Is GW2 worth playing?

This is a discussion on Is GW2 worth playing? within the Other forums, part of the Games category; I'm looking to play a game and a couple of friends told me about GW2 but i've never played it ...
Page: 1

Default Is GW2 worth playing?

I'm looking to play a game and a couple of friends told me about GW2 but i've never played it and im not sure if its worth buying and playing… any ideas about this game?

Little archer Senior Member

Casual game. If you expect to get an edge over others just by the sheer amount of farming you do, you're gonna be disappointed.

Don't get me wrong tho, you can outfarm people, but it's much harder compared to other games.

GW2 is also not a game to play full time, it's good to have another one to fall onto when you get bored of it for the day.

Is it worth it? Tbh it's the best deal you can get for 50$. Once you finish the content though you're gonna feel a little wondering what's left to do (there's not much unless you're into pvp), but that's not gonna happen until at least a few hundred hours. And that's way more content than any console game can give you, for the same price.
    Last edited by razor; 02-18-2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: added "few"

wow thank you very much i might give it a try then =)

I know its an old post but I am going to reply anyways. I Loved the Game play and a lot about GW2, The thing that turned Me off once I hit end game is the fact that Your weapons and such You can only get Better skins all Your weapon stats are the same. When I can buy a Max lvl weapon from the Ah and it has the same stats as one from End Game Boss just no fun after that for me. Just My opinion