Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

NBA FINALS : Los Angeles Lakers Vs Orlando Magic

This is a discussion on NBA FINALS : Los Angeles Lakers Vs Orlando Magic within the Sports forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Talk about the 2009 NBA finals here! LA lakers in 6...
Page: 1

simple182

Talk about the 2009 NBA finals here!

LA lakers in 6

abdeucethree

agree, Lakers in 6

+1

lakas in 6

Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar

I am going with Magic in 6, I think they match up well with the Lakers even though the Lakers have a lot of bodies to throw at Howard.. That and the fact I don't like the Lakers, it keeps me from picking them to win lol.. I want the Magic to beat the Lakers down like Jordan did in the 90-91 finals. Damn that was one of the greatest finals performances/seasons by one player that I have ever had the privilege to watch.. Took the Bulls 5 games to win though I think!! h34r: Sorry to reminisce, miss the good ole days lol. All in all I hope it is at least a hard fought close series all the way.. I want the Lakers to lose, but I would be thrilled even if they won, so long as it was a great series..

simple182

I am going with Magic in 6, I think they match up well with the Lakers even though the Lakers have a lot of bodies to throw at Howard.. That and the fact I don't like the Lakers, it keeps me from picking them to win lol.. I want the Magic to beat the Lakers down like Jordan did in the 90-91 finals. Damn that was one of the greatest finals performances/seasons by one player that I have ever had the privilege to watch.. Took the Bulls 5 games to win though I think!! h34r: Sorry to reminisce, miss the good ole days lol. All in all I hope it is at least a hard fought close series all the way.. I want the Lakers to lose, but I would be thrilled even if they won, so long as it was a great series..[/b]
    Yeah, im not gonna lie, They do match up pretty well with Lakers. They are a pretty tall team and they will stretch out the defense soo much with that rashard-Turkoglu-Pietris 3 pointer combo. Very long players with very great shooting. laker still have size advantage but one thing that could make things easier for lakers is, Orlando has no back court. In the playoffs, the backcourt was killing the lakers ( deron williams,Aaron Brooks-Battier,Billups-J.R. Smith). They have no back court defenders.
    I think the main thing for lakers winning this is the Bench. Orlando does not have a bench at all, but Lakers do, they really need to step up

Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar

Also the experience factor is totally one sided, the Lakers have been there done that in the finals, the Magic haven't.. Like I said the Magic beat the Lakers twice during the regular season, but the playoffs and especially the finals is a whole new level, so I don't think that factors in much, if at all.. I think the Magic will have a problem with Kobe, I don't see anyone particularly giving him problems except maybe Pietris, but the other bigs, I am not to confident in their ability to guard #24..

Can the Lakers solidify their dominance or can the Magic pull off the upset, going to be a good series, can't efen wait................

PS
    You underestimate the powers of Marcin Gortat coming off the bench h34r: !!!!

simple182

Also the experience factor is totally one sided, the Lakers have been there done that in the finals, the Magic haven't.. Like I said the Magic beat the Lakers twice during the regular season, but the playoffs and especially the finals is a whole new level, so I don't think that factors in much, if at all.. I think the Magic will have a problem with Kobe, I don't see anyone particularly giving him problems except maybe Pietris, but the other bigs, I am not to confident in their ability to guard #24..

Can the Lakers solidify their dominance or can the Magic pull off the upset, going to be a good series, can't efen wait................
    PS
    You underestimate the powers of Marcin Gortat coming off the bench h34r: !!!![/b]

Oh forgot one major thing. Magics didnt have Jameer Nelson. if nelson was here, that would BE A HUGE CHALLENGE for the Lakers. Jameer average like 27 ppg against the lakers.. He was actually the one that really won the game for magics vs lakers during teh reg. season.

and yeah Gortat is pretty good but dunno if he can consistently go against odom or Bynum or Pau all night XD

abdeucethree

if anything the lakers match up well with the magic lol
    they are the only team who has a solid matchup with rashard lewis [odom]
    if anything the magic will have a tough time matching up with gasol, expecially if bynum and pau are on the floor together.

and yeah, like mental said, the magic dont have nelson this time, the one player who really killed the lakers during the season

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Magic in 7!!!

Magic in 6, hoping Pietriss has another great series. Wonder if Stan Van Gundy will play both Howard and Gortat when Phil has Pao and bynum.

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

Lakers in 6 or 7

Lakers in 5 or 6

magic in 6

Black Walling Senior Member ReKon's Avatar

Lakers 5-6

Banned

Lakers Game 6

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast