This is a discussion on APEXKO.COM | v2121 - A NEW DAWN (29.04.2016) | PK / LIGHT-FARM within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by razor
Events among other stuff give you more things to do, even yourself gotta admit that in ...
To be honest, server version doesnt matter to me, all i want is, the good server, which is they way you work,secure,smooth,balances,fix any bugs/exploits.
20xx version can do what you have in any previous version.
Thats will do this.
Server concept should be decide by polls, im up for anything as long as it playable and fair games.
To be honest all the gfx that has been changed won't change the game itself. You just need to get used to it. For example I myself hated dota 2 so bad because of the gfx. I kept playing WC3 dota until it just died out. From that moment I had no other option but to go and play that freaking dota 2. Took a while to get into this. After month or so I just got used to the gfx and I like dota2 even more.
What I'm trying to say is gfx does not change the game not one bit. It's just me or you who has hard time to get used to the changes. Like some old man going to pay his bills himself by walking to the bank and thinking internet is full of thives and will rob him in every corner.
I'm pretty sure I'll get used to this version. Tho I really hate those wings, they just make me wanna puke on whoever invented them to the game.
Edit: Maybe it's possible to make 2 clients. One for those who likes everything what were in 12xx on gfx side and one for those who likes wings and all that glowing stuff. Just a thought not sure if that's possible.
Or you can just delete the gfx files ... It won't do any harm to your client at all and you won't have to look at them for 1 sec anymore after you do so.
Remaining issue with speedhack detection has been fixed, so that seems to be working great now.
Also, we've improved collision detection, so it should no longer have problems with cutting corners now. It wasn't previously (because of the aforementioned issue), but it's now been enabled on alpha.
The issue list itself is rather small now; there's not been a great deal of visible activity lately as we've been spending a bit of time researching/reproducing/debugging the remaining issues (which are fairly time consuming, as the remaining bugs are very difficult to repro). Don't even get me started on #413, which - as far as I know - is just official behaviour right now (or well, for a couple of official versions ago -- we may need to update with official again, if they further worked on the stuns).
We also fixed an otherwise-unreported issue causing those using pre-Vista operating systems to disconnect from the server. That's in 2.041 (which isn't yet released, but at this stage, all that's in it is just that bug fix, a typo fix (Toll shamna -> Troll shaman), translated quest reward UIs, and a fixed minimap so you can see the full coords -- they don't get cut off, e.g. 1234,1234 showing as 1234,123).
Right now, where we're at with alpha is pretty far:
- Base game works fine (PMs, chat, inventory stuff, trading, merchanting, yada...)
- Upgrades (compounding accessories, regular upgrades, reverse unlocking) work fine.
- Skills [and skill proc'ing from items] works (minus the projectile delay check we've still not yet polished off & enabled; too busy fixing other things to potentially break it again )
- Miscellaneous features like manufacturing, fishing, mining works fine (the latter two still don't actually have data setup for them on alpha; but they're fine with data).
- Aside from the nomination notices being spammed for all eternity (i.e. when nomination's not actually started), the King system works fine. Still need to test this more thoroughly after I fix the issue with the notices, however.
- Events work (Forgotten Temple, Juraid Mountain, Chaos Dungeon, BDW, Bifrost, Monster Suppression Squad, Monster Stone).
CSW is still untested (one of the next things we need to test).
We also need to implement UTC at some point, but that's really - for the most part - just adding the bosses to the database, adding their spawn chains so chest mobs spawn on their death for each party to kill for their rewards, and implementing the few
special new skills for the bosses. Also adding the teleports, but again -- trivial and not really worth mentioning.
- Lunar War works, Dark Lunar War works (remaining DB issues with a couple of the NPC's neutralities were corrected).
Nereid's War (i.e. the boat war) was setup (really, the logic has been there from the start), but we haven't run it yet because we were trying to figure out which spawns were the supplies; nothing's named "supplies" or anything close to it in the client/database, and the monuments they use are generic so we can't really tie them to any other spawns added at the same time. Youtube is unhelpful, and official doesn't like running the war, ever (probably because of their victory logic bug, I guess). So if anyone can remember what they're named, or even have a screenshot of the supplies, that'd be really helpful. When we throw those in, we can finally give the war a test run.
Oreads was updated, but due to the currently reimplemented AI movement, the burning logs still don't quite work right now (same with Chaos Dungeon's saw blades). Movement handling was reimplemented, and these were forgotten -- they'll be reimplemented next though. Dying to test that one, I like that war.
Getting the AI logic right is generally the largest issue left at this stage, as all of the AI logic was reimplemented and thus is lacking a lot of the official quirks (which were mostly unintentional bugs, or caused by the fact the official server is so sluggish...). At some point we're considering supporting scripted mobs (think custom bosses!), but that's just not a huge priority at this stage. Its current design kept that in mind, however, so it shouldn't be too painful to do so, when/if we get to it.
In terms of cheating:
- [Skill] Cast time checks are supported & accurately matching the model's cast times (so you're forced to wait the cast time, the same as you are in the client. NOTE: This doesn't affect comboing, because our cast time checks behave as they do in the client).
- [Skill] Cooldown checks are implemented appropriately (i.e. on hit for some skills, on flying for others), and the shared cooldown for specific consumable items is implemented (NOTE: may still be a - very - specific case of cooldown abuse we need to check out, but otherwise -- for all other skills, it works great).
- [Skill] Missing projectile delay checks (which are totally going to temporarily break things until we refine it :-p), but there's not a lot else to do right now, so... geronimo! (this will stop players from being instantly hit by projectiles without fear of it missing).
- [Skill] Thorough sequence checks, so you're forced to actually go through the appropriate process for the skill and not skip things like the casting/flying stage.
- [Skill] Required equipped items are checked, as per the client (so no dagger hack with arrows, or anything like that).
- [Skill] Obviously, hostility & general requirement checks (such as ranges, "can't use me in x zone or y area", etc) are implemented.
- [Skill] Stealth handling is moved server-side, so there's no way to abuse that to view stealthed players you shouldn't be able to see.
- [Movement] Players can't run further than they're allowed to, according to the player's current speed on the server's side.
- [Movement] Players can't run faster than they're allowed to, according to the player's current speed on the server's side.
- [Movement] Players can't abuse sending movement updates too quickly to move the player in small chunks.
- [Movement] Players can't run through objects/walls.
- [Movement] Players can't hack their height level to be unable to be attacked (i.e. failing 3D dist checks).
- [NPC/objects] Players can't use any NPC (e.g. inn, or technically anvil) or object (e.g. warp gate) from far away.
... and lots, lots, more than I can possibly write up.
Work's also been going into preparing the database for the eventual beta stage (drops, XP rates, etc), as we're getting closer and closer to it. No ETA yet, but there's really not all that much left to do at this stage.
Can't wait until all of these remaining time-consuming issues are crossed off.
Last edited by twostars; 01-04-2015 at 04:59 AM. Reason: I accidentally a word or two
Working hard!!!! I hope at the end everything pays off to you.
twostars, how is it going with your server? don't get me wrong on this one but i think people right now are awaiting some news about when you'll launch the beta stage, since it's quite some time on alpha right now people probably are getting curious. is there any information you can give us so far like how far are you with fixing bugs and preparing the server? maybe give us some percentage of what's done and what has to be done?
EDIT: i've just read the previous post that actually answered my questions.
issue tracker excluding a lot of the non-essential client enhancements -- or specifically, for the server bugs (need to go update it with the few new reports on the forums), but off the top of my head:
- Fix any bugs with collision
- Fine-tune & enable projectile delay checks for skills (edit: I keep saying 'implement', but we implemented it already. We really just need to fine-tune it to be less aggressive before we enable it on alpha and find out how much it really breaks -- if anything).
- Figure out model for Nereids war supplies so we can have them spawned, and we can test it.
- Reimplement support in AI movement for Chaos saw blade damage & burnings logs in Oreads, then we can test Oreads.
- Check over & test CSW
- Fix bug with King nomination notice spam & test King nominations/elections. Actually, probably need to update the election stuff as I'm pretty sure that changed.
- Implement UTC event zone (maybe Krowaz too, but we have no official source for spawns etc as the zone's disabled now -- nothing in that zone that's actually special anyway, unlike UTC which has bosses using skills of a new type)
- Implement remaining NPC scripts
- Any other remaining unmentioned issues on the issue tracker (and forums)
- (also, finishing with beta rates)
Once that's done, we can start working out a feasible date for beta (leaving plenty of time for advertising).
Dunno if it helps but yesterday I went into server to check it out cos im plannin to make a KO COMEBACK and EVERYTHING is incredibly good i love u man! but there aer 2 things that bugged for me yesterday
1) in moradon I couldnt pass main (middle) stairs, was fallin down
2) wherever I tped I couldnt move instantly I had to wait 2 sec because if I did i was ported back to port location asap
gl looking forward to give this server a try / aka will rock there!
The bug with warping back *should* (I think) be fixed now; turns out mgame updated something they'd left since 1.098 (in... UTC), which messed up warping a bit and then caused further movement checks to fail because the client wasn't where the server expected it to be. Ugh. That's fixed now though, so fingers crossed that's all you were experiencing.
Aesteris is actually checking those things out now.
Thanks for your feedback!
2stars will u make reward system for repporting bugs ? and same for repporting cheaters on official ?