Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Twostars and snoxd whats going on?

This is a discussion on Twostars and snoxd whats going on? within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I've tried pm'ing you in the past and so have quite a few others to with no avail, can you ...
Page: 1

Default Twostars and snoxd whats going on?

I've tried pm'ing you in the past and so have quite a few others to with no avail, can you please give us an answer on to what is happening with snoxd, you may of got fedup with it, but we the people who used it regularly would like to know whats the future for it? there are years and years worth of content, good content that a lot of people would still like to use, yet its not accessible even via way back machine, I'm not asking you or others to throw it back online but at least give us access so we can backup the content and possibly re-release it under another forum.
    Truffles likes this.

I've already answered this in this thread, but it's gone and not coming back.

Sorry.

Edit: As for the content, you can find it on 9 million different turkish sites. It's out there, don't worry.
    nickos3 likes this.

You can also surf trough Index of /rawcontent/index.php/topic

Regards
    SirKaoS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I've already answered this in this thread, but it's gone and not coming back.

Sorry.

Edit: As for the content, you can find it on 9 million different turkish sites. It's out there, don't worry.
    what about all the topics they were created and answered, wasnt just the content of uploads and download's was also the content that people had posted on and replied, can you at least upload the forum or put it online for a week so we can download the content, there were a lot of topics, files and so much more that were user created and answered not only by you, i mean there was 1 topic i was reading about tbl encryption that went down between a few people you mainly and timmeh, can you not at least do us all a favor (whats left on the dev community) and just upload or give us a place to download all of its content, i'm not asking i'm begging.
    PoyrazBilisim likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    what about all the topics they were created and answered, wasnt just the content of uploads and download's was also the content that people had posted on and replied, can you at least upload the forum or put it online for a week so we can download the content, there were a lot of topics, files and so much more that were user created and answered not only by you, i mean there was 1 topic i was reading about tbl encryption that went down between a few people you mainly and timmeh, can you not at least do us all a favor (whats left on the dev community) and just upload or give us a place to download all of its content, i'm not asking i'm begging.
    If you haven't noticed my post above, it has FULL content of what SNOXD had, including comments, no need to keep bothering twostars with this, most of the stuff is already available on KO-FOX and other forums anyway, time to move to turkish forums

Quote Originally Posted by SexyLittleAnimal View Post
    If you haven't noticed my post above, it has FULL content of what SNOXD had, including comments, no need to keep bothering twostars with this, most of the stuff is already available on KO-FOX and other forums anyway, time to move to turkish forums
    this going to stay up for future reference or am i going to need to dl everything for backup?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    this going to stay up for future reference or am i going to need to dl everything for backup?
    I'll keep it up, you are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyLittleAnimal View Post
    I'll keep it up, you are good to go.
    appreciated.

Big developer and C++ source code programmer like you still needs snoxd?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincents View Post
    It's not for myself, its for someone else who's interested in learning still, i actually gave up talking to you ages ago, because well your just salty and immature still, just to let you know there's no user on the forum called Mattish, so your picture in your signature is photoshoped, keep pretending people still care weather your inside or outside of that rock you live under.
    SirKaoS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincents View Post
    Not taking a side here, but even a really good C++ developer might find the content in Snoxd useful.

I do agree with Sephiroth about the lost content. I also did read the main topic about snoxd and if he says that you can find all content in turkish forums, why it's a big deal to let someone else continue it as BitShift and some others suggested?
    Everyone contributed to it in some way, even those who came and show up only with questions without sharing stuffs as some of us were always expecting to, they also contribute in some way by asking questions(not to include the users that didn't search before posting), because they brought up some bugs or informative questions sometimes that made the more experienced developers thinking of new ideas and new fixes.
    It's always nice to see how people starting to find KO interesting and help them out, without being arrogant or inpatient to them.
    But let's be honest, even if twostars did most of the contributions on snoxd, it's still belongs to the community who took part in it.
    There are always some people who starting to find KO development interesting as we all did before.
    The last year i started working for a company and that's why i don't find much interest and time into KO development as i used to do before, but i found a job in that area just because KO brought my interest into programming and I'm not claiming to be a master, but I'm learning every day as we all do.

So my reply is not meant to be "Introduce your self", it's more meant to be, as giving a chance to the people who finding interest into KO development.
    I'm sure Snoxd would be the perfect start for them, especially those that don't know the Turkish language.
    Making Snoxd as archive is not that effective as making it live with people that help each other as normal community forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilad View Post
    But let's be honest, even if twostars did most of the contributions on snoxd, it's still belongs to the community who took part in it.
    Then you pay for it.
    Vincents likes this.

Then you pay for it.
    Not sure what you mean, but if you are talking about the web hosting costs we were paying for it. I paid, a few others paid, and some other guy donated $50 in one go. So if the point you are trying to make is that the community isn't willing to pay money to keep Snoxd online you're obviously wrong.

When it comes to this type of stuff communication is key. When some guy donates $50 I'm not going to keep track of when the next unpaid invoice will occur. You have to keep us informed.

It just adds tension to the whole situation when you blame the community for a decision you made.
    Gilad likes this.

Then you pay for it.
    a lot of have said if you throw over the content we will host it

Yet even if he does that there is no use of it again,none of us have the sufficient knowledge to support it.
    He had the answer to pretty much everything,even if we do group we won't be able to re-create that. (Which was the most important thing on there)

Best would be to simple let it go,i did and i feel better.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast