Sim city 5!!!

This is a discussion on Sim city 5!!! within the Other forums, part of the Games category; OMGAWD SIM CITY 5 came out today!!!! Anyone else excited for this release? I use to love playing SimCity 3 ...
Page: 1

iTzBryan Senior Member

Default Sim city 5!!!

OMGAWD SIM CITY 5 came out today!!!! Anyone else excited for this release? I use to love playing SimCity 3 and 4.

I plan on buying this game when I have time to give it the playtime it deserves.

Anyone have it? How is it?

ive been trying to play since i got it but the fact all the servers are always full and the wait is 20mins makes it hard to play it when you want sadly

Quote Originally Posted by boredoutofmymind View Post
    ive been trying to play since i got it but the fact all the servers are always full and the wait is 20mins makes it hard to play it when you want sadly
    yea not worth buying

iTzBryan Senior Member

Yeah I've heard there is an "always-on" requirement -- that's fucking stupid. They are going to lose their ass if they keep that shit up.

well seeing they have increased their servers by about 120-150% +/- the 20min wait is all but gone i havent run in to it the past 2 days

as for the always being connected i do agree its kindve stupid but it is nice w/ the global market being able to buy/sell resources as your main economy or just do the normal I/C for your money and if you join a big enough region say one of the 16 player regions you can buy say water/sewage treatment/garbage treatment ect from cities in the region and upgrades at your city hall which help improve your police station/fire station ect dont need to be added directly to your city hall but by a city hall in the region

i.e. city A - makes tourism add-on
    city B in same region - doesnt have tourism add-on but still gains the bonuses from city A having tourism add-on
    city B - makes education add-on
    city A - now gains access to better schools i.e. high schools / community college / university
    city C - now has access to all the above and so on

so if you play w/ friends and each person kindve specializes in a certain area it can benefit another city in the region

how's sim city 5 been? looking to hear from someone who's played. not just online reviews.