Prince of Tennis

This is a discussion on Prince of Tennis within the Anime and Manga forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Manga info: At the young age of 12, Ryoma Echizen is a prodigious tennis star with potential to surpass even ...
Page: 1

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Manga info:
    At the young age of 12, Ryoma Echizen is a prodigious tennis star with potential to surpass even the career of his father… if only the rest of the Seigaku tennis team knew about it. As a new student at Seigaku middle school, seventh grader Ryoma endures bullying on all sides from resentful team members who dislike him for the threat he represents to the upperclassmen when he enters the 16-year-old and under tennis group. Before he can gain the respect of his teammates, Ryoma must prove himself worthy of competing at the ninth grade level by gaining a position on the team as a starter. The only way to accomplish that is by defeating opponents much older than him. Ryoma must rely on his natural talent to prevail against the experience of players much bigger than himself.

Chapters: 379(Complete)

really good manga imo! i thought it would just be a boring sports manga but it actually turned out really good...they go beyond like "normal" so the tennis matches are really like crazy filled with special moves and power ups and all that good stuff ud see in a regular shounan manga

anyway i got hooked after reading the 1st chapter and read the whole 379 chapters in like one day

didn't read the manga but I watched the first episodes of the anime and didn't like it....not my taste, some friends told me the manga is very interesting, I might give it a try later.
    btw I used to jokingly piss my friends off by saying this Ryoma guy is so overpower , he win all his matches with full scores lol

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

didn't read the manga but I watched the first episodes of the anime and didn't like it....not my taste, some friends told me the manga is very interesting, I might give it a try later.
    btw I used to jokingly piss my friends off by saying this Ryoma guy is so overpower , he win all his matches with full scores lol[/b]
    ya the anime fucking blows....as always lol

anima is ALWAYS shitty compared to manga

and he is overpowered :P until the real tournaments start xD then he starts facing people as good as him

anima is ALWAYS shitty compared to manga [/b]
    lol that's why I don't watch new anime and I rather read mangas
    well since you're in the mood of sport anime or manga , I'l recommend to you one of the best sport manga I ever read, and one of my top five manga\anime ..... it's called Slam Dunk, and it's about Basketball, I watched the anime and read the manga, the anime was almost 95% from the manga, almost the same except the anime stopped and the manga completed the story, you can watch the anime( I recommend that) and when it's finish read the rest from the manga, I can get you the anime and the manga if you want.
    trust me you will enjoy it just let me know if you need it ^^