Page 178 of 390 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 5836
Like Tree60Likes

Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT

This is a discussion on Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by NoOneCanStopMe no they dont, they made there money, why would they will care anymore? They were best ...
Page: 178

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneCanStopMe View Post
    no they dont, they made there money, why would they will care anymore?
    They were best PSKO admins ever when they launch the server and now they are worst? ;/

What happened with the server is quite obvious. The first day of beta people were complaining about the exp rates, that they were too hard but the admins refused to listen despite the majority of players wanting to pk. The prizes for the exping wasnt that great but they still dragged foot and a lot of players left because of that. After all they were considered to be the best server devs and they thought '' hey if you dont play with our rules thats your problem fuck off''.
    Then the server kicked off. The first day there were no monsters on moradon and gm was spamming monsters for the players to exp. That was a disaster. Despite of many resets they coudnt fix the issue for a while. There was the hate towards twostars from Turks side as well. He should have at least tried to talk with the Turkish players that came to check the server (some of them were speaking English so he could have commune with them) but he didnt do that as well. Instead he decided to conceal himself. That was bad. Players would like to talk to the admins ( I say admins), this servers arent ran by big companies and that should be the upside of playing in a pvp server not a downside. I knew from the start that this wasnt going to work but i gave it a try because of my friends. The last thing i want to point out is, i think they are not regular ko players because they made so many mistakes a ko playing oldie wouldnt do. That sums about all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuukaye View Post
    "hey if you dont play with our rules thats your problem fuck off''.
    I agree with a lot of what you said, except this. During the beginning days of the server, they were very good with communicating with the players( and by "they" I mean Aesteris) and they did listen on a lot of aspects (example: fishing rates, fishing abusing, the problems with resistances and fire mages, etc.. But once the population died they went silent, and recently there have been stability issues which is terrible since this was supposed to be the most stable PS. Until they give some information about what is going on, I don't see much reason for anyone to play.

Hopefully they hey can hire new support (like they said they would) and give the server a restart. That's the only chance in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchItUp View Post
    Like, Twostars liked my post but we're the only full clan still alive and playing in Apex but he wont even answer us in his own forum or here or anywhere. It feels like K2 all over again.
    I believe in actions, not words. I could be responding to everyone, but at the end of the day, in terms of the server, it wouldn't really change anything. ;_; I mean, I agree with almost everything everyone's saying.

Regarding the server, relaunch or no relaunch, we'd still suffer the same issue with the events. Relaunching would maybe bring some people back, as the plethora of other issues we had since launch are indeed resolved at this point (I'm not entirely sure what the stability issues that were mentioned above are referring to though, because to my knowledge it's been stable for a long time), but we'd ultimately come back to the point where people would be abusing events.
    Admittedly, having active GMs around would address this problem too, but I feel the solution we proposed in the forums better encompasses any problems and alleviates the workload for said GMs. For the most part, we have implemented this by this point -- however, we were roadbloacked by the dumb client UI selection bug which really screws us over; fixing it (which was a hassle and a half in and of itself) caused several unintended side-effects, which makes releasing that a no-go, so our plan was to figure that out before we could move onto anything else.

The client bug is a result of mgame being dumb and changing things which originally made sense logically and worked fine... I'm really hoping they fix it officially, since reverting it really isn't that difficult. Doing it manually though is just a PITA.

Without that sorted (which is our biggest issue ATM, aside from players [which is in part because of that]), there's not much point in even relaunching -- as many of you are suggesting (not that it's our thing). When it eventually does get sorted, then it may be something we can look at, but we've said it before -- we'd really rather not resort to that unless literally nobody plays it anymore.

Honestly, server was picking back up somewhat just after our staff apps and such. But for reasons (*cough* certain individuals that don't play this server *cough*) that will be left unnamed, despite everything, that took a complete nosedive shortly afterwards. That's about the point where I just said to hell with it, after all that (completely now-pointless) effort I was putting into it, I'm focusing on just fixing the dumb client bug and getting the things we can reliably address out of the way and THEN focusing on the community once their issues with the server are sorted. IDK, it's rather demotivating to say the least when all the effort you put into stuff is completely ripped away from you not even a full 24 hours afterwards, by certain people who were never even involved with the community. Our fault to a great extent, but still. Meh.

And thus concludes the epic tale of why I've not been pointlessly responding to people, and people are now getting the impression "admins don't care anymore" (we still care).

@twostars

a post like this was really all it took for many people to know that things are happening. I hope you get your issues solved.

edit: having GMs (hired ones) to address the event abuse issues seems like a fine solution.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I believe in actions, not words. I could be responding to everyone, but at the end of the day, in terms of the server, it wouldn't really change anything. ;_; I mean, I agree with almost everything everyone's saying.

(we still care).

you are saying you believe in actions, but since i allready quitted with animosity, i am still viewing from time to time on the forum ( when i am bored) and i dont see anything tht you guys doing, you opened the GM/moderator applications for what? as i see you and aesteris didnt do anything with it yet and it's been over weeks. you are addressing over a client bug, but what about the others? if you cant fix 1 bug it's ok, go to the another bug till you you fix the last 1. what you are doing you are stepping back and not going forward. even with the amount of the players ( which idk how much there is now) you can still get so many players by more advertising and by showing that you do care in forum and in game also, in all honestly even to you what i did say is actually correct ( from a point of view of the currently of the server)

you are saying you believe in actions, but since i allready quitted with animosity, i am still viewing from time to time on the forum ( when i am bored) and i dont see anything tht you guys doing, you opened the GM/moderator applications for what? as i see you and aesteris didnt do anything with it yet and it's been over weeks. you are addressing over a client bug, but what about the others? if you cant fix 1 bug it's ok, go to the another bug till you you fix the last 1. what you are doing you are stepping back and not going forward. even with the amount of the players ( which idk how much there is now) you can still get so many players by more advertising and by showing that you do care in forum and in game also, in all honestly even to you what i did say is actually correct ( from a point of view of the currently of the server)
    Could you care to point out which other bugs you're actually referring to?

Could you care to point out which other bugs you're actually referring to?
    Game -> Tracker

48 bugs which the staff confirmed, and it doesnt really matter it's not all about the bugs, it's about the staff, in every server there will be bugs, no matter what, i never seen any server bugs free at all! in your server it's diffrent the bugs are not really effective to the gameplay, what actually effect the gameplay is you and aesteris, you 2 didnt do anything for the past 2 month's for the server, only a fucking idiotic find gm event which you gaved a 3 silvery gem WOW I AM RICH! but in otherwise you can change it, the server runing great, no crash, no attacks but hi let's no forget, no players. players went away cus you all were sleeping under your 10k $ and swim with it, i would say it's ok cus you did put alot effort into this server for the past 3 years, but you have both ruined it by not giving the players what they want, took you over 1 month to move isi to fucking bowl where there is a felankor on fucking usko, USKO! i will tell you 1 thing and from here i will finish it, if you want that this server will success add a turkish staff will spam the fuck up the advertise topics and more english and turkish gms or elso, you can say bb to apexko.

Game -> Tracker

48 bugs which the staff confirmed, and it doesnt really matter it's not all about the bugs, it's about the staff, in every server there will be bugs, no matter what, i never seen any server bugs free at all! in your server it's diffrent the bugs are not really effective to the gameplay, what actually effect the gameplay is you and aesteris, you 2 didnt do anything for the past 2 month's for the server, only a fucking idiotic find gm event which you gaved a 3 silvery gem WOW I AM RICH! but in otherwise you can change it, the server runing great, no crash, no attacks but hi let's no forget, no players. players went away cus you all were sleeping under your 10k $ and swim with it, i would say it's ok cus you did put alot effort into this server for the past 3 years, but you have both ruined it by not giving the players what they want, took you over 1 month to move isi to fucking bowl where there is a felankor on fucking usko, USKO! i will tell you 1 thing and from here i will finish it, if you want that this server will success add a turkish staff will spam the fuck up the advertise topics and more english and turkish gms or elso, you can say bb to apexko.
    I can see the issue tracker. Most of them are dumb client bugs (or nonissues) that aren't really worth looking into over major stuff like the ordeal with events.

That's why I was wondering what you were referring to by " you are addressing over a client bug, but what about the others? if you cant fix 1 bug it's ok, go to the another bug till you you fix the last 1."

The big turnoff for me was the fact that despite the good client,it was pretty much no difference from USKO,with all the bugs and the babashoping. And you guys made the server to NOT be a babashoper heaven,wich it was.

The nature of Knight Online kind of makes it impossible to design a server where baba shopping isn't a possibility. People will always be willing to pay real money for an in game advantage. This is true for many MMO games.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steez View Post
    The nature of Knight Online kind of makes it impossible to design a server where baba shopping isn't a possibility. People will always be willing to pay real money for an in game advantage. This is true for many MMO games.
    It can still be possible, but you can limit it. For which I've been blamed for, too much, from some monkeys in here. But every server owner is doing the same thing nowadays.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steez View Post
    So you have to limit it in anyway possible. EXP jars were the exact opposite of that; they encouraged babashopping with them lmao. Obviously gold bars and items will always be part of the system, that's completely unavoidable, however EXP jars and items that act the same way are certainly not helping the problem (I really have no idea why they were enabled in the first place to be honest).

I can see the issue tracker. Most of them are dumb client bugs (or nonissues) that aren't really worth looking into over major stuff like the ordeal with events.

That's why I was wondering what you were referring to by " you are addressing over a client bug, but what about the others? if you cant fix 1 bug it's ok, go to the another bug till you you fix the last 1."
    you still dont get it do you? read what i said CAREFULLY pls.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    So you have to limit it in anyway possible. EXP jars were the exact opposite of that; they encouraged babashopping with them lmao. Obviously gold bars and items will always be part of the system, that's completely unavoidable, however EXP jars and items that act the same way are certainly not helping the problem (I really have no idea why they were enabled in the first place to be honest).
    you're not wrong, the EXP jars were questionable. But if not the EXP jars then people would just by accounts. Which has a similar effect. Either A. someone farms EXP in jars and sells them for USD or B. someone farm characters to lv 80 and sells them for USD

The EXP jars reduce the chances of scamming, which I guess is a good thing

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    08-21-2022, 06:42 PM
  2. Hits: 2
    10-06-2017, 10:01 AM
  3. Hits: 22
    08-22-2017, 03:34 PM
  4. Hits: 2
    05-06-2017, 07:54 AM
  5. Hits: 2
    05-04-2017, 04:55 AM