Which hammer select

This is a discussion on Which hammer select within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I start play priest and I don't have experiece with him. What you think, what hammer I have select? Lobo, ...
Page: 1

Default Which hammer select

I start play priest and I don't have experiece with him. What you think, what hammer I have select? Lobo, lupus, lycaon, ha, or next one? (I wanted smite hammer, but it looks it doesn't exist )

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

lycaon, holy anim are the 2 best imo and quite surely the most expensive too.
    I love stone splitt too, cheapest one and decent/cool bonus at +7 especially if u play rlb where usually u find lots of bp and warriors with club weapons like ii and hb.

Otherwise, if i remember right lobo gives u the highest hp bonus too...so it's a good choice too.
    Smite is good too but as u said...cuz of anvil bug it's pretty rare to find a +7 SH.
    In reality, the hammer u need depends on few factors m8:

- your money
    - your actual gear and resistenceS
    - wich zone u're going to pk and who's the most common class populating it ( lots of mages? sins? ...warriors? with which weapon and wich type? ..and so on..)

Said this...lycaon hammer is still my preferred one

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

I also love lycaon hammer cus HP/AC or w/e you will have enough of, but Resistances could always fuck you up and the Lycaon hammer makes up for that big time.

Quote Originally Posted by inarco View Post
    lycaon, holy anim are the 2 best imo and quite surely the most expensive too.
    I love stone splitt too, cheapest one and decent/cool bonus at +7 especially if u play rlb where usually u find lots of bp and warriors with club weapons like ii and hb.

Otherwise, if i remember right lobo gives u the highest hp bonus too...so it's a good choice too.
    Smite is good too but as u said...cuz of anvil bug it's pretty rare to find a +7 SH.
    In reality, the hammer u need depends on few factors m8:

- your money
    - your actual gear and resistenceS
    - wich zone u're going to pk and who's the most common class populating it ( lots of mages? sins? ...warriors? with which weapon and wich type? ..and so on..)

Said this...lycaon hammer is still my preferred one
    ->If we are talking about +7, money isn't problem. I will have enough for all from them.
    ->Actual gear ... I started play on new server so not good yet. However I will have in few days minimum chitin set +7, ds +7, old uniques etc, so I won't so bad how a lot of new players. Level is 30-35, but I am planning primary CZ, maybe sub char to ardream.
    It is Carnak-west server.
    ->CZ primary, dcz like "support"

Situation in pk zones I don't have checked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MushtMan View Post
    I also love lycaon hammer cus HP/AC or w/e you will have enough of, but Resistances could always fuck you up and the Lycaon hammer makes up for that big time.
    Thanks for reaction too.

It looks I decide lycaon, if I not find here good opinion why not.
    Thanks guys

The One And Only Senior Member

hmm ,
    it depends because Lycaon Hammer&Holy Animor is the best for int priest
    but if you know that you gonna do pk vs meeles and not vs mages so take holy animor ,
    but if u know that u gonna do alot of pk vs mages so take lycaon hammer because there is alot of ressistance to flame,light,ice on it ..

PS: If u got enough money for both of them just buy both of them and just change it while pk if meele pt come put the holy animor and if mages pt come put the lycoan hammer

if it so...go buy lycaon hammer+7, a ds+6 and chitin+7, skele belt (for now), old harpy belt and dunno maybe dual rom since they are cheap. ( keep in mind rom+1 give u more hp than rol, almost same ac and it's deffo cheaper)
    chitin dd+6 or 7 to use in case u see a shining sin coming to ya. Then i would say old SSE
    Harpy belt got 30 lr and arrow def that help against archers and pumps your res against stun.
    If u feel to be stunned too often...go buy a noob white drag neck with 100 hp and 50 lr... and use an armor ench sc for covering the luck of ac.
    U should be now unstannable :P
    Since u you got lycaon hammer i would pick earrings like sse for having some more ac and hp

Keep saving money for gg shield like a gab+6+7 once u'll be 70 and krovaz set +6+7
    Then work on gg jewels like iron neck or ep+1+2 and glass belt.
    A gab+6 got lots of weapon res and it will cover more than decently the lack of iron set till u get one.
    Other than that...i would suggest ya a setup like... 60-60 heal/duff as soon as possible. Completes heal and torment+massive wont make u feel the lack of mastery skills.
    U shouldn't have probs in joining gg parties, and u'll be fking great in pk/bdw situations.
    And..in case u got a friend of your with a similar skill setup like 60 buff and 60 heal...well your pt should be almost unkillable since u got 4 group heals :P
    Last edited by inarco; 04-28-2011 at 02:20 PM.

using lobo7 atm and its got the most hp bonus out of all the hammers. however if your resist are low go for lycaon7.

good combo's...

lobo7 + ce's
    lycaon7 +sse's

as far as other ones like splitter/smite they are pretty fun to use. splitter bad for - hp, good for club def and resist. smite very good but rlly rare.

holy animor is also a pretty good choice.

ps. i used splitter6 + book + 30 str in ardream i had 420 ap on int priest and got 4 kills . on duffed people you spam 200+

hm hm hm :-) And I have to remember that I will have to kill monsters in monster stone. Like int priest it will hard, so stone spliter minimum for it. ^^
    I like that you all write here. I need more ideas for decision :-) Thanks

the point dude..is..if u need exp mainly..go paper full str and buffer/heal with 3 point on holy spirit so that u get malice. once u reach the lvl u want..reskill int. You might be able to kill the mobs in the lower lvl monster stones..but...later i think u wont do enough dmg to kill them quickly. and remember u dont have sw...so u'll be slower than the other chars too

So if u can't count on few people (at least 1) with which exping right when u log in game, go paper bp ...otherwise..u can choose the int way since now ^^