Archlord shut down / similarities to Aion

This is a discussion on Archlord shut down / similarities to Aion within the Other forums, part of the Games category; I dont know if anyone even remembers this game, it came out and a group of people left to go ...
Page: 1

Default Archlord shut down / similarities to Aion

I dont know if anyone even remembers this game, it came out and a group of people left to go play it (one being waygar) kind of like whats happening right now for aion.

Archlord was a asian made game, translated to english and hosted by a company that bought a license to host it (they did not create the game and were not able to create any patches themselves (at least not to the scale of what blizzard can do with WoW))

I haven't looked into it, but I am 99% sure that Aion is the exact same thing.
    (Now that i think about it, KO is the same thing also, only it was not sold in stores)

Based on previous experiences, I predict Aion will have (if it doesn't already have)
    - An in-game store where you can buy power-ups much like the power up store in KO
    - Terrible customer support
    - Gold farmers (i've heard that there are tons of them in game already)
    - Glitches that lead to people gaining huge advantages over legit players

this is just kinda a collection of my thoughts about the game while its installing; its what im kind of expecting. I dont expect it to replace WoW, i think it will just be another KO, people will have fun with it for awhile, and realize its just not worth playing and it will die out, of course i hope that im wrong.

Banned Senior Member

didnt read all of your post giga, but a company is bringing Archlord back online with a new class added to the Asian and American servers, might need to google it tho I cant remember the date or the company name if you still wanted toplay Archlord

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

I was one the no'ians in there. It started off well but Codemasters didnt get their relationship to work with NHN. Patching took 6 months and after a month every gm vanished, only pvp we did was killing farmbots and few clan vs clan's. Starscream is still playing it and he told me that its true about the new company and stuff.
    But theres absolutly nothing incommon with AL and aion. Phell free to ask for examples, ill answer when my thumb is less sore.

Im pretty sure the company is Webzen... arnt they the ones that do SUN(soul of the ultimate nation)

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Webzen has it now. All the codemasters data belongs to webzen now. Ill post some ss's laterz, just for fun.

storm

- Gold farmers (i've heard that there are tons of them in game already)
    nearly all mmorpgs have gold farmers

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

aion is p2p, so no PUS there.

customer support is mediocre.

gold farmers... I can't think of an MMO game that doesn't have them

glitches - i've not heard of any major ones - certainly nothing which leads to a noticable advantage / disadvantage for anyone.

Archlord being closed is just Codemasters being shitty as a hosting company. They did the same with RF Online. Flog shit on the PUS and not correct the issues which are breaking the game. Crap updates from asia, cos they won't pay for updates and/or fixes.

Aion has a future as long as they add more top-level content.