Page 260 of 390 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 5836
Like Tree60Likes

Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT

This is a discussion on Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Just logged in after a whole year and holy shit its packed here! This is what it should have been ...
Page: 260

Just logged in after a whole year and holy shit its packed here! This is what it should have been from the start.Definitely best sw out there SeemsGood

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

over 230+ people on CSW today, server is pretty good

just give us utc already

Today's changelog:

• PVP symbols now get reset on rankings updates, so there's no more duplicate symbols while those players are logged in. Note: due to client limitations, if you're in the same area as the person with the symbol when it changes, you won't see the change -- you'll naturally see it update after a while when you re-enter their area. Also because of client limitations, the players with the symbols themselves still won't visually lose them until they relog.
    • Made some improvements to a NPC lookup, so clients don't get too overwhelmed dealing with it (which was missed in the previous patch).
    • Fixed a bug with the mail system; if you mail someone with trailing whitespace in the name (e.g. "BlahName "), the recipient -- if online -- will still get the letter & notification. Previously they needed to relog for this.
    • Implement some pretty major optimisations affecting all region-related requests. This in particular should, aside from reducing bandwidth usage & helping out the frame rate a little, also resolve the crash occasionally experienced when changing zones. Note: as this is quite a major change to the backend, it's possible an odd bug or 2 slipped through regarding this, so if you observe any weird problems (e.g. people not disappearing, or getting stuck... or something), please let us know immediately.
    • Fixed a bug causing clans trying to create an alliance after a restart to receive "error 5".
    • Backend logging changes/improvements, mostly event-related.
    • Fixed a bug with Nation Transfers; they should no longer (occasionally) miss a character.
    • Tweaked chat behaviour; normal chat sends to a much larger area now (previously - with official behaviour - you could be talking to someone and be still fairly close to them with them not able to "hear" you at all). Shouting now covers the entire zone (at least, that instance).
    Hopefully we can let things settle a bit now; too many large scale changes lately (mostly because of the new client -_-). Have a few client-related things building up, so we'll probably have the client patch up for those soon (some of the party list issues, for instance).
    Last edited by twostars; 08-22-2016 at 03:49 AM.

some fun pk on apex:

https://youtu.be/8O5DVRr5YJs

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    some fun pk on apex:

https://youtu.be/8O5DVRr5YJs
    Still waiting for first BL video :/
    Music is a bit iffy, otherwise good vid

Banned Senior Member

thanks for gms for listen retards bloodline and kill server that was active as fuck
    all mages already left server and meles are leaving also

RIP APEXKO

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalOne View Post
    thanks for gms for listen retards bloodline and kill server that was active as fuck
    all mages already left server and meles are leaving also

RIP APEXKO
    you're so fucking retarded dude

just go jump of a fucking bridge

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ISpitOnYourGrave View Post
    you're so fucking retarded dude

just go jump of a fucking bridge
    Stfu noobie go lick Chris balls

Patch 2.087 was released! Lot of party bar love, and well, other things that I'm sure people care about. But really, it's all about the party bar hype~

Changelog post here: Patch notes (08/25/2016) - Patch notes / Yama notlar? / Notas del parche - ApexKO
    • Fixed a bug with the range of warrior AoE skills, which caused them to hit more targets than was possible officially. This means things are back to the way they used to be ~2 weeks ago before any complaints regarding the skills, aside from warriors frequently failing the cast (which remains fixed). We're sorry for the unnecessary debate on the issue, as the problem was simply the result of an unnecessary mistake on our behalf. ^_^
    • The chat shouting range has been reverted to its official behaviour.
    • Implemented support for the seeking party list filters.
    • Fixed several bugs related to the numpad enter key (e.g. using it while/after warping bugged the chat bar); it now behaves identically to the regular enter key.
    • Fixed a bug with the party list's right-click menu; previously, if you clicked a button (e.g. Promote/Kick) while hovering over another player, it would target & use that button's function on them instead of the intended player, effectively causing players to be kicked/promoted "at random".
    • Moved the party bar's default position out of the corner, as it was simply obnoxious to try to grab it from underneath the genie UI & notice bar.
    • The party bar's position is now saved when you logout.
    • When you target a party member (e.g. via X or clicking on their model), their party frame is now also targeted.
    • Fixed a bug breaking duel requests (which was introduced in the last maintenance).
    • Initial DoT ticks are no longer applied instantly.
    • Increased the runtime of Forgotten Temple to 30min (+ 5min for signup).
    • Fixed a bug with the zone user list causing players to not all be listed.
    • Reworked stealth logic to allow for the fade out/in effects & better allowing for them to be dispelled while doing so (previously, due to technical/hack prevention reasons, players would simply disappear/reappear).
    • Failing siege transformations in Delos now provides more specific error messages.
    • Increased NPC value of all high-class items dropped by monsters in Ronark Land to be higher in order to add more farm back into the game and remove obstacles for newcomers.
    • Fixed a visual bug with Chaotic Generator exchanges.
    Have fun!
    Last edited by twostars; 08-25-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Apexko:

The admins,game masters on this server are the worst ive ever had on any server reasons:
    1: never online
    2: 50% never played knight online
    3: They dont fix bugs while people full report.

Then we talk about upgrade rates. in begin apex with tears it was 60% somewhere in april they said 75% and later it was 65%????? which isnt true either because if you have a full invetory +5revs you will end up with 2 +6revs:P

then we start about Nerfing&Buffing

They had like 30 mage clans on their server.
    what they do?
    First mage nerf patch nerfed damage.
    second mage nerf patch decreased stun rate
    first buff patch they buffed warriors their aoe

all mages gone. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

gj apexko gj best server

Vivaldi: (never actually played it)

PS: TwoStars,Aesteris my cousin 8 year old wants to be a Admin he never played knight online aswell so i think he is ready for it.

Nice signature!

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotPwndByMyAss View Post
    Apexko:

The admins,game masters on this server are the worst ive ever had on any server reasons:

Then we talk about upgrade rates. in begin apex with tears it was 60% somewhere in april they said 75% and later it was 65%????? which isnt true either because if you have a full invetory +5revs you will end up with 2 +6revs:P

what they do?

gj apexko gj best server

PS: TwoStars,Aesteris my cousin 8 year old wants to be a Admin he never played knight online aswell so i think he is ready for it.
    you are so correct man, everyone dumb and you are the best, now gtfo and go play with adi tnx!

Banned Senior Member

Apexko:

what they do?

gj apexko gj best server

all because ur retarded clan came to apex and start cry everywhere about mage dmg and stun go away and stfu loser open ur own server bastard

Apexko:

I mean I was awake all night babysitting the server while our rack switch was awaiting being replaced, and throughout that time there were several GMs around -- mostly Alpha, liaising with you guys.

Give me an example of something that we've "neglected" that's actually fully reproducible with the information provided, please. 9 times out of 10, if an issue still exists like that it's because there's simply not enough info provided (and/or it simply happens too infrequently). We look into them, but all it usually takes is that 1 little bit of info on reproducing them to get anywhere with them.

The biggest issue left ATM is what, the client occasionally makes animation times fast or slower, which isn't even a problem on our end -- it just means the server isn't too happy with the cast times (why would we allow a faster cast time?).
    As it happens infrequently, the players I've contacted regarding this (who reported them) aren't even up for testing it since it's unlikely they'll be able to verify one way or the other. So it's not just us.

We've looked into this several times -- I even spent most of the day looking into it yesterday, since there was nothing more immediate to fix. Without being able to reproduce it or have someone that does, it just feels like such a hopeless issue to look into. Not that I don't; but without knowing FOR SURE what causes it, and then not being able to verify if any change is going to affect it (since I can't reproduce it) to track down what it is causing it... let alone verify it'll fix it, it's fairly ugh.

I'm not sure why this isn't an issue on USKO, to be honest. If it is (which it should be!), most likely the only reason they allow the casts is because they're not remotely as thorough with their cast checks.

If there's anything *else* that doesn't stem off that main issue there, please -- I'm happy to look into it. Why do you think I fixed the party bar stuff in the last client patch? It'd been sitting there for a long while and there was not all that much else that needed dealing with (to my knowledge, anyway). Give me stuff to fix! D:

IDK about this one, but upgrade rates don't tend to be touched unless it's because the upgrade itself is broken. Unless the rate came from Aesteris himself (and he doesn't usually mention them), any rates mentioned are speculation. That's just how it is.

what they do?
    first mage nerf patch nerfed damage.

Oooh boy. Alright.
    1. Mage damage was "nerfed" because the damage calc was wrong. The damages weren't accurate. That's all that was. Under no circumstance was that change unjustified; the calculation was behaving very, very wrong. (sidenote: we're aware of elemental damage not looking quite right, so you may find they get "buffed" a little again when that's dealt with D: ).
    2. Stun/slow rates are just an ongoing process. Not much I can say about this, but it's difficult to say how this works officially anymore, since mostly the rates are server-sided and they've changed how it worked from older clients. If you've been around us for a while, you'll know we've tweaked these a fair bit over time. Stuns are still pretty frequent ATM though, so I'm not sure why this is even really a problem for mages. It really didn't change all that much.
    3. Warrior AoE wasn't "buffed" so much as it was fixed. They couldn't often even cast their skills before because the range was broken in the server; the server rejected the casts, even though the client knew the range was perfectly acceptable. In doing so yes, we also accidentally touched the skill's radius, which was a mistake on our part (and why there was so many complaints on it shortly after), but that particular mistake was reverted not that long after when we realised what happened. Warriors are pretty much as they were before the complaints, so there's not really much to say about them now.

Cool. Give him a few years & then point him our way. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I mean I was awake all night babysitting the server while our rack switch was awaiting being replaced, and throughout that time there were several GMs around -- mostly Alpha, liaising with you guys.

Give me an example of something that we've "neglected" that's actually fully reproducible with the information provided, please. 9 times out of 10, if an issue still exists like that it's because there's simply not enough info provided (and/or it simply happens too infrequently). We look into them, but all it usually takes is that 1 little bit of info on reproducing them to get anywhere with them.

The biggest issue left ATM is what, the client occasionally makes animation times fast or slower, which isn't even a problem on our end -- it just means the server isn't too happy with the cast times (why would we allow a faster cast time?).
    As it happens infrequently, the players I've contacted regarding this (who reported them) aren't even up for testing it since it's unlikely they'll be able to verify one way or the other. So it's not just us.

We've looked into this several times -- I even spent most of the day looking into it yesterday, since there was nothing more immediate to fix. Without being able to reproduce it or have someone that does, it just feels like such a hopeless issue to look into. Not that I don't; but without knowing FOR SURE what causes it, and then not being able to verify if any change is going to affect it (since I can't reproduce it) to track down what it is causing it... let alone verify it'll fix it, it's fairly ugh.

I'm not sure why this isn't an issue on USKO, to be honest. If it is (which it should be!), most likely the only reason they allow the casts is because they're not remotely as thorough with their cast checks.

If there's anything *else* that doesn't stem off that main issue there, please -- I'm happy to look into it. Why do you think I fixed the party bar stuff in the last client patch? It'd been sitting there for a long while and there was not all that much else that needed dealing with (to my knowledge, anyway). Give me stuff to fix! D:

IDK about this one, but upgrade rates don't tend to be touched unless it's because the upgrade itself is broken. Unless the rate came from Aesteris himself (and he doesn't usually mention them), any rates mentioned are speculation. That's just how it is.

Oooh boy. Alright.
    1. Mage damage was "nerfed" because the damage calc was wrong. The damages weren't accurate. That's all that was. Under no circumstance was that change unjustified; the calculation was behaving very, very wrong. (sidenote: we're aware of elemental damage not looking quite right, so you may find they get "buffed" a little again when that's dealt with D: ).
    2. Stun/slow rates are just an ongoing process. Not much I can say about this, but it's difficult to say how this works officially anymore, since mostly the rates are server-sided and they've changed how it worked from older clients. If you've been around us for a while, you'll know we've tweaked these a fair bit over time. Stuns are still pretty frequent ATM though, so I'm not sure why this is even really a problem for mages. It really didn't change all that much.
    3. Warrior AoE wasn't "buffed" so much as it was fixed. They couldn't often even cast their skills before because the range was broken in the server; the server rejected the casts, even though the client knew the range was perfectly acceptable. In doing so yes, we also accidentally touched the skill's radius, which was a mistake on our part (and why there was so many complaints on it shortly after), but that particular mistake was reverted not that long after when we realised what happened. Warriors are pretty much as they were before the complaints, so there's not really much to say about them now.

Cool. Give him a few years & then point him our way. ^_^
    why did you even waste time replying to this imbecile? your team did a great job with the server and tried their best to satisfy the players. I'd like to see him make his own server and have just 10% of the players Apexko had at it's peak.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    08-21-2022, 06:42 PM
  2. Hits: 2
    10-06-2017, 10:01 AM
  3. Hits: 22
    08-22-2017, 03:34 PM
  4. Hits: 2
    05-06-2017, 07:54 AM
  5. Hits: 2
    05-04-2017, 04:55 AM
  6. Hits: 2