Looking for something really sad or depressing or just plain awesome.

This is a discussion on Looking for something really sad or depressing or just plain awesome. within the Anime and Manga forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Basically this summer I decided I'm not going anywhere, nor am I going to be working, so I have way ...
Page: 1

Default Looking for something really sad or depressing or just plain awesome.

Basically this summer I decided I'm not going anywhere, nor am I going to be working, so I have way too much free time. I will be spending a big part of this free time doing random ass crap, like wasting my life watching the entirety of Fairy Tail for the 5th time. Already re-watched D.Gray-man and Attack On Titan (Season 2 hype!). Also, I've read like 30 books in the past 2 months, so I feel like taking a break from that.

So, I'm looking for anime that either makes me feel like utter shit, or makes me feel like my life is utter shit. This can be achieved by 2 means. Either the anime is heart breaking sad, or then it's just so awesome that it forces me to wallow in self pity and make me desperately annoyed at my own boring life. Keep in mind that I've watched 90% of the most popular shows, so suggesting something that has come out in the past 4 years and is critically acclaimed is probably something I've seen already. Really looking for some hidden jewels here.

In case you're going to suggest something popular and I haven't seen it, try convince me to watch it if I've decided not to. Every now and then I've glanced over a show and not watched it because it looked bad, so I'm giving some stuff a 2nd chance.

Little archer Senior Member

Kuzu no honkai might be right up your alley. I haven't watched it though but read the reviews.

White album 2 maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Kuzu no honkai might be right up your alley. I haven't watched it though but read the reviews.

White album 2 maybe?
    The premise seems a little cheesy, but I'll give it a go.

As a side note, Koe no Katachi was amazing. Holy fuck.

Little archer Senior Member

That is out yet? I suppose it is since it aired in sept 2016 lol. Gonna check it out. Is kyoani finally going to redeem themselves?

Btw did you watch 'your name' yet?

holy fuck reading books in 2k17! anyways, hope you find something entertaining to do, still gotta sort my summer plans :O

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    That is out yet? I suppose it is since it aired in sept 2016 lol. Gonna check it out. Is kyoani finally going to redeem themselves?

Btw did you watch 'your name' yet?
    Already watched Kimi no Na wa yeah. Koe no Katachi hit the streaming sites with subs yesterday. In HD as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    holy fuck reading books in 2k17! anyways, hope you find something entertaining to do, still gotta sort my summer plans :O
    Reading well written literature is the best way to improve your language skills. There are also many great stories that cannot be watched or played, so it makes sense to read them. The Kingkiller Chronicles for example.

I do have plans for midsummer and shit, but most of my days are free of plans.

Samurai X ------ God Like

Inuyasha (its ok to watch once)

Quote Originally Posted by ioOi View Post
    Samurai X ------ God Like

Inuyasha (its ok to watch once)
    Seen both

Currently watching Natsume Yuujinchou. Pretty good so far.