Bisping vs TheCrippler tomorrow{UFC 89}

This is a discussion on Bisping vs TheCrippler tomorrow{UFC 89} within the Sports forums, part of the General Entertainment category; I think it should be a good slug-fest{hopefully}.. I like both Bisping and Leben so I don't really care who ...
Page: 1

Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar

I think it should be a good slug-fest{hopefully}.. I like both Bisping and Leben so I don't really care who wins just so long as it's a good fight.. Bisping will have his home country crowd at his side, but that can be good and bad sometimes.. I am cheering for Vera because for some reason I don't really like The Dean of Mean.. I think Vera at 205 is a good fit for him..

Predictions
    Bisping vs Leben= Someone gets KTFO{again hopefully}
    Vera vs Jardine= Vera win by KO

I just want a knockout for some reason lol

Dark_sith

heard it sucked big time

J

Lol jardine won by judges. So did Bisping.

Yea I wasn't impressed much.. I was hoping Bisping would stand and trade more, but he did the right thing.. He was just too quick for Leben and had better looking strikes.. Vera looked to be in the best shape he has ever been in, but he didn't look good against Jardine skill wise.. He just had to fight Jardine at a bad time, Jardine wins one, then loses one. It was his time to win after getting KTFO..

J

Lol, that night's fights were so gay. I didn't like any of them. Especially Jardine / Vera and Bisping / Leben. They just stood up and traded most of the time, which is boring as hell unless one gets knocked out.

Well I am sure that the next UFC ppv will produce a knockout, probably in the first round via Anderson Silva.. I am more looking forward to the Maynard fight and the Sherk fight because the only way Cote will win is if he gets one really lucky shot in.. He has as much chance of beating Silva as Tim Silvia did against Fedor lol... I dunno about the Koscheck fight, could be a boring lay on top of him fight unless Kos decides to stand with Alves..

Damn ufc events getting really bad lately, unintressting matchups they giving their UK posterboy an easy fight to regain fans in UK, i hope they start throw in the real fighters soon instead of the realityshow rejects... And stop use thoose childish nicknames i cant stand it, feels like im 5 again watching WWF ;D
    And no i cant fight better then them, but its alot of ppl that can!

Well I agree that in the fight between Bisping and Hamill seemed rigged to me to keep the UK fan base because Hamill clearly won by a mile, but they gave it to Bisping.. Leben was just too slow for him. There isn't too many great 185er's, but I don't think Bisping has a shot in hell of beating Silva for the title even tho I like him.. This Saturdays PPV isn't going to be that great imo, but I am still getting it lol.. The following PPV's should be good, Couture vs Lesner then the next PPV has Rampage vs The Ax Murderer, Forest vs Raashad and Nogueira vs Mir all on the same card.. I think the first card of 09' has Franklin vs Henderson headlining it..

Hopefully Affliction has their big fight in January, Fedor vs The Pit Bull....................

Only fight im looking forward to is Quinton vs Wanderlei for the 3rd time hopefully it ends like the other 2 Lesnar vs Randy is just a freakmatchup i think nog vs randy should have happend before since Randy is still HW champ and Nog is Interim HW champ... Its just UFC's way of getting ppl to buy ppv, sure its a buisness and so but dana white allways say he like the sport but hes a hypocrit in doing that fight.

I think Rampage is a little better since the last two times The Ax Murderer destroyed him. I like Rampage and Wanderlei, but I am kinda leaning towards Silva on this one, how can you not like Wanderlei, class act and one of the greatest of all time in my opinion..
    The Lesnar Couture fight intrigues me for some reason, I think people are underestimating Brock and Randy both, so who knows. I would like to see Forest beat Raashad because to me it seems Evans has an annoying cockiness to him..

I think Dana makes match-ups based on what he wants to see sometimes lol.. I still would have preferred Randy vs Fedor and the winner taking on Nog even though Fedor beat Nog twice already, but I doubt we will ever see the greatest heavyweight in an UFC octagon..

Dark_sith

Damn ufc events getting really bad lately, unintressting matchups they giving their UK posterboy an easy fight to regain fans in UK, i hope they start throw in the real fighters soon instead of the realityshow rejects... And stop use thoose childish nicknames i cant stand it, feels like im 5 again watching WWF ;D
    And no i cant fight better then them, but its alot of ppl that can![/b]
    It's a free fight, it's not like they are going to have a title match on a non-pay per view event.....I want to see Forest fight, he's become one of my favorites, but I'm pumped up for couture vs lesnar I WANT to see couture win it just because he's a legend also Wanderlei is cool I've seen those pride fights with Rampage, but I think ever since Rampage has come to the UFC he looked better( The forrest griffin match for the title was kind of lacking his usual self probably becuase those leg kicks fucked him up :lol: ) I think Rampage will take out Wanderlei

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

i enjoyed the fight leben did exactly what he said he wanted to do, give the people a good show...i thoroughly enjoyed the end of every round where leben would taunt bisping

though like it was said throughout the entire fight...leben is just way too predictable...his right hand doesnt do diddly squat the whole fight so all bisping had to do was cover his right(leben's left) side and theres no way leben would win, which is exactly what bispind did he kept his right arm up and blocked majority of leben's hits and the rest he just dodged

Tonight's PPV ended horribly to say the least lol, but there was some good fights like the Sherk Griffin fight..

J

Tonight's PPV ended horribly to say the least lol, but there was some good fights like the Sherk Griffin fight..[/b]
    Recap please. I didn't watch it.

Well it actually went to the third round in the Silva Cote fight, but it seemed to me like Silva wasn't fighting hard, maybe taking it easier on his opponent and not just destroying him the first round, but the third round Cote fooked up his knee and the fight had to be stopped since Cote couldn't continue..

Alves and Koscheck was a decent fight, but Alves couldn't be taken down and his stand up was better, so he got the decision..

Maynard and Clementi was kind of boring, but I like Maynard and in the end Maynard out wrestled him and pulled out the decision..

Junior Dos Santos KTFO Werdum with a hella nice uppercut in the first round..

Sherk beat Griffin in what was my opinion the best fight of the card.. They stood toe to toe and threw bombs and Sherk pulled out the decision..

There was also some decent under-card fights between Leites and McFedries , Fisher and Gugerty, Franca and Aurelio, also Burkman Vs. Sell, but I am sure you guys are more worried about the other fights lol..