making old uniques to regular ?

This is a discussion on making old uniques to regular ? within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i wanted to know if anyone has ever tried to make old unique into regular unique...suposibly if u use 3x ...
Page: 1

Default making old uniques to regular ?

i wanted to know if anyone has ever tried to make old unique into regular unique...suposibly if u use 3x olds same...and get 50 scrap steel and 5 nest scrap and 1 other thingy that the npc gives u....i tried it and when u open book recepie...it crashes ? :S..but i seen a vid were one guy tried 3x earings but i tried old flame rings and i had em sealed...so idk it said wrong combination...so im not sure if it was cause their sealed ? or cause i need em un sealed ? anyone can comfirm its working :S spent like 50m trying it but yeah no work for me ? :S does anyone have formulas ?

Might be cause they are sealed more than likely.

O_o Senior Member

You can't do it with old accessories that you used.

And next time post here Game Questions & Tips

Genius Senior Member ExclusiveBastard's Avatar

You can only do it with a few olds

Like;

Silver earing
    Opal earing
    Bronze earing

BDN, WDN etc (no wp,fr,ep etc)

you can combine any nonshaded olds
    the more pricey ones that bind to you when used can not be combined even if you have not used them ( old rol, roc, ep. wp. flame ring etc)
    stuff like old bronze earring, plat earing sse and stuff can be made into +0
    i have combined enough to make 2x sse+2 and 2x sse+1,
    shadow pieces greatly increase your chances of making a +0 unique, without it chances of makeing a +0 are like 1 in 14 tries
    regular sse+0 was 10gb
    old sse = 20m x 3 = 60m + 200m(shadow piece) makes it worth while
    but if you are useing shadow pieces on crappy uiques like platinum ring you are wasteing a lot of coin just to get a crappy item

Quote Originally Posted by yuna_ View Post
    you can combine any nonshaded olds
    the more pricey ones that bind to you when used can not be combined even if you have not used them ( old rol, roc, ep. wp. flame ring etc)
    stuff like old bronze earring, plat earing sse and stuff can be made into +0
    i have combined enough to make 2x sse+2 and 2x sse+1,
    shadow pieces greatly increase your chances of making a +0 unique, without it chances of makeing a +0 are like 1 in 14 tries
    regular sse+0 was 10gb
    old sse = 20m x 3 = 60m + 200m(shadow piece) makes it worth while
    but if you are useing shadow pieces on crappy uiques like platinum ring you are wasteing a lot of coin just to get a crappy item
    hmmm seems like ill do the SSE trick then maybe make a +2 or +3 =P! kk thanks guys!!!

Combining old uniques is one of the easier ways to get the hard drop niche items like Elf rings and Ammy of Dexterity, but you have to be smart about it when not using shadow pieces. The rate is indeed low, so I wouldnt reccomend just pouring cash into it because some of my friends, after doing the math the hard way, figured it just didnt work out that often: If you try to brute force it odds are you would have better bought +0s.

In my server old elfs used to be 5-10m, and +0s could cost 2gbs, so I would try like 4 at the most. Every day i'd try 1-4 tries, and it took less than 2 months to have my +3