Kronos's Avatar

Does it have vibrato? Some people say it has other say it doesn&#39;t I&#39;m just curious and BTW did you try to play it at full volume in doors?

The Jag-Stang has a tremilo system. If you look at the back bar by the pick up&#39;s you see a barrel. You can adjust the height so suit prefrance. I have it locked down so it plays like a solid action. I find it keeps the guitar intune better while playing. It is the main reason why I never used a Strat was I found they would drop out of tune unless you have a locking bar at the nutt.

If I play the amp over half way my room shakes and my ears start to ring, but it is a price I am willing to play in the quest of Valve amp holyness!

killa

yea dude its definatley a nice setup you got. i just orderd a line 6 pod to record stuff with, and also to check out the presets they have for them. supposedly you can "play through" all kinds of different amps and cabs. do you have any experience with them?

fdjk

i love those amps [/b]
    Sorry to go off-topic but lmao at your signature. I&#39;ma have to try that out LOL.

yea dude its definatley a nice setup you got. i just orderd a line 6 pod to record stuff with, and also to check out the presets they have for them. supposedly you can "play through" all kinds of different amps and cabs. do you have any experience with them?[/b]
    I studied media for 3 years and done a fair number of gigs. Zero is the best person to ask as he works in a recording studio.

SocialParasite Senior Member Kronos's Avatar

yea dude its definatley a nice setup you got. i just orderd a line 6 pod to record stuff with, and also to check out the presets they have for them. supposedly you can "play through" all kinds of different amps and cabs. do you have any experience with them?[/b]
    It&#39;s said that only super uber pro sound engineers/guitarist can spot a difference.

BTW I was wondering if any of you could do rock/metal version of KO theme ;that one from login phase. It&#39;d sound interesting for sure.

single song please :wub: