Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Real Madrid for next season?

This is a discussion on Real Madrid for next season? within the Sports forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Money doesnt buy titles. Every great team has had a fair amount of players who have been in that same ...
Page: 2

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Money doesnt buy titles. Every great team has had a fair amount of players who have been in that same team for years. Even the last winner Real Madrid had a bunch of them (Casillas, Hierro, Slagado, Helguera, Raul, etc). We will see how well this new Real Madrid does, i am 100% sure they will win something. But i dont think they will be as good as last years Barcelona.

We will have to wait and see but after that last 6-2 and with the final of the champions league being plaid at Santiago Bernabeu this upcoming seaon will be amazing. Being a Barcelona fan myself, i dont expect them to win everything again but i hope they can proove that you cant buy team work and dedication, those are things that you need in order to win big and they are also things that you gain with time and friendship between your players, coaching staff, fans, etc.[/b]
    As a life long Man U fan I have so much respect towards Barcalona and you deserved to win the final as we played a pathetic game which was an embarrissment.

I still think the orginal Galaticios with Zedaine was by far a better bunch of players.

I just dream of the day my other team Juventus are good again!

As a life long Man U fan I have so much respect towards Barcalona and you deserved to win the final as we played a pathetic game which was an embarrissment.

I still think the orginal Galaticios with Zedaine was by far a better bunch of players.

I just dream of the day my other team Juventus are good again![/b]
    Well Man U had won the year before and their team was playing worse than what they had been playing when they won. On the otherside Barsa was playing their best in decades.

Juve will rise again for sure, giovinco is crazy good and they have proven to be a team with both faithfull fans and players (who staid even when the team was on serie B)

This years champions league will be amazing, i hope barsa wins it again but the chances of that happening are very slim as it has been a really long time since a team has won 2 in a row. My money would be in some unexpected team to win this year, it has been some time since the last real upset (i think last one was when greece won the eurocup agains portugal in portugal).

CL winners next season will be chelsea, as much as I hate to say it

CL winners next season will be chelsea, as much as I hate to say it[/b]
    Why do you think so ?

Everything tells me they wont get one, not with this team. The better years of the core of this Chealsea team has passed. Lampard, Drogba, Ashley Cole, Ballack, Joe Cole, you name it pretty much all the players of that team are not getting any better. Im not saying they are bad, because they are not, they are amongst the best players in the world in their positions but they are not playing the best football of their carreers.

So what would make you think that now that they are weaker than in past years they will win ?

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

£10 City don't even finish in the top 4 this season either!

Why do you think so ?

Everything tells me they wont get one, not with this team. The better years of the core of this Chealsea team has passed. Lampard, Drogba, Ashley Cole, Ballack, Joe Cole, you name it pretty much all the players of that team are not getting any better. Im not saying they are bad, because they are not, they are amongst the best players in the world in their positions but they are not playing the best football of their carreers.

So what would make you think that now that they are weaker than in past years they will win ?[/b]
    Because they should of been in the final this year, like they were in it in 2008.

Not really. Lampard, Drogba and Ashley Cole all had their best ever season this year, depending on how they take Anclettoi they could get even better not deteriorate when there not even very old, 31, 31 and 28. That's another factor, Ancleotti is a very experienced manager for the Champions League, winning it twice and being a runner up in only a few years. Joe Cole? He was injured for the whole of Chelsea's CL run, he is one of their best players and plays a big part in their team so with him back they have more threat in-front of goal. Not only that there is a transfer window upon us, and they are the second richest EPL team, with targets like Aguero, Villa, Zhirkov, etc, they could add vital players to their sqaud.

No other team, cept for Barcelona stand that much of a chance, maybe United.

United? Doubt it, if their current sqaud situation doesn't get sorted they won't get to final this year.
    Liverpool? We just seem to be unlucky in CL and get worst and worst every year.
    Fail Madrid? Lul, 5-0. They'll flop even with CR and Kaka, like they always do.
    Arsenal? Yeah. . . 15 year olds know a lot about European football..
    Inter? Maybe, but they never seem to be a threat any more.
    etc

i'll take that bet with you felix, I see either Tottenham or City breaking top 4, arsenal don't have what it takes to get it this season...

Because they should of been in the final this year, like they were in it in 2008.

Not really. Lampard, Drogba and Ashley Cole all had their best ever season this year, depending on how they take Anclettoi they could get even better not deteriorate when there not even very old, 31, 31 and 28. That's another factor, Ancleotti is a very experienced manager for the Champions League, winning it twice and being a runner up in only a few years. Joe Cole? He was injured for the whole of Chelsea's CL run, he is one of their best players and plays a big part in their team so with him back they have more threat in-front of goal. Not only that there is a transfer window upon us, and they are the second richest EPL team, with targets like Aguero, Villa, Zhirkov, etc, they could add vital players to their sqaud.

No other team, cept for Barcelona stand that much of a chance, maybe United.

United? Doubt it, if their current sqaud situation doesn't get sorted they won't get to final this year.
    Liverpool? We just seem to be unlucky in CL and get worst and worst every year.
    Fail Madrid? Lul, 5-0. They'll flop even with CR and Kaka, like they always do.
    Arsenal? Yeah. . . 15 year olds know a lot about European football..
    Inter? Maybe, but they never seem to be a threat any more.
    etc

i'll take that bet with you felix, I see either Tottenham or City breaking top 4, arsenal don't have what it takes to get it this season...[/b]
    I stand on what i said, Chelsea wont win a CL not with this team, and what makes you think that those players had the best season of their careers ? I seriously doubt this but then again I didnt watch too much of the premier league this year but on past years i remember the chealsea teams doing a lot better.

They should have been on the finals ? Hmmm no they should not have. Barsa scored more goals, thats it. You know very well that, playing well gets you no where if you cant win. Chealsea as a team stopped barsa (i cant see how Ancelotti could have planned a better strategy) but in the end barsa was more, had more and wanted it more.

We can only wait and see what will happen, but right now if i had to take a guess id say Liverpool will have a better year than Chelsea.

I stand on what i said, Chelsea wont win a CL not with this team, and what makes you think that those players had the best season of their careers ? I seriously doubt this but then again I didnt watch too much of the premier league this year but on past years i remember the chealsea teams doing a lot better.

They should have been on the finals ? Hmmm no they should not have. Barsa scored more goals, thats it. You know very well that, playing well gets you no where if you cant win. Chealsea as a team stopped barsa (i cant see how Ancelotti could have planned a better strategy) but in the end barsa was more, had more and wanted it more.

We can only wait and see what will happen, but right now if i had to take a guess id say Liverpool will have a better year than Chelsea.[/b]
    If you didn't watch much Premier League it's a bit hard to say then.

Ashely Cole said to the press, he had his best ever season, it was shown, ask any Chelsea supporter, the guy was fantastic this season and made it into the seasons and worlds XI.
    Lampard - It may have not of been his best ever season, but he scored 20 goals, including an fa cup winner and got Chelsea's POY award.
    Drogba - Terrible start of the season, was injured and fell out with Scolari, second Hiddink took over the guy changed, A LOT, he was Chelsea's best player for the end of the season, and probably best CL player.

Did you even watch the semi-final? Barcelona scored more goals? It was 1-1 and they went through on aggregate. Remember all that media controversy about the referee, UEFA and Chelsea's behaviour? That wasn't just for fun, Chelsea should of had at least 2 CLEAR penalties and possibly a third, this isn't a decision that could of gone either way depending on the referee, THEY WERE PENALTIES, clear cut. They got robbed out of that game, that is all.

Why am I defending a club I hate... :/?

Yes, Liverpool probably well have a better year, with Gerrard on the best form of his life, Torres fully fit and players like Riera and Mascherano finally getting used to the EPL we have one of the strongest squads out there.

If you didn't watch much Premier League it's a bit hard to say then.

Ashely Cole said to the press, he had his best ever season, it was shown, ask any Chelsea supporter, the guy was fantastic this season and made it into the seasons and worlds XI.
    Lampard - It may have not of been his best ever season, but he scored 20 goals, including an fa cup winner and got Chelsea's POY award.
    Drogba - Terrible start of the season, was injured and fell out with Scolari, second Hiddink took over the guy changed, A LOT, he was Chelsea's best player for the end of the season, and probably best CL player.

Did you even watch the semi-final? Barcelona scored more goals? It was 1-1 and they went through on aggregate. Remember all that media controversy about the referee, UEFA and Chelsea's behaviour? That wasn't just for fun, Chelsea should of had at least 2 CLEAR penalties and possibly a third, this isn't a decision that could of gone either way depending on the referee, THEY WERE PENALTIES, clear cut. They got robbed out of that game, that is all.

Why am I defending a club I hate... :/?

Yes, Liverpool probably well have a better year, with Gerrard on the best form of his life, Torres fully fit and players like Riera and Mascherano finally getting used to the EPL we have one of the strongest squads out there.[/b]
    I was drunk when i posted that . Look at the time 5am.

I agree chelsea plaid better and they where the only team this past year that overplaid barsa but even with a better strategy it wasnt enough. My point was and is that this chelsea team has had their share of chances, and when the moment of truth comes they fall short.

If you asked me the best Chelsea was the one that beat Ronaldinhos barsa with that goal that Terry scored from a corner kick. Thay had it going on that season, they where the best team and the team to beat but they couldnt go all the way. They have gotten to the finals but the truth is MU where the better team that year.

I think and have though for a long time that Steven Gerrard is the best all around player of the world. No one in the world can do so much damage in so many different ways, sadly awards have a long ass history being awarded to players that do all their positive shit when they have the ball and it is rarely given to players like Gerrard who do so much with and without the ball on their feet.

I was drunk when i posted that . Look at the time 5am.

I agree chelsea plaid better and they where the only team this past year that overplaid barsa but even with a better strategy it wasnt enough. My point was and is that this chelsea team has had their share of chances, and when the moment of truth comes they fall short.

If you asked me the best Chelsea was the one that beat Ronaldinhos barsa with that goal that Terry scored from a corner kick. Thay had it going on that season, they where the best team and the team to beat but they couldnt go all the way. They have gotten to the finals but the truth is MU where the better team that year.

I think and have though for a long time that Steven Gerrard is the best all around player of the world. No one in the world can do so much damage in so many different ways, sadly awards have a long ass history being awarded to players that do all their positive shit when they have the ball and it is rarely given to players like Gerrard who do so much with and without the ball on their feet.[/b]
    They never really over-played Barcelona, they just managed to make Xavi and Iniesta literally invisible thus cutting off the supply to the front men, Chelsea played well defensive but attacking they were terrible. Doesn't change the fact they were cheated out of the game.

He probably is, there are only a few people like him that can really change a game as much as he can, bias or not he is probably the best midfielder in the world. He has everything. Don't worry, his awards will come next year when he leads us to our first Premier League Title.

They never really over-played Barcelona, they just managed to make Xavi and Iniesta literally invisible thus cutting off the supply to the front men, Chelsea played well defensive but attacking they were terrible. Doesn't change the fact they were cheated out of the game.

He probably is, there are only a few people like him that can really change a game as much as he can, bias or not he is probably the best midfielder in the world. He has everything. Don't worry, his awards will come next year when he leads us to our first Premier League Title. [/b]
    Maybe overplaying is the wrong word but they succesfully stopped barcelona for a good 180 minutes of playing like they had been playing all year long. And no other team could do that.

Xabi Alonso is staying right ? Did Liverpool buy any players on the market to reinforce their team ?

Maybe overplaying is the wrong word but they succesfully stopped barcelona for a good 180 minutes of playing like they had been playing all year long. And no other team could do that.

Xabi Alonso is staying right ? Did Liverpool buy any players on the market to reinforce their team ?[/b]
    Don't know yet. He hasn't officially come out and said he is staying at the club that is why there is so much speculation about him. Personally, I don't mind if he goes. We have Mascherano, probably the best DMF in the world, all though there are reports of Barcelona offering for him there has been no speculation of him going. The reported offer for Alonso is supposed to be around 30-35m for him and that would be brilliant, he is a great player but we don't need 2 DMF's, so with the money we could get what we really need, a new striker/CF.

At the moment our only big purchase is Glen Johnson, the right back, 17m for him. We've also gotten two youngsters, one of them we beat Barcelona to and has been described as the new Messi.

Don't know yet. He hasn't officially come out and said he is staying at the club that is why there is so much speculation about him. Personally, I don't mind if he goes. We have Mascherano, probably the best DMF in the world, all though there are reports of Barcelona offering for him there has been no speculation of him going. The reported offer for Alonso is supposed to be around 30-35m for him and that would be brilliant, he is a great player but we don't need 2 DMF's, so with the money we could get what we really need, a new striker/CF.

At the moment our only big purchase is Glen Johnson, the right back, 17m for him. We've also gotten two youngsters, one of them we beat Barcelona to and has been described as the new Messi. [/b]
    There can be no new messi, he is too young to be replaced.

I think you are right, id like to see some of the players upgraded, like Riera or Benayoun. Even though i know they bring a lot of positive things to the team i think those two could be easily upgraded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12