No party chat for MW2 for xbox 360

This is a discussion on No party chat for MW2 for xbox 360 within the CoD forums, part of the Other category; ahh such disappointment Seriously one of the worst decision i have seen a company make. I dont even understand the ...
Page: 1

Default No party chat for MW2 for xbox 360

ahh such disappointment

Seriously one of the worst decision i have seen a company make. I dont even understand the arguments to keep it. "It will force people to communicate and make new friends" umm no...more likely people will just not talk. The majority of people playing this game are playing it to relieve stress and to interact with friends. I dont want to worry about other people listening to private conversations i have with my friends. "As for the argument friends will tell friends on opposing teams where to kill people" lol really?? when im forced to play against my friends i think we worry more about owning each other than anything. lol If anyone comes back with the argument its good because people can now make new friends....go outside interact with new people and make some friends. Extremely ridiculous and i hope it goes away or im moving to another fps that allows party chat.

Forced to mute every twelve year old i play with awesome!!!!

Fear the White Rabbit!!! Senior Member konioko's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ::Stapler:: View Post
    ahh such disappointment

Seriously one of the worst decision i have seen a company make. I dont even understand the arguments to keep it. "It will force people to communicate and make new friends" umm no...more likely people will just not talk. The majority of people playing this game are playing it to relieve stress and to interact with friends. I dont want to worry about other people listening to private conversations i have with my friends. "As for the argument friends will tell friends on opposing teams where to kill people" lol really?? when im forced to play against my friends i think we worry more about owning each other than anything. lol If anyone comes back with the argument its good because people can now make new friends....go outside interact with new people and make some friends. Extremely ridiculous and i hope it goes away or im moving to another fps that allows party chat.

Forced to mute every twelve year old i play with awesome!!!!
    I don't have a problem with it. With party chat disabled you can actually strategize with your teammates instead of them not even knowing your talking because they're in a party. And it's not like you can't talk to your friends. Start a party in the lobby and then join team deathmatch or something. Though i have to agree some of those little kids can be annoying as hell.

What kind of private conversations are you having with your friends you can't wait to talk about until you see them?

well it doesnt let you play deathmatch or something with party chat on so turning it on it the lobby doesnt work lol. Why try to make this game into something its not. It would be an ideal world if people would log on and use each other to strategise but lets be honest this is clearly not the case. Everytime i try to warn people or anything on regular chat, the people im warning just stay quiet so i dont want to be forced into interacting with these people. I like many use this game to connect with many friends and instead of using the chat system to "strategise at every point" we use it to tell jokes back and forth and talk about things important to us. I dont want to be the inconsiderate jackass annoying other people in the game because im talking to my friends about things we care about. People will interact with each other if they want too, forcing them wont make this happen.

P.S. Its not what the conversation is about but more i personally would not want to hear others talk about random things when im playing the game why should they have to hear me.

Banned

Just dont play xbox lol
    go for computer and use TeamSpeak or Vent while doing Fcm \ Pcw

Ive gotten so use to playing with the xbox controller (played mw and waw only on xbox) that using the keyboard and mouse feels awkward now. Also i enjoy playing the game on a big screen tv compared to a computer monitor. I just hope they switch it back when enough people bitched.

The argument for teamwork wont last long, they got rid of the tanks in World at War in hardcore modes because people thought they were too powerful. Personally i preferred the tanks because it made me and my friends work together to destroy one. Just gotta play the waiting game i guess....

Fear the White Rabbit!!! Senior Member konioko's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ::Stapler:: View Post
    well it doesnt let you play deathmatch or something with party chat on so turning it on it the lobby doesnt work lol. Why try to make this game into something its not. It would be an ideal world if people would log on and use each other to strategise but lets be honest this is clearly not the case. Everytime i try to warn people or anything on regular chat, the people im warning just stay quiet so i dont want to be forced into interacting with these people. I like many use this game to connect with many friends and instead of using the chat system to "strategise at every point" we use it to tell jokes back and forth and talk about things important to us. I dont want to be the inconsiderate jackass annoying other people in the game because im talking to my friends about things we care about. People will interact with each other if they want too, forcing them wont make this happen.

P.S. Its not what the conversation is about but more i personally would not want to hear others talk about random things when im playing the game why should they have to hear me.

Fair enough lol. I get what your saying about talking with friends. But when i first saw it that's what my initial thought was. Also if you do MTDM you can stay in your party chat.

thahitman

i definitly disagree with getting rid of party chat ya you can now strategize with teammates or you can listen to them whine about the other team and how they are all gay so loud to where you cant hear your frinds who are playin the same game who acually do use stategy

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

if im in a party chat i just play mercenary team deathmatch.

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    if im in a party chat i just play mercenary team deathmatch.
    Mercenary can't be joined in a party, so that makes no sense

I talk a lot of shit so I never really used party chat anyway so I don't really care. And yes I mute all the 12 yr olds. My favorite new addition is that you can mute people in the lobby before the game even starts If im on with my buddies I could care less if people listen, usually we're just fuckin around laughing and you actually meet some funny people in game so I don't mind.

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CurLy View Post
    Mercenary can't be joined in a party, so that makes no sense

I talk a lot of shit so I never really used party chat anyway so I don't really care. And yes I mute all the 12 yr olds. My favorite new addition is that you can mute people in the lobby before the game even starts If im on with my buddies I could care less if people listen, usually we're just fuckin around laughing and you actually meet some funny people in game so I don't mind.
    yeah it is. i think its one of those no modern warfare2 parties allowed. but parties with other players in different games allowed. i havent checked, but i can play. :X

It's good this way, I like making new friends anyways. But the real deal about this is, you can play s&d without people telling your spot...

Dustin

The only real downfall of not being able to use Party Chat is the fact that you cannot communicate with someone who is playing another game or playing a different mode within COD. Party Chat is only limited to some of the modes so its not like you're stuck with have no choice in playing only Game Chat. Besides, if you're playing in a party with friends, using game chat would be more fun. Being able to talk shit to the other team, or spectating a surviving teammate and laughing your ass off when he gets his brains blown out of his head. I love the limitation on it and I have made some new friends playing it. You'll get used to it I guess.