Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hatton fight...

This is a discussion on Hatton fight... within the Sports forums, part of the General Entertainment category; I love Hatton, think he's a good boxer, but he didn't look too impressive in the fight..I believe if he ...
Page: 1

Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar

I love Hatton, think he's a good boxer, but he didn't look too impressive in the fight..I believe if he would have fought Floyd again, it would have been an ever bigger destruction then the first fight.... Also, that was one of the worst refereeing jobs I have ever seen in the tenth round, absolutely ridiculous lol... Hatton was hurt bad and it almost seemed like the ref purposely saved Hatton... Much love to Hatton for the win tho, I was cheering for him....

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

This fight is about building hatton back up.

I lvoe to see Mayweather actually come over here and defend his crown if he is sooo good. American fighters get it far too easy making all their oionets coem to them.

Give Hatton a few more fights to settle him down and I am sure he will looks as good as he did before he foguh Mayweather last year

The rematch could happen if Floyd gets past the Golden Boy and if Hatton beats Malignaggi.. I'm 90% sure that if there is a rematch it would be in England.. I just don't see how Ricky Hatton could beat Floyd Mayweather... Hatton does have a punchers chance though because anything can happen in boxing... I hope Hatton gets back on track though, a first loss is devastating especially the kind of loss he suffered to Pretty Boy...

Mayweather never travels which is such a massive boost to him. He is a good boxer , Hatton is a fighter. I fear Mayweather will retire before a rematch happens.

hatton was winning the fight against mayweather first few rounds, and then he just stopped boxing and let mayweather hit him. I didnt really understand it. If he plays his normal game and mayweather goes to england then hatton should win. Mayweather shouldnt normally be able to KO hatton (his KO record sucks), which is the only way hes gonna win if hatton fights to potential.

I agree, Hatton didn't fight his fight, but that is what Floyd does.. He did the same thing to Oscar, after a few rounds, Oscar just stopped jabbing and was completely out of his element... The fight I want to see though is Floyd vs Cotto, that will be Mayweather's ultimate test.. That is if Cotto makes it past Antonio Margarito.. I think Hatton will get his game back though and I hope he does because he is an extremely fun fighter to watch and he seems like a really good guy...

P.S.
    If the fight between Hatton and Malignaggi takes place, I hope Hatton destroys Malignaggi, hate him for some reason....

Unr4ted

Cotto Vs MayWeather, Cotto Vs Dela Hoya, Tito Vs Dela Hoya

these are the fights im dieying to see again although id love to see cotto vs mayweather by the end of this fall or somewhere close.

Pretty sure the Golden Boy vs Pretty Boy fight is going to happen... Hatton will probably fight Malignaggi if Malignaggi's hand heals in time.. He broke it fighting on the Hatton card, again... Cotto is going to have his toughest fight to date with Margarito, I think he could lose even though I'm pulling for him... There's a few fights I'm looking forward too though...

Berto vs Rodriguez- Berto reminds me of a smaller Tyson....

Diaz vs Pacquiao- Not many fighters more exciting then Manny

Klitschko vs Thompson- The Steel Hammer is my fav fighter atm..

Pavlik vs Lockett- Pavlik showed vs Taylor that he is no joke, twice...

De Leon vs Lopez- I still think De Leon could be a top fighter...

Also can't wait to see who Joe Calzaghe's next opponent is, he is one bad ass mofo from Wales.. Pound for pound, one of the best in the business, if not the best imo.. I heard it might be Jones Jr.. I would love to have seen these two fight when Roy was in his prime..

Pretty sure the Golden Boy vs Pretty Boy fight is going to happen... Hatton will probably fight Malignaggi if Malignaggi's hand heals in time.. He broke it fighting on the Hatton card, again... Cotto is going to have his toughest fight to date with Margarito, I think he could lose even though I'm pulling for him... There's a few fights I'm looking forward too though...

Berto vs Rodriguez- Berto reminds me of a smaller Tyson....

Diaz vs Pacquiao- Not many fighters more exciting then Manny

Klitschko vs Thompson- The Steel Hammer is my fav fighter atm..

Pavlik vs Lockett- Pavlik showed vs Taylor that he is no joke, twice...

De Leon vs Lopez- I still think De Leon could be a top fighter...

Also can't wait to see who Joe Calzaghe's next opponent is, he is one bad ass mofo from Wales.. Pound for pound, one of the best in the business, if not the best imo.. I heard it might be Jones Jr.. I would love to have seen these two fight when Roy was in his prime..[/b]
    Calzaghe should have tried to fight in the harder devision rather than the one he holds.

Calzaghe should have tried to fight in the harder devision rather than the one he holds.[/b]
    What was his last fight??

He fought the ageless wonder Bernard Hopkins and got the decision victory.. That was after B Hop said "I will never let a white boy beat me" lol... <3 B Hop though...

It was I believe Calzaghe&#39;s first fight in the US and he did extremely well... By the end of the night he got the respect from a lot of the US fans and now they know he is no joke.. I knew he was no joke after his performance against Lacy and Kessler though..

I agree with you though Felix, this division is full of aging superstars like Jones and Hopkins.. I would love to see him change divisions and see what he can do... He hangs around Super middleweight and Light heavyweight and imo the real fighters today are south of super middleweight.. Not a whole lot of competition in those divisions.. My favorite division has always been the heavyweights like the Klitschko brothers or Lewis, but it seems now the smaller guys are generating all the excitement..

hatton was winning the fight against mayweather first few rounds, and then he just stopped boxing and let mayweather hit him. I didnt really understand it. If he plays his normal game and mayweather goes to england then hatton should win. Mayweather shouldnt normally be able to KO hatton (his KO record sucks), which is the only way hes gonna win if hatton fights to potential.[/b]
    hatton is a fighter
    maywheather is a boxer

if the refs dont cheat and hatton doesnt go crazy, hatton will win. hatton was to agreesive and left his guard down way too much.

hatton is a fighter
    maywheather is a boxer

if the refs dont cheat and hatton doesnt go crazy, hatton will win. hatton was to agreesive and left his guard down way too much.[/b]
    The problem is that Hatton will probably fight the same way.. He&#39;s a brawler first, boxer second, which makes him extremely fun to watch.. When you fight Floyd you need to out box him some how while also brawl some, hard to do.... Floyd makes you miss and look bad and eventually pisses you off to the point that you try to knock his head off or forget to jab.. If Floyd and Hatton wins their respective fights, I hope they have their rematch...

The problem is that Hatton will probably fight the same way.. He&#39;s a brawler first, boxer second, which makes him extremely fun to watch.. When you fight Floyd you need to out box him some how while also brawl some, hard to do.... Floyd makes you miss and look bad and eventually pisses you off to the point that you try to knock his head off or forget to jab.. If Floyd and Hatton wins their respective fights, I hope they have their rematch...[/b]
    i kinda wanted to say tht bbut cudntthinkhow to, or cudnt be arsed ;P

yeah hatton is awesome to watch but i wudnt be suprised if floyd dont fight him agen.

I agree, Hatton didn&#39;t fight his fight, but that is what Floyd does.. He did the same thing to Oscar, after a few rounds, Oscar just stopped jabbing and was completely out of his element... The fight I want to see though is Floyd vs Cotto, that will be Mayweather&#39;s ultimate test.. That is if Cotto makes it past Antonio Margarito.. I think Hatton will get his game back though and I hope he does because he is an extremely fun fighter to watch and he seems like a really good guy...
    P.S.
    If the fight between Hatton and Malignaggi takes place, I hope Hatton destroys Malignaggi, hate him for some reason....[/b]
    de la hoya vs mayweather was a close fight, de la hoya vs hatton, hatton won easily. I dont think hatton was anywhere near potential in the mayweather fight which is why he wants a rematch. If that was the best he could do i think he wouldve retired afterwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast