Who trains BJJ

This is a discussion on Who trains BJJ within the Sports forums, part of the General Entertainment category; If you train BJJ just list your academy. Just want to see if I can find some grappling brothers in ...
Page: 1

Default Who trains BJJ

If you train BJJ just list your academy. Just want to see if I can find some grappling brothers in this forum.

Guess I'll take my ass back to UGF

Hey cutie Senior Member

ive been doing bjj for a few months, just really got into it recently.
    But due to exams ive taken a break from training for 2 months or so now.

before Bjj i used to do shoto'kon karate for 9 years i competed a fair bit, took a break for 3 years when i moved countrys and all that shit, then i started up boxing for a few months, then moved onto kickboxing for 2 years, competed a little, didnt get to farr. But now i am so into bjj its ridicilous, i wish i had done jiu jitsu instead of all of that shit, cuz it is just so much more fun.
    and it really teaches you self defence better than any other sport. i am addicted to it.
    and good thing about jiu jitsu is that you cant get a lucky submission in and get knocked out or tapped out or anything. I takes time and dedication to get into it, so i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it!

what about you? what style do you do? what belt?

There we go another grappler ftw.

Well I'm only 19 I started Bjj about 11 months ago. Due to exams I've only been training like twice a week. I've also been doing boxing for about 3 months. I train out of Gracie Barra West Palm Beach , FL. I'm probably getting my blue belt in December , but my professor has personally told me that if my attendance doesn't improve he'll hold me back -_-. Anyway I'm not competing until I get a blue belt, I'm tired of the sandbagger comments. Anyway , have you competed yet? You should also check out a few grappling forums, after I started reading up on things my game went through the roof.

Hey cutie Senior Member

i think theres only me and you in the forum who do grapple lol

dam dude, thats sick that you train at a gracie academy. here in australia we have like about 3 to 5 gracie jiu jitsu acedemys all over the country. we have a few machodo ones though.
    what are sandbagger comments lol? man i reckon if your so close to getting your blue belt, just hit the white belt comps, youll be most likely at the top of the skills list im guessing.
    and 12 months is good time in getting your blue belt :O
    Yeah man i competed a few weeks back, came 1st lol i dont think there were many good guys there cuz ive only been doing bjj for 4-5 months and get torn at the gym so yea lol and im only 17 and like 75kg, everyone else at the gym is 20+ majority over 85kg

yeah man hit me up with these forums, would love to check it out.
    il be starting training again on monday after like a 2 month exam break so excitied, but i sorta injured my back while doing kettle bells and shit, so i dont knoww

Sandbagger is an insults meaning that you should be competing at a higher level , but your Professor is holding you back so you can bring home more medals . I've hit up a lot of comps and every time I go the comments get worse and worse. BTW getting wrecked at your gym doesn't mean you'll get fucked over in competition. Your going against the same guys EVERY DAY that pretty much base their game on what the Professor shows em. At the gym I get raped but in comps I do great. Just means your Professor has enough experience to know what to expect in a competition and what to make you drill.

Hey cutie Senior Member

we have a small gym, i live In a small town and this is like the only jiu jitsu joint in like a 150k radius lol so we only have like 20-30 people enrolled and about 8-12 people per class.
    but our coach, hes really experianced, trained with alot of the gracies including rickson and royler. But yeah, we went to the pan pacafic australian competition in melbourne a few weeks back and we had a winner in the white belt divisions in heavyweight, and lightweights. i didnt compete in this one though.
    but i guess its also a good thing that all the guys you roll with in your own gym are so much heavier than you, so that during comps people your own weight and strength would be a breeze?
    how many comps have you won?
    and gimmie a good grappling forum lol im dying to improve my game

Um great grappling forums are

UG

Grappling Technique - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

The Sherdog grappling section has to be my favorite forum. I've gotten a treasure trove of advice just reading around. Hmm my comp history, I've been in about 4 comps . Two Naga, one IBJFF(International B. Jui Jitsu Federation), and one Grappling Quest. In each one I've at least placed so I'm happy with my progress. My biggest accomplishment is first at IBJFF , they come around every 4 yrs to Florida.