Page 244 of 390 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 5836
Like Tree60Likes

Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT

This is a discussion on Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Teddy Let me see if i understand you clearly. You play to get more kills in a ...
Page: 244

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Let me see if i understand you clearly. You play to get more kills in a shorter amount of time, yet national points are not the basis. What then, is the point of this perspective? Fun? Killboard? Rank? Less opportunity of raging at death? Efficiency has just become a very broad term.

What I'm asking is - if it isn't about the National Points, then what IS it about?
    I'm genuinely curious as to why people play the way they do. I've always said people play games the way they live their life.
    Well I'll use invasion as an example. Very often I skip invasions because although npcs and monuments give tons of nps, it's very boring to actually kill npcs and sit at the monument. I prefer actually fighting other players over just chasing npcs in a populated server. Now, the reason why I said kills per minute is because someone might mistake this for having a 8v8 or something like that, but it's actually not that. I enjoy a very well organized train of death kind of PK style in a chaotic situation. In other words, I prefer just killing a ton of players and getting the satisfaction of making a ton of kills and surviving through 40-50 players while mowing them down. The NPs in the chatbox is just a confirmation of your kills.

The NPs are not the main point, but they are a memento of sorts. Also I don't care about dying most of the time, especially with mages. The reason why I prefer KPM is because I'm not afraid of losing nps per say and I don't really care about rankings either. Especially when in many servers nps end up getting donated to get a long cape anyway.

Also as a side note, gaming is probably the only thing I take semi-seriously and doesn't really reflect the way I live in any way lol.

Edit: Read through nickos' post and find it kind of funny how I actually notice the brain behind the brawn rather than individual player's ability. I guess it's due to my commander role though.

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    Personally I would like to play KO to farm items than to farm NPs. If I have had 10 hours to spend on KO, I definitely would not like to spend all of them PKing.
    Newer KO version has achivements implemented, which I'm in love with. If the craft system was an actual craft system I could easily choose newer version over older ones.
    I don't know if it has to do anything about the way I live. I just like to play games with loot systems. I'm sure those who ever played Diablo 3, 2 or even 1 understands what I'm talking about.

If someone wanna become a known kill machine would choose sin/warrior. If someone wanna gain lot of NPs will choose archer/mage and so on.
    There are many reasons that leads to the decision of choosing a class and the main one is; Is there a friend or a group of friends who's going to join you ? Do you know that you'll meet any friends there ? If so, there is a bigger chance to go with a class like archer, mage or int priest.
    It has to do with the conditions of the time you're trying to play the game. If your group isn't a mage group and there isn't any support mage, someone who knows how to play support mage will choose to go that way, right ?

Playing in a mage group means that you're not looking to become "known" but to have lot of fun and NPs. Whenever you kill others as mage group you get a strange feeling that the enemies are dumb sticking all together every single time.
    How many years have you played in mage parties?
    What was your first experience like?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Well I'll use invasion as an example. Very often I skip invasions because although npcs and monuments give tons of nps, it's very boring to actually kill npcs and sit at the monument. I prefer actually fighting other players over just chasing npcs in a populated server. Now, the reason why I said kills per minute is because someone might mistake this for having a 8v8 or something like that, but it's actually not that. I enjoy a very well organized train of death kind of PK style in a chaotic situation. In other words, I prefer just killing a ton of players and getting the satisfaction of making a ton of kills and surviving through 40-50 players while mowing them down. The NPs in the chatbox is just a confirmation of your kills.

The NPs are not the main point, but they are a memento of sorts. Also I don't care about dying most of the time, especially with mages. The reason why I prefer KPM is because I'm not afraid of losing nps per say and I don't really care about rankings either. Especially when in many servers nps end up getting donated to get a long cape anyway.

Also as a side note, gaming is probably the only thing I take semi-seriously and doesn't really reflect the way I live in any way lol.

Edit: Read through nickos' post and find it kind of funny how I actually notice the brain behind the brawn rather than individual player's ability. I guess it's due to my commander role though.
    I ask you the same questions.

Both of you have more experience in mage parties. I think I've done maybe 6 mage parties, and I mean 6 times running out in a mage party in my years of being a boob. Out of everything in KO, its something I never cared for. To me, a mage party is either free np or one giant collective asshole to stay far FAR away from.

Both of you have more experience in mage parties. I think I've done maybe 6 mage parties, and I mean 6 times running out in a mage party in my years of being a boob. Out of everything in KO, its something I never cared for. To me, a mage party is either free np or one giant collective asshole to stay far FAR away from.
    Been one of the leaders of one of the most successful English mage team for 2 years (There really are only 2 good English mage teams, let's be honest here). Been the main commander of the whole clan for 1,5 years. Been fucking around in random mage clans prior to that, but the only clan worth mentioning would be Animosity.

To make you understand my perspective better, I've played sin for 5+ years and priest for about 1,5 years, both BP and support. I find more fun in playing as a 8-man death machine and relying on more complex strategies using human psychology as my weapon rather than Z+Skill, duff and kill gameplay that melee parties often end up doing.

Edit: This is absolutely a topic hijack, but I'm guessing it's kind of free advertisement? Let me know if it's a bother.

Been one of the leaders of one of the most successful English mage team for 2 years (There really are only 2 good English mage teams, let's be honest here). Been the main commander of the whole clan for 1,5 years. Been fucking around in random mage clans prior to that, but the only clan worth mentioning would be Animosity.

To make you understand my perspective better, I've played sin for 5+ years and priest for about 1,5 years, both BP and support. I find more fun in playing as a 8-man death machine and relying on more complex strategies using human psychology as my weapon rather than Z+Skill, duff and kill gameplay that melee parties often end up doing.

Edit: This is absolutely a topic hijack, but I'm guessing it's kind of free advertisement? Let me know if it's a bother.
    lol thought this as I was typing.

I get you, it forces you to focus on more than one area of gameplay, positioning, timing, jukes, animation duration, possible counters etc etc, unlike most melee parties who would rather just run in and expect blue numbers to scroll in damage box.

Nova Party & Me: By Tedward

I hated them for being so pew pew.
    I loved them after learning how to counter .
    I hated them again after they learned to counter my counter.
    Finally, I respect them for controlling the way an entire map plays (the good ones anyway)

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

I haven't played many times in mage parties, just twice. And I have had the same feeling as I watch other mage party videos on youtube. All that time-save about making NPs and the fun to watch many people dying from your group, great experience.. gives you the idea that the server you're playing on is apart only of your party.

I'm more like a warrior guy because I like to get some attention regarding the kill notices :P Not only because it's the easiest class for killing but because at the time I used to play, my combo was very good ^^

Years passed since I last played with friends, so, the last time I played on a server I was an assassin, because I didn't want to join any clans or make any 'friends' there so, it was very important, somehow, to cure-heal-wolf-lup myself.

Besides, I don't like NP farming that much either. All that's important for me, about NPs, it's to reach the amount that's necessary to get at least a G2 clan... because cape and symbol is something fancy

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    I haven't played many times in mage parties, just twice. And I have had the same feeling as I watch other mage party videos on youtube. All that time-save about making NPs and the fun to watch many people dying from your group, great experience.. gives you the idea that the server you're playing on is apart only of your party.

I'm more like a warrior guy because I like to get some attention regarding the kill notices :P Not only because it's the easiest class for killing but because at the time I used to play, my combo was very good ^^

Years passed since I last played with friends, so, the last time I played on a server I was an assassin, because I didn't want to join any clans or make any 'friends' there so, it was very important, somehow, to cure-heal-wolf-lup myself.

Besides, I don't like NP farming that much either. All that's important for me, about NPs, it's to reach the amount that's necessary to get at least a G2 clan... because cape and symbol is something fancy
    Interesting, so many cats in this game play for so many different reasons. Some with friends, others lone wolf. And you're both still here after years of ins and outs, ups and downs. Someone should make a documentary of this game and interview players from both old and well known clans and players, as well as randoms who stand out on their own or with their squad. I think this would help not only the ko community, but the gaming community as a whole.

We(the ko community) only know each other by our combos, upgrades and 6 hour apostle parties and yet (for the most part) treat everyone like family.

I think Obama should have focused the Drug War on Knight Online :x

more complex strategies using human psychology as my weapon rather than Z+Skill, duff and kill gameplay
    U srs?

You all talking about KO here or a different game and I'm missing something?

Interesting, so many cats in this game play for so many different reasons. Some with friends, others lone wolf. And you're both still here after years of ins and outs, ups and downs. Someone should make a documentary of this game and interview players from both old and well known clans and players, as well as randoms who stand out on their own or with their squad. I think this would help not only the ko community, but the gaming community as a whole.

We(the ko community) only know each other by our combos, upgrades and 6 hour apostle parties and yet (for the most part) treat everyone like family.

I think Obama should have focused the Drug War on Knight Online :x
    +1 Man, the thing that stuck out to me when I quit many years ago were the conversations I had with bros doing paramums parties. You get a sense of brotherhood for sure when you chill with the same guys for hours talking about random shit grinding the same boring shit.

They should ask all non-turkish players what they think of turkish people after playing knights lol, that'll get some interesting replies

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    U srs?

You all talking about KO here or a different game and I'm missing something?
    Let's just say we play and experience the game differently. Everything from path choices to preemptive decision making etc. can be categorized as using human psychology. As in, what is my opponent going to do in this situation and how is he going to react to my specific actions.

Simple stuff really, but fun to play with.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Everything from path choices to preemptive decision making etc. can be categorized as using human psychology. As in, what is my opponent going to do in this situation and how is he going to react to my specific actions.
    eh fuck it, i need a good argument

earlier you said that you enjoy mage parties more than melee parties because of this reason but;

how does this not apply to melee parties exactly is what I don't understand? Couldn't one say this would apply even more to melee parties?

Let's just say we play and experience the game differently. Everything from path choices to preemptive decision making etc. can be categorized as using human psychology. As in, what is my opponent going to do in this situation and how is he going to react to my specific actions.

Simple stuff really, but fun to play with.
    You're talking about KO. The skill-cap in this game is terribly low and there isn't much room for movement within the game parameters, there are differences no doubt in the plays of good teams vs bad teams but it's not wildly different atall. If all of what you said above is what you enjoy why on earth are you playing it.

Don't get me wrong it's good fun, but don't act as if it's possible to play a whole lot better than the masses when it's really not. What you think is a form of "complicated" decision making on KO is standard practice in every other competitive game.

You're talking about KO. The skill-cap in this game is terribly low and there isn't much room for movement within the game parameters, there are differences no doubt in the plays of good teams vs bad teams but it's not wildly different atall. If all of what you said above is what you enjoy why on earth are you playing it.

Don't get me wrong it's good fun, but don't act as if it's possible to play a whole lot better than the masses when it's really not. What you think is a form of "complicated" decision making on KO is standard practice in every other competitive game.
    You may have forgotten that what we now consider standard practice was once in its own way beyond any scope of comprehension.
    Players like those still hanging around in these forums, paved the way for how we play the game today.

To a new player joining this community? Nothing standard about it.

That being said, there are teams, as well as individuals who simply play a whole lot better than others. Whether or not you choose to believe this in a game you've played for years is merely subjective opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    eh fuck it, i need a good argument

earlier you said that you enjoy mage parties more than melee parties because of this reason but;

how does this not apply to melee parties exactly is what I don't understand? Couldn't one say this would apply even more to melee parties?
    Not really. I can't really describe it well for it to make sense, but I feel like commanding a mage party is much more involving and requires more attention. I'm talking from a commander's perspective because the 7 individuals don't really make much difference as long as they're not completely retarded, basically trained monkeys are better than thinking idiots. Either way, I've been leading both melee and mage parties and for whatever reason I feel like the amount of knowledge required to succesfully lead a mage team in this time and day is much higher than that of a melee party commander.

As I said, I can't really explain it well. I guess it's more like there's much more reward for outplaying your opponent in a mage vs mage fight than melee vs melee. Your single decision will result in either victory or loss and one simple bait might wipe the entire enemy team.

I have done some testing by switching the leader of the mage team and pointing out mistakes they do in their commanding, which is how I've been trying to teach commanding to people. Anybody can just tell ppl to run to direction X and 3,2,1 nova. Easy right? Then why isn't this working? There are various of reasons why and mostly it has to do with positioning, situational awareness or not understanding basic mechanics.

"In location X enemies can come from directions Y and Z and those are the only directions I have to be vary of. If I move to direction Z, I will lure my enemies to location Y and we will have an upper hand based on the map structure."

Understanding the way people behave in certain situations will result in more wins than losses, as long as everything is working at a mechanical level. I'm not saying it's like rocket science, in fact it should be standard procedure, but it's something most KO players don't think about. Also, you're absolutely right. It's very normal in MOBAS and competetive games and it's not something familiar to KO. You can play KO with a brain dead mindset and have rather successful results, but there's no harm about trying a little harder?

P.S I do play other games besides KO. It's just something I've adapted after leading a team and having to find success from team work and strategy rather than individual skill. KO is a pretty dumb game considering 1 person can control 16 people and the only person who has to use his brain is the commander.

P.S2 I can pretty much name the flaws and reasons why my team loses to another team and losing is fine by me. The reason why this kind of strategic thinking makes a big difference is because mage teams effectiveness is measured simply by the amount of kills they can make in a time period. You in the other hand seem to have a mindset which prevents you from improving your gameplay.
    Last edited by Kallop; 05-18-2016 at 09:49 AM.

"In location X enemies can come from directions Y and Z and those are the only directions I have to be vary of. If I move to direction Z, I will lure my enemies to location Y and we will have an upper hand based on the map structure."
    I get it, you take positioning into account.... who doesn't? Doesn't really take any brains and it's common, even among turks.

I don't know why you're trying to make fairly simple shit that people have been doing for over a decade sound like an uncommon practice which you've personally theory crafted based on your wealth of game knowledge.

Games simple m8, some people are better than others but that's not solely (or mostly) dependent on the room for highly intelligent decision making, so stop acting like it. You're "strategic thinking", isn't really strategy at all, it's standard game play and has been for a long time.

I get it, you take positioning into account.... who doesn't? Doesn't really take any brains and it's common, even among turks.

I don't know why you're trying to make fairly simple shit that people have been doing for over a decade sound like an uncommon practice which you've personally theory crafted based on your wealth of game knowledge.

Games simple m8, some people are better than others but that's not solely (or mostly) dependent on the room for highly intelligent decision making, so stop acting like it. You're "strategic thinking", isn't really strategy at all, it's standard game play and has been for a long time.
    I believe this conversation has run it's course. It's quite clear it doesn't really matter what explanation I give to you, because it's not what you truly are looking for. I figured this was the case from the original post but decided to ignore it and take the bait, but whatever.

There's really nothing to be gained for me to keep this conversation going, so I'll accept your opinion. Play the game as you see fit, although I don't think it has been providing you with much result considering I have no idea who you are.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    08-21-2022, 06:42 PM
  2. Hits: 2
    10-06-2017, 10:01 AM
  3. Hits: 22
    08-22-2017, 03:34 PM
  4. Hits: 2
    05-06-2017, 07:54 AM
  5. Hits: 2
    05-04-2017, 04:55 AM
  6. Hits: 2