Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hey America

This is a discussion on Hey America within the Sports forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Originally Posted by T_rey Sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to someone who was as ignorant as you. Its ...
Page: 3

Quote Originally Posted by T_rey View Post
    Sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to someone who was as ignorant as you. Its kinda ironic how you say don't compare the people, then you say the people that play football are sissies in the same sentence? Yet I just did all the comparisons, and football players come out on top in every category... But it's still just a bunch of sissies playing it... Sissies who are better athletes than any that play rugby...
    americans gonna hate

lets see, both sports got the same almost the same game play but
    americans wear pads and protections cuz they get hit
    and
    rugby player dont wear protection even tho they get hit

tada

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    lol no, ur the guy that likes to argue becuz you think your smarter than everyone and NO one else's opinion is allowed or can sway you. This is why you hate america, cuz ur a communist. you say your the guy thats somewhat an expert but you have no idea what i do or any of the other guys arguing football do. LOL

dude i play tackle football with my friends outside every sunday....no pads. There isnt any different in wearing pads or not...its the size and the speed of the game. Wearing pads, thats the total basis of your arguement.. Just becuz they wear pads... doesnt make them any less of a man then rugby players.

its pure science... if u stand on a building holding a golf ball(rugby player) and a bowling ball(NFL player) and drop them..... which one is going to give the biggest impact upon hitting the ground? Thats not even factoring in the speed for which they are traveling... thats just size. You can argue stats, you can argue pads or no pads, you cannot argue science. go ask your professor.

i'll wait for your reply, gladly ^^
    Talk about science. The acceleration is the same on both the golf ball and the bowling ball, both falling on the ground at the same time (same speed), it`s just that one makes a greater impact then the other, but even so an impact on armor is much less then an impact on bare skin (hello, human body expert here... I wouldn`t be telling you this if I didn`t study/know the vulnerabilities of the body). I mean by now you should be seeing where I`m getting at, if not then I really don`t know how to explain it better, I guess my English skills are limited as I am an immigrant... but you can always feel to drop in a lecture and the prof explains it clearly.

So even though you have hands on experience,... I mean I have it too, but with what you are saying, you have somewhat more experience then me in football, I actually have the educational reasonings behind my arguements, the stuff that they actually teach you about, the theory behind all this... so when you really compare the two, the personal experience is one of the million, but the theory is the million. Can`t argue with theories, thus can`t argue with science,... I totally agree.

You guys are so dumb fo' real.
    Everyone one knows that the best sport is...
    Ping Pong (Table Tennis)
    Obviously, only the most hardcore people play ping pong.
    Only faggles play rugby/soccer/futbol/football.

Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar

I still like the pads argument lol!!Let me tell you if they didn't wear pads in the NFL there would be several deaths a year... This is a hit Boldin recieved a few years ago, now let me ask what would have happened if he didn't have a helmet on? Let me remind you he needed Seven plates and forty screws and that was with a helmet on.. It wasn't even that devastating of a hit. Also Boldin is 6'1, around 220, so he isn't a little guy..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz9eZM_FcoQ"]YouTube - Anquan Boldin Knocked Out By Eric Smith Cardinals vs. Jets[/ame]

I don't think rugby is a pussy sport at all, but their athletes are nothing compared to the savages in the NFL.. I am Ravens fan and have seen Ray Lewis up close and he's a beast, but he is also considered a small linebacker and that says something lol.. In my opinion besides MMA, the NFL is the toughest popular sport in the world, but that's just my opinion..

unbeatable is missing my point, ive clearly got his point.... its all about the pads. lol I dont give a shit if u wearing pads or not.....getting hit by a 6ft 5in 330 pound monster at full speed leading with his helmet is gonna kill you with out pads on.... paralyse you with pads on..... dont need to be a body expert on that. That being said, you dont have to worry about that in Rugby becuz the men arent that big..so the pads arguement doesnt even matter. Its a worthless arguement. I didnt even mention that the golf ball/bowling ball speed when dropped, becuz everyone knows that answer. I was just giving example of the point of impact becuz of the SIZE and you clearly agree with it Unbeatable.

the Boldin hit is vicious yet clearly not one of the most devasting hits in the game. The poor guy was left vulnerable going across the middle while the safety was ball hawking him... This happens every game easily.

also I'd throw Hockey in there as one of the toughest sports... just for the pure fact they are allowed to take the gloves off and do it on skates!

dunno about u girls..... but as children even to now... most normal everyday jocks who play Football outback in the yard or the park......play without pads. I play every sunday with my brothers, its full on tackle and not a one of us has a helmet/jockstrap or pads on.

Last time I played some boys collar bone was poking out of his skin, it was a brutal shot and well, it was pass interference to be honest lol.. I wasn't the one that hit him, but I did see it coming lol..

morehouse420

let put soccer players in the game of football see how sissy our football players are. soccer is for girls

lol loved the hand-egg

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by T_rey View Post
    Ahaha thats great

Niggas please.

The only reason Americian footballer players average heavier then Rugby players is because most of them are fat-asses like the rest of your country, only having to play like 30 seconds before the 5 minute commercial break.

Rugby players play continuously for 80 minutes, 80 fucking minutes. Football ( the real football ) players are meant to be the top dog for stamina and fitness and they only player for 90. Rugby players have to be athletes, as well as being fucking good at their sport.

Look at any good rugby team and most of their players will average between 240-280 lbs. That's their weight without their armor by the way, oh wait, they don't wear armor.

This a picture of a man.

But seriously, how is playing for 30 seconds and resting for more then double that, with armor, not pussy compared to this sport? I read somewhere that theres a few positions in Americian Football where they will run more when play is off, switching positions and shit then in the actual game, lol.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uh_aWqm2I0"]YouTube - ‪Sebastien Chabal vs All Black (Amon Amarth)‬‏[/ame]

Rugby athletes will never be near the level of the NFL athletes because the NFL has too many black athletes. I am talking about that real black, not that European black lol.. I mean Patrick Willis, a linebacker ran a 4.37 at 6'1 240, insane..

Both are brutal sports, fun to watch, but I still say NFL athletes are way bigger, stronger and faster than rugby players. Just look at the 40 times, NFL linebackers run the 40 quicker than most rugby players while out weighing them..

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Rugby athletes will never be near the level of the NFL athletes because the NFL has too many black athletes. I am talking about that real black, not that European black lol.. I mean Patrick Willis, a linebacker ran a 4.37 at 6'1 240, insane..

Both are brutal sports, fun to watch, but I still say NFL athletes are way bigger, stronger and faster than rugby players. Just look at the 40 times, NFL linebackers run the 40 quicker than most rugby players while out weighing them..
    lol +1, i dont see how people can even argue this FACT, and yes it is a fact lol

Oldschool wanabe Senior Member gramps's Avatar

NFL > any other sport. I love me some Urlacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy™ View Post
    lol +1, i dont see how people can even argue this FACT, and yes it is a fact lol
    Bigger? Maybe. ( Heavier, that's for sure )
    Stronger? Debatable
    Faster? Most likely, I'm guessing a linebacker is a position where speed is a necessity, unlike in Rugby where speed is not needed too much.

Better athletes? Suck a dick. The average rugby player will be fitter, healthier, have better stamina and could out last 95% of American football players. They're running around, vigorously tackling and shit for 80 minutes, with only a break in the middle and for penalties.

Put an average NFL player in a rugby match with them knowing the rules and shit, they'll last 20 minutes and just be out of the game.

Put an average rugby player in an NFL game when they know the rules, they'll easily last the game and probably but in a decent shift.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast