Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Michael Phelps

This is a discussion on Michael Phelps within the Sports forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Hats off to the guy , he winning gold in so many different swimming events. For me Lewis was a ...
Page: 3

Banned Senior Member

Hats off to the guy , he winning gold in so many different swimming events. For me Lewis was a better Olympian because he did his golds over a larger number of Olypmic games. Being on top for over 12 years which is amazing.

I doubt Phelps will go on for much longer after this as he will be getting too old.[/b]
    Well, when you think about it, it isn't all that bad. He's only 23 ( he was 19 at his first olympics back in 04 ) and won 6 gold medals then, and 2 bronzes, and 4 years later he's at another 5 with 3 more events to go. Pretty much every time he does the event, he breaks his record on it.

He has 30 world records and 38 national titles

Lewis has 9 gold medals over 3 olympics, so basically Phelps has 1 more olympic to get some gold medals ( wont be a problems since he will be 27 )

That guy is a fish ><

alldamdayboy

what would be cool if tehy had a squirrel water ski behind him with a USA cape same time he breaks all these world records and wins all these gold medals and give the squirrel gold medals too so it can be greaterst Olympian squirrel ever[/b]
    o....k..[/b]
    <div align="center"></div>

alldamdayboy

going for 2 more tonight :blink:

"Phelps has to keep his intake up in order to compensate for all the calories he burns during the 30-hours per week he spends in training. He told NBC that an average day might have the following menu:

Breakfast: 3 fried egg sandwiches, 2 cups coffee, 5-egg omlette, bowl of grits, 3 pieces of french toast, 3 chocolate chip pancakes

Lunch: 1 pound pasta, 2 ham and cheese sandwiches, energy drink (1,000 calorie)

Dinner: 1 pound pasta, 1 large pizza, energy drink (1,000 calorie)

Three years ago, Phelps told an interviewer:

I eat pretty much whatever I want. I don&#39;t have a strict diet. It&#39;s all about cramming in as many calories into my system as I possibly can. To be honest with you, I have a tough time keeping weight on."

got this from yahoo, the breakfast part already mentioned before
    insane though

J

Damn, I wish I can eat that much and still look as good as he does :X

Makeitrain

that guy is the swimming god

Banned

Yeah, he&#39;s definitely one of the best Olympians of all time.

But have you heard about what he eats for breakfast?

1. Three sandwiches of fried eggs, cheese, lettuce, tomato, fried onions, and mayonnaise
    2. One omelet
    3. A bowl of grits
    4. Three slices of French toast with powdered sugar
    5. Three chocolate chip pancakes

Apparently, he consumes 8,000 - 10,000 calories per day.

[/b]

Hahahaha I heard that on radio this morning I wass like WOW Hahaaaa :lol:

J

Honestly, I think he&#39;s going to lose one. I don&#39;t know why, I just have a feeling.

Honestly, I think he&#39;s going to lose one. I don&#39;t know why, I just have a feeling.[/b]
    yeah if he doesnt lose the the 2 he has tonight then he isnt going to lose any of them

Phelps is a beast im not a big fan of watching the swimming
    but it is a joy watching him swim and win these gold medals and also breaking the world record in the events

alldamdayboy

http://www.nbcolympics.com/swimming/result...2100/index.html

going for 2 more tonight :blink:[/b]
    yeah if he doesnt lose the the 2 he has tonight then he isnt going to lose any of them

Phelps is a beast im not a big fan of watching the swimming
    but it is a joy watching him swim and win these gold medals and also breaking the world record in the events[/b]
    he only swam for 1 medal and a semi tonight
    next final is 100m butterfly saturday then 4x100m medley sunday

Studdmiffin

Hats off to the guy , he winning gold in so many different swimming events. For me Lewis was a better Olympian because he did his golds over a larger number of Olypmic games. Being on top for over 12 years which is amazing.

I doubt Phelps will go on for much longer after this as he will be getting too old.[/b]
    Phelps, will be in these swims for much time to come, yes he will be getting slower, in 2012 he&#39;ll still be at the top imo, in 2016 he still in golds but not all gold and not record breakers, and i think he&#39;ll be a contender in 2020 and 2024 aswell, yeah he&#39;ll be 39 by there is a woman swimming faster now at 41 then she was at 21.

At all just comes down to how well hes physically made for swimming, he has the legs of a 6&#39; man and a torso of a 6&#39;8" man, almost perfect for swimming, braud shoulders, and small waist, again perfect for swimming, and and like 6"8"-7&#39; wing span, this guys just basically made to swim, and swim alot faster then everyone else, in order to beat him they need more powerful legs for the turns, like a 7&#39;3" wing span with alot of arm power to go with it and you have another perfect swimmer.

Damn, I wish I can eat that much and still look as good as he does :X[/b]
    Swim everyday for 6 or more hours.

i have my doubts about him winning 2moro... its the 100 or 200 meter fly?

forgot... but he didnt seem as poweful and dominating as he was in the other races hopefully it was just a bad performance earlier today

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Well, when you think about it, it isn&#39;t all that bad. He&#39;s only 23 ( he was 19 at his first olympics back in 04 ) and won 6 gold medals then, and 2 bronzes, and 4 years later he&#39;s at another 5 with 3 more events to go. Pretty much every time he does the event, he breaks his record on it.

He has 30 world records and 38 national titles

Lewis has 9 gold medals over 3 olympics, so basically Phelps has 1 more olympic to get some gold medals ( wont be a problems since he will be 27 )

That guy is a fish ><[/b]
    Lewis was also 40 when he got his final gold.

For most Brits our hero is Sir Steve Redgrave, olympic champion 5 times ( 5 different Olympics ) in Rowing.

I just wish that Phelps and Ian thrope were both at the top of their games at the same time. Would be some amazaing battles to watch. I think they only ever went head to head in 04 in the 200m Free style.

Regardless credit to the kid, pure devotion and raw natural talent. Also if it can stop China being top of the medal tables this time I would PML.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/swimming/result...2100/index.html
    he only swam for 1 medal and a semi tonight
    next final is 100m butterfly saturday then 4x100m medley sunday[/b]
    yeah i misheard that he was going for 2 last night...
    but again that one was a good one that he won....now for tonight and tomrorow night

he&#39;s got this in the bag

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast