Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By razor

good starting point

This is a discussion on good starting point within the Anime and Manga forums, part of the General Entertainment category; ive only ever seen partial episodes here and there and wanna start watching while i play can anyone recommend an ...
Page: 1

Banned Regular Member

Default good starting point

ive only ever seen partial episodes here and there and wanna start watching while i play

can anyone recommend an anime to start with like something thats considered a must see or a staple

Little archer Senior Member

boku no pico

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    ive only ever seen partial episodes here and there and wanna start watching while i play

can anyone recommend an anime to start with like something thats considered a must see or a staple
    Ummh.. There really isn't to be honest. People have different tastes, but it's always easy to start off with popular shows like Shingeki No Kyojin or Sword Art Online. In my case I slowly got accustomed into a variety of shows after watching very simple action animes like SAO, Blue Exorcist and Fairy Tail. Now my taste drifts more into psychological, drama and just generally very emotion rich shows like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso, Clannad, Oregairu and many others that I can't name from the top of my head.

Nanatsu No Taizai and Magi are pretty good shows as well. Kuroshitsuji has it's dark moments, which I love, but it has some issues which might push people away from the show.

Out of the recent mainstream shit you'll probably like One Punch Man, staples for me are like Berserk, Baccano, Hellsing, Gintama which is mad comedy, I love psychologicals like Monster and Psycho-Pass. If you're razor type of nigga then yeah boku no pico and love live. I'm joking on boku no pico, don't look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Luchini View Post
    Berserk.
    Worst show ever made. I'm not joking. After the ending I was shouting out loud "WHAT THE FUCK?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS FUCKING SHOW?", all while being completely alone in my house.

Baccano, Monster
    Can't believe I forgot about Baccano, it's absolutely one of my favorite shows. Monster was boring for the most part, but it had some very good psychological moments and the ending was just gr8.

All good Kallop everyone thinks different, not going to take it to heart like pretty much everyone else when you shit on what they like. See Kallop likes Baccano, I'm assuming hes also seen Durarara, same creator and ofc they're really alike. Pick someone that seem interesting, watch some of it, if you like it, check out the recommendations see what else is similar to it and go from there. For example If you're going to pick something like Black Lagoon, you're going to end up checking out, Bebop, Trigun, Hellsing, Speed Grapher, Jourmungand, Gungrave, etc, etc. List goes on hahaha.

Little archer Senior Member

I love psychologicals like love live.
    Good taste.
    Kallop likes this.