Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

49ers

This is a discussion on 49ers within the Sports forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Originally Posted by WeeWillie out of his whole career? he has only played 12 games and hes 9 and 4... ...
Page: 3

Quote Originally Posted by WeeWillie View Post
    out of his whole career? he has only played 12 games and hes 9 and 4... and yeah they did play excellent... that was an accurate pass and a very skiled catch...
    yea and the majority of those wins were not because of his passing but rather the running game so once again i still wouldn't trust him to win many games for me down the line. Now with frank gore injured i would be a little scared.

With about 12 seconds left and only a touchdown to win the game the fact that san fran didn't have almost all of its db's in the endzone is suprising that's why im saying their defense was not excellent.

Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar

I say it was an excellent throw, but an even better catch.. Kudos to both Favre and Lewis. Also, the fact the Niners didn't have their basic prevent defense and their DB's or at least safety's in the endzone is weird and probably something they wish the did now.. I thought they had the game, but sometimes things don't go your way..

I thought the Cards game would be a little closer, but when Manning has time and is on his game, watch out.. I will watch tonight's game, dunno why, guess I love football lol..

Next week my Ravens play the Pats, hopefully their DB's got the rookie rust out after that pounding they took from Rivers lol.. Of course everyone will be watching the Monday night game next week, but I also think the Jets vs NO game should be interesting, a real test for the Jets D..

yea can't wait for the ravens-pats game. Should be an interesting one to say the least. lol Although with flacco firing on all cylinders and the ravens D as good as always, i don't kno if any team will be able to beat them if they continue like this.

Disappointed that chad pennington is out for the year, i thought miami could keep it interesting like last year and have 3 teams battling over playoff spots but without him it doesnt seem likely.

Quote Originally Posted by ::Stapler:: View Post
    To make the point clear. I am giving ALL CREDIT TO THE RECIVER. i dont care about the throw, the man jumped in the air, stretched out to catch it then made sure he had both feet on the ground. The man deserves it for that amount of effort. lol
    ... You're an idiot. The amount of precision put into a throw like that. It was a 40 yard bullet while he scrambled in the pocket and threw off his front foot. It wasn't a vertical hail mary it wasn't a prayer it was perfectly thrown in a place where the 2 backs were unable to get to the reciever.

To not give the passer credit is just ignorant, but I'm not surprised coming from you after reading your posts. And are you saying Brett Favre isn't a hall of fame quarterback? lol...I'm sure you think Kurt Warner is much better huh? ...

And yeah the jets vs NO is gonna be a huge test for rex ryan and our D against drew brees. Hopefully he has another shitty week, if he puts up any kind of numbers reminiscent to the first 2 games we're gonna be in a deep hole. Also gonna be interesting to see if Sanchez can go toe to toe with brees.

Shame about pennington though, he's got such a good head on his shoulders... if only his shoulders were healthy.
    Last edited by CurLy; 09-28-2009 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLy View Post
    ... You're an idiot. The amount of precision put into a throw like that. It was a 40 yard bullet while he scrambled in the pocket and threw off his front foot. It wasn't a vertical hail mary it wasn't a prayer it was perfectly thrown in a place where the 2 backs were unable to get to the reciever.

To not give the passer credit is just ignorant, but I'm not surprised coming from you after reading your posts. And are you saying Brett Favre isn't a hall of fame quarterback? lol...I'm sure you think Kurt Warner is much better huh? ...

And yeah the jets vs NO is gonna be a huge test for rex ryan and our D against drew brees. Hopefully he has another shitty week, if he puts up any kind of numbers reminiscent to the first 2 games we're gonna be in a deep hole. Also gonna be interesting to see if Sanchez can go toe to toe with brees.

Shame about pennington though, he's got such a good head on his shoulders... if only his shoulders were healthy.
    thats what im sayin!

... You're an idiot. The amount of precision put into a throw like that. It was a 40 yard bullet while he scrambled in the pocket and threw off his front foot. It wasn't a vertical hail mary it wasn't a prayer it was perfectly thrown in a place where the 2 backs were unable to get to the reciever..
    sigh sadly if you paid any attention to the game you could see that there was only one real db playing defense on the play. The other was in front of the endzone before the throw and by the time the ball came to the reciever he couldnt do much to prevent it. Ill agree the throw was good, brett still had to throw it infront of the reciever but come on, you gotta give that to the reciever for making the catch. You both are like all the announcers on espn, you jump too quickly to give farve credit and forget the reciever even exists.

When did i say brett farve isn't a hall of fame quarterback??? Just because i personally don't like him doesn't mean he hasn't had a a hall of fame career.

If you personally asked me to choose at this point from which quarterback warner to farve to play for my team....well id choose warner. Their both old yes but warner is more accurate and farve still likes to throw a crap load of interceptions.

I hope you weren't trying to bash on kurt warner as a QB because that man still has a superbowl ring.

Don't be hard on Stapler, I have had many debates with him especially during the NBA season and playoffs{Lakers suck} lol.. He knows his stuff about sports!! Although I don't always agree with him, we have some nice debates..

I am pulling for the Jets, I mean you guys have Rex Ryan, Scott and Leonhard , three people who I have a lot of respect for and would like to see do well.. It is a shame about Pennington though, good QB and person..

Quote Originally Posted by ::Stapler:: View Post
    Ill agree the throw was good, brett still had to throw it infront of the reciever but come on, you gotta give that to the reciever for making the catch. You both are like all the announcers on espn, you jump too quickly to give farve credit and forget the reciever even exists.
    The pass and catch were both top notch, likely candidate for one of the best plays of the season already. They both made the play what it was
    As I said the catch was great. He looked like an all star with that grab and I was amazed he kept that foot in, but with 12 seconds to go and what was it, 40 yards or so, Favre showed his veteran poise in making the play happen even under incredible pressure. Great play overall on both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Don't be hard on Stapler, I have had many debates with him especially during the NBA season and playoffs{Lakers suck} lol.. He knows his stuff about sports!! Although I don't always agree with him, we have some nice debates..

I am pulling for the Jets, I mean you guys have Rex Ryan, Scott and Leonhard , three people who I have a lot of respect for and would like to see do well.. It is a shame about Pennington though, good QB and person..
    Yeah he probably does but the Favre hatred is getting in the way of it imo. I absolultely despise Tom Brady but I can't deny he's one of the best QB's in the league (or was at least) Gotta just try to avoid biased opinion when discussing shit. And I was being a douche cuz I don't like being flamed as a bandwagonner when i've bled green for years now after each season we haven't even made the playoffs.

I still wear my Pennington jersey every jet game :P Might have to get a sanchez one though haha if he ends up growing into the franchise QB that he could possibly become, who knows though, only been 3 games.

PS: I love having Peyton Manning AND Dallas clark on my fantasy team. 2 TD connections 2 weeks in a row and they both had huge games = money.

lol the bandwagon thing was a joke that's why i had a "lol" at the end of the sentence in the beginning of the conversation. lol I was just comparing them to the how the bills started last year. Personally i dunno why but i just dont see the Jets making it for whatever reason. Good defense but i cant overlook the Pats.

Although i do hate farve, the reason i dont want to praise him so much is because at this point last season the Jets looked great with him, than at midpoint it felt like he stopped caring and let the Jets slip of their run and miss the playoffs.

Side note, i wanna know if anyone agrees with Jim Mora (seahawks coach) in throwing his field goal kicker under the bus in front of the media. Personally i think it's a bit low, its not completely the kickers fault they lost, they're missing many key players and the kicker was not the only one with mistakes that day.

I think he should have went with the Mike Tomlin's route after reed missed the 2 game winners against the the bears and just put the blame on the team even if he personally did not feel that way. (not saying mike did or did not but mora certainly did.)

I still think favre should have retired with the pack, his glory years are definitely behind him but he's still a good QB now. His accuracy definitely isn't the same, he was even on TD's and picks last season if i recall by the end of it. But I guess he wanted to make some bucks and play another 3 years lol.

Jim Mora was out of line, but I guess he was just really hot from the game still. Its easy to just say, "Oh he's just a kicker, he should be on auto-pilot." I always feel bad for kickers, people assume most kicks to be automatic. They probably deal with the most pressure of any position in a tight game.

On the note of kickers: Does anyone think the whole Icing the kicker strategy needs to be changed? Its pretty common i guess, I was watching the giants game prolly 2 weeks ago when they tried it and failed but its just stupid imo. I feel like the opponents shouldn't be able to call a timeout within ~2 seconds of the playclock or something along those lines.

(waiting till last second to call the timeout, ball snaps and kicker makes it but the timeout was just a second before so the play is re-done)

No, i think icing the kicker is pointless. I mean i guess i could see that there is a possibility that the kicker might miss the second one but its not likely. The risk of players getting injured is too high to keep the rule the way it is. Especially since these days the nfl is putting more and more rules to protect players.

I think icing could be effective on less experienced kickers, but the kickers that have been around for 40 years, I don't think it is as effective.. They use the same ploy in the NBA at the free throw line and I tell yeah, I might get a little nervous if they did it to me with the game on the line lol...

I like how i start a thing about niners and everyone just starts talkin about foot ball haha its the way of life!!!!!!!!

I just get so hyped up when football season arrives lol.. I usually go to 3 or 4 games a year and I watch any game that is on tv unless I am at a Raven's game of course..

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    I just get so hyped up when football season arrives lol.. I usually go to 3 or 4 games a year and I watch any game that is on tv unless I am at a Raven's game of course..
    Ravens r kicking ass this starting season

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast