World Championship Snooker

This is a discussion on World Championship Snooker within the Sports forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Anyone following it? Yesterday was a day full of surpises in the Crucible in Sheffield. John Higgens, winner of last ...
Page: 1

Anyone following it?

Yesterday was a day full of surpises in the Crucible in Sheffield. John Higgens, winner of last year, lost against Ryan Day
    Also Shaun Murphy, winner of 2005, lost against Ali Carter, with 13-4. Ali Carter never played so good before and might be an underdog for the title.

Favourites for the title are now Hendry, Ronny 'rocket' o sullivan and Steven Macquire.

I'm for sure one big fan of ronny o'sullivan.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Hedrey does not have the edge any more this year to cope with the final like he did back in the 90's.

Depends on Ronnie attitude. When he is on fire noone in the wold will ever stop him but his demonds will prolly surface during the quarter finals or semis and he will blow it.

Ones things get into the 3rd/4th rounds it easier to see who got the magical Crusiabl form and will walk away with the "Embassy" title

Ali Carter is a darkhorse. I fancy ronnie to win it, i don't think that maguire or hendry would beat ronnie on current form.

Ali Carter is a darkhorse. I fancy ronnie to win it, i don't think that maguire or hendry would beat ronnie on current form.[/b]
    Well, ronnie his longpotting is quite low but once hes in the table, 9/10 times he wins the frame. Now he still can manage to survive the rounds, but if his longpottong wont get better, I dont see him winning it.

Anyways his 147 was freaking awesome. I go snooker once in awhile, so I know how fukkin hard positionating the white ball is

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

He's just thumped Hendry to get into the final. Great to see him use both hands again. I remember when Tony Drago of Malta got all upset when Ronnie was playign both right and then left handed.