Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

07-Ghost

This is a discussion on 07-Ghost within the Anime and Manga forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Anybody else watching this anime? It's quite new, but, so far, I like it a lot. Introduction to the anime ...
Page: 1

Banned

Anybody else watching this anime? It's quite new, but, so far, I like it a lot.

Introduction to the anime
    ----------------------------------------

Set in a gothic fantasy world, this is the story of Teito Klein, an orphaned slave who became the top military academy student. However, an unexpected turn of events left him pursued by the forces of the Barsburg Empire. Now an escaping convict, Teito's sheltered by the church and it’s law of sanctuary. Here, he discovered many mysteries surrounding himself, the church, and the Empire itself. The fact that he might be connected to a dethroned king and the mystical stone of god, 'The Eye of Mikhael' made him the target of the empire more than ever. Fortunately the church is under the mythical 7 Ghost protection. But who are the Ghosts really. Will Teito be free from the military's clutch, And what of his said mission to uncover the history. And who is the military's Chief-of-Staff Ayanami exactly. Teito's future seems to have spiraled into an unexpectedly perilous path.

----------------------------------------

So far it has 17 episodes out and they are released (in raw) on Mondays. It is being subbed by Dattebayo, so the subs are of excellent quality. It's also subbed by Eclipse, but with their faster result comes less accuracy.

I can see this being a great anime once it starts getting deeper into the story.

[spoiler]i am on episode 6 right now. i cant believe the main character died already!!![/spoiler]

zachary, u should be mowing the lawn....

Banned

Please, don't post here if you are just looking to spam with random things. This topic was made for semi-serious/serious people to voice their opinions of a specific show, not for you to come act like an idiot in.

It seems like a decent anime. I'm gonna follow it and see how it turns out.

Banned

Episode 19 got subbed the other day. It was pretty epic. Wonder what's going to happen with Teito.

Leonidas

Is there any English audio dubs being made?

Banned

Why would you want English dubs? >.<

Anyway, it's a fairly new animè, so I doubt it.

goin to watch it right now

On my to-watch list

Leonidas

Quote Originally Posted by MagicWannaBe View Post
    Why would you want English dubs? >.<

Anyway, it's a fairly new animè, so I doubt it.
    I can't stand watching them in Japanese for some reason, it's like words without meaning or emotions behind them. I can't pin a voice to a character... just words.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    I can't stand watching them in Japanese for some reason, it's like words without meaning or emotions behind them. I can't pin a voice to a character... just words.
    I think Japanese fits the animé characters so much better, because I think they make the character recognizable and I think that when you get used to hearing the japanese language and reading the subs, it's so much more emotional
    Just what I think

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RavouS View Post
    I think Japanese fits the animé characters so much better, because I think they make the character recognizable and I think that when you get used to hearing the japanese language and reading the subs, it's so much more emotional
    Just what I think
    Completely agreed. For 98% of animè, Jap voices with subs is 100x better than the English dub. But, certain ones like: Dragonball Z, Outlaw Star, and Trigun for example, DO sound better in English. I don't see 07-Ghost being one of those animè.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicWannaBe View Post
    Completely agreed. For 98% of animè, Jap voices with subs is 100x better than the English dub. But, certain ones like: Dragonball Z, Outlaw Star, and Trigun for example, DO sound better in English. I don't see 07-Ghost being one of those animè.
    Yep The most poorly DUB I've ever heard is the one from Gundam SEED, damn it sounds so unemotional... When it shouldn't sound emotional, it does and when it should sound emotional, it doesn't I've never seen Outlaw Star and Trigun in english, but I agree with DBZ

Banned

watched all the current episodes, a decent anime i´d say, eventhou, i think all the episodes, or atleast alot of them, means like each other >.< theres just a new enemy in each episode, which they defeat basically, thats it =_=

Quote Originally Posted by WindWaker View Post
    watched all the current episodes, a decent anime i´d say, eventhou, i think all the episodes, or atleast alot of them, means like each other >.< theres just a new enemy in each episode, which they defeat basically, thats it =_=
    Yeah but it's still maintaining it's plot's / theme's. I'm enjoying it so far.
    Last edited by Zealous; 08-21-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast