Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Leg cut percentage

This is a discussion on Leg cut percentage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Has anyone tested legcut percentage? From what I understand, the more DEX bonus points, the more likely Leg cut will ...
Page: 1

Default Leg cut percentage

Has anyone tested legcut percentage?

From what I understand, the more DEX bonus points, the more likely Leg cut will succeed. is this true?

Grungnir

You are correct.
    The legcut will NEVER be 100%.
    Of my experience from 5 years of KOL, legcut has a higher successrate with two handed Axes Swords, why, i do not know.
    Long spears (Raptor, Glave Etc), duals and clubs seem to succeed at lower rate.

However, DEX BONUSES from WEAPONS make a difference, but not DEX set to stat points, or armour i have noticed, accessories are like the weapons, they help)
    So you will need an Axe or Sword with 2 hand use, that has a DEX bonus to max it out while using some accessories with DEX bonus.

When using WP+2 with dual FoV+2 i get a total of 30 more DEX points, used with an Avedon +8 (playing DCZ on CW) my legcut had a successrate of about 50 - 60%.

So try things out, some people find other weapons better, but Avedon will always be my number one choice.

Yeah, I'm trying to trade my dual ROC's for FOV's to get 20 extra DEX bonus. I would get an Avedon but it seems its too overpriced at the moment so I'll stick to my HB.

Thanks!

the success rate of using weapons such as raptors (spear type weapons) always seem to have a lower rate of leg cut, ive been using raptor for a very long time and the leg cut success rate is ridiculously low.
    I have also tried the avedon and other weapons, but my experience tells me the success rate of avedon for leg cut is greatly higher than any other weapon, the idea of dex effecting the success rate somehow doesnt seem to make sense, but i never seem to have looked into that. Thanks Grungir for the opinion on dex effecting it all. =]

I always heard that ax's will give a higher success rate to legcut but I've never heard that having DEX uniques will increase the rate also. Is it true?

all i know is that when lugias and murky are compared....lugias rapes hard interms of leg cuts compared to the murky and they are both spears, lugias gives dex murky does not. also many warrior friend i know have tested between no dex and 30-40 dex and they say the leg cut rate was much higher.

you can prob test this method out with a friend in arena..get a few paper armors +7/12 dex or some cheap old dex jewelry and see if your leg cuts have higher success rate. do the same for axe/spear with and without high dex.

nothing in this game can be 100% because of all the bugs...

This myth is false, but has been based in some truth, Duals do have a higher percentage of legcut, like scream, but not because of the Dex on Giga/Lugias, and Axes do have higher success than Spears, but not because of the Dex either. In my experience, it's the weapons speed that has the most to do with legcut. 2handed Axe's like Clubs/Sword, are slow, as opposited to 2handed Spears being very slow, why raptors always legcut less. Also dual weilds are normal speed, so they are going to legcut the most of the group, along with the Wirinom. , Trading Roc's for Fov's is a deadend, Fovs cap out faster. If you never plan on going past Roc+1/Fov+2 then it's ok, but if you ever want to combine to get better rings, Fovs are a dead end, Roc's just have a much better stat advancement.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    This myth is false, but has been based in some truth, Duals do have a higher percentage of legcut, like scream, but not because of the Dex on Giga/Lugias, and Axes do have higher success than Spears, but not because of the Dex either. In my experience, it's the weapons speed that has the most to do with legcut. 2handed Axe's like Clubs/Sword, are slow, as opposited to 2handed Spears being very slow, why raptors always legcut less. Also dual weilds are normal speed, so they are going to legcut the most of the group, along with the Wirinom. , Trading Roc's for Fov's is a deadend, Fovs cap out faster. If you never plan on going past Roc+1/Fov+2 then it's ok, but if you ever want to combine to get better rings, Fovs are a dead end, Roc's just have a much better stat advancement.
    Aside from the extra 75 HP on a ROC+1, how are ROCs better? FOV's have a better balanced resistance and have higher AC (also has dex, if it plays any role).

You're wrong about "speed" affecting leg cut.

with my HB, i get 1 or 2 out of 10 leg cuts, if not less.
    With my raptor, i used to get 3 or 4 out of 10.

Grungnir

What alot of you are saying is true.

But during my many years as a Warrior, i have tried this however way one may look at it.
    I have always been EITHER a SOLO warrior, or a Defence/Support tank.
    And the DEX does make a difference, however way you look at it.
    The attack speed makes no difference at all.

The Avedon has a very high successrate (compared to other weps), and attack speed is slow, and looking at perhaps duals, SOMW and Impact/HS, the Avedon will hit slower, but the legcut will still have a higher percentage of success.

2H Swords seem to have a relatively high successrate, although nowhere near the Axes.

IMO, single hand weapon choice is first place Avedon and second place MS (if high +)

Duals, there are really only two choices.
    Lugias and Excp Deep Scar.

Relatively high AP, DEX and HP bonus from Lugias, and the bonus of the ExDS being an axe. (Even further bonus is low axe def in DCZ)

Quote Originally Posted by Grungnir View Post
    What alot of you are saying is true.

But during my many years as a Warrior, i have tried this however way one may look at it.
    I have always been EITHER a SOLO warrior, or a Defence/Support tank.
    And the DEX does make a difference, however way you look at it.
    The attack speed makes no difference at all.

The Avedon has a very high successrate (compared to other weps), and attack speed is slow, and looking at perhaps duals, SOMW and Impact/HS, the Avedon will hit slower, but the legcut will still have a higher percentage of success.

2H Swords seem to have a relatively high successrate, although nowhere near the Axes.

IMO, single hand weapon choice is first place Avedon and second place MS (if high +)

Duals, there are really only two choices.
    Lugias and Excp Deep Scar.

Relatively high AP, DEX and HP bonus from Lugias, and the bonus of the ExDS being an axe. (Even further bonus is low axe def in DCZ)
    I'm confused, are you saying having items with DEX bonus DOES or DOES NOT increase leg cut success rate(i.e. using FOVs instead of ROCs).

Thanks!

So, here's something interesting. Me and a clannie tested leg cut today:

0/10 leg cuts with 0 Dex bonus
    0/10 leg cuts with 28 dex bonus
    (Both times using an HB+8)

Then, I found a guy with an Avedon and we did this test:
    0/10 leg cuts with the avedon.

Where are you, everyone who claimed the two help?
    especially the dude who said Avedon hits leg cut 50-60%?

its depends on the resistainces of ur enemy ,those myths about spear axe, and dex are just bs , i've palyed warrior for more than 3 years and i'd say that i always had better rate on ppl that doesnt have resistainces , simple as that , leg cutting = ice resistaince , scream = lighting resistaince , shock stun = no idea seems that it doesnt have a relation with resistainces, the rest is just luck..

Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    its depends on the resistainces of ur enemy ,those myths about spear axe, and dex are just bs , i've palyed warrior for more than 3 years and i'd say that i always had better rate on ppl that doesnt have resistainces , simple as that , leg cutting = ice resistaince , scream = lighting resistaince , shock stun = no idea seems that it doesnt have a relation with resistainces, the rest is just luck..

if you think about it, that makes alot of sense. leg cut slows you like ice...scream stuns you like lightning.

also when you test things do it out of 50+ not 10 XD. and i doubt anyone is getting 60% leg cut with any weapon..that is just unreal.

So, there's no way to increase leg cut success rate, it basically depends on how ungeared your opponent is. May do further testing

the rates have suddenly changed i dont know when, but last year when i did play warrior
    with duels sos and some other dex thing legcut worked all the time scream was nearly same and shock stun actually worked then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast