Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

|[OriginalKO]| - [KE FARM/EXP] Return

This is a discussion on |[OriginalKO]| - [KE FARM/EXP] Return within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Vincents I could care less what you think about it looking intentional, I have no reason to ...
Page: 2


  1. #16
    MrsNight
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincents View Post
    I could care less what you think about it looking intentional, I have no reason to spread virus's or gain a reputation of doing so - I have a server of my own.
    And I think you are failing to read ours as well. We are given a download, we CANT upload it to VirusTotal where you want us to scan it, YOU expect US to take you for your word when WE suffered the damage to our pcs from the virus we downloaded from the site YOU are telling us is safe. Other private servers allow you to upload the Option and even have an icon...not an option.exe. Why doesn't this one allow it?

    In the same conversation you say the server is not yours yet you are the one defending the hell out of it. If it isn't yours, how can you be so certain what is being done to it other than what YOU are doing to it. It is a FACT that 6 people have gotten the same virus from the same download yet all you continue to do is basically call us liars and continue to promote an infected download. If my reputation was on the line I sure as hell wouldn't be promoting it until I was 100% certain.

    I know enough about false positives to know that false positives DONT EAT YOUR FILES AND SPREAD THROUGHOUT YOUR COMPUTER!!!!!!! Instead of ignoring all of us who are telling you about the virus, do everything you can to find it and eliminate it and if that means running more than one type of virus scan then so be it.

  2. #17
    Senior Member Vincents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsNight View Post
    And I think you are failing to read ours as well. We are given a download, we CANT upload it to VirusTotal where you want us to scan it, YOU expect US to take you for your word when WE suffered the damage to our pcs from the virus we downloaded from the site YOU are telling us is safe. Other private servers allow you to upload the Option and even have an icon...not an option.exe. Why doesn't this one allow it?

    In the same conversation you say the server is not yours yet you are the one defending the hell out of it. If it isn't yours, how can you be so certain what is being done to it other than what YOU are doing to it. It is a FACT that 6 people have gotten the same virus from the same download yet all you continue to do is basically call us liars and continue to promote an infected download. If my reputation was on the line I sure as hell wouldn't be promoting it until I was 100% certain.

    I know enough about false positives to know that false positives DONT EAT YOUR FILES AND SPREAD THROUGHOUT YOUR COMPUTER!!!!!!! Instead of ignoring all of us who are telling you about the virus, do everything you can to find it and eliminate it and if that means running more than one type of virus scan then so be it.
    You say the sky is green, I say it's blue. That's basically what this argument is.

    I understand your frustration, however I have provided all I can. If you do not wish to play, don't. It is not my server, however I am defending it because these are my files. I have researched the virus you claim to of gotten from it - and that virus definition says that the virus can spread throughout exe's located on the computer -- so who is to blame?

    I am now officially done with this topic - I've done all I can, said enough. People are playing, some aren't - at the end of the day it is what it is.

    And for the last time, virustotal scans the file using MULTIPLE anti-viruses, including anyone you may have installed on your PC.

  3. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I did scan it through Virustotal but only after i cleaned the W32/sality out of with the heal command on my avg, it wouldnt upload unless i did that and my results are still differant then the ones you posted.

    Option.exe- VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

    oh, and the backdoor that is in it is pretty bad to, and not a false/positive. that was actually one i missed the first time after being so wrapped up with the w32/sality


    They are your files that have been altered by whoever you gave them to and I am guess that person is Rafael, but they are Indeed altered because your scan of the option.exe is not the same one that is given to the public. It is a shame because I was looking forward to playing that server but trust me, I am definatly staying away even if there are claimes that its fixed because that has already been said two differant times. Also, anytime I see this server being promoted I will send the red flag and let them all know they will get infected with viruses, worms and backdoors if they download it. And you ask who is at fault after it spreads, its the dumbasses fault who put it in the file.
    Last edited by NightBreed; 07-25-2011 at 09:07 PM.

  4. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Something else I just noticed, the option.exe that you keep claiming is safe, is not the same one that is being given to the public in the download.

  5. #20
    MrsNight
    Guest

    Default

    Notice the first date seen on each of the results.....

    Yours was first seen in 2009 and the one from the download from OriginalKO site is new.

  6. #21
    Senior Member Vincents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Only explanation would be if Rafael is infected (his pc) and in turn got the .exe infected, the virus description says it spreads to files on the system, could be possible.

    I will check with him tomorrow when he wakes up.

  7. #22
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Unsafe server , don't play :s

  8. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincents View Post
    Only explanation would be if Rafael is infected (his pc) and in turn got the .exe infected, the virus description says it spreads to files on the system, could be possible.

    I will check with him tomorrow when he wakes up.
    Actually that may very well be, his computer could be infected and since w32?sality spreads to pretty much all exe files he could be infecting it unintentionally.

  9. #24
    MrsNight
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincents View Post
    Only explanation would be if Rafael is infected (his pc) and in turn got the .exe infected, the virus description says it spreads to files on the system, could be possible.

    I will check with him tomorrow when he wakes up.

    Thank you!

  10. #25
    MrsNight
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    Unsafe server , don't play :s
    Did you get a virus too?

  11. #26
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsNight View Post
    Did you get a virus too?
    omg it's mrsNight :O

    -edit

    and nightbreed old names to remember.... ah

  12. #27
    MrsNight
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MINO View Post
    omg it's mrsNight :O

    -edit

    and nightbreed old names to remember.... ah
    Alive and well and back playing KO....somewhat playing anyways..lol.

  13. #28
    Senior Member herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    230

    Default

    I also had the same virus from the option.exe
    and i downloaded the new client from your ko panel
    had to a system restore form like a week ago fuking shitty private servers host sort your client out before you release them

  14. #29
    Senior Member 4YouNoHealStupiD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightBreed View Post
    Their option.exe is NOT fixed, it still contains the very dangerous W32/sality virus, and dont let them fool you, it IS NOT a false positive.

    i upload my option.exe ( is impossible to have virus) because is from another ko

  15. #30
    Senior Member Arca_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Brussels - Belgium
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    possibly the worst admin ever :<

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. Hits: 1
    05-01-2012, 07:42 PM
  2. Hits: 1
    07-26-2011, 07:54 PM
  3. Hits: 1
    07-26-2011, 10:22 AM
  4. Hits: 1
    07-26-2011, 09:28 AM
  5. Hits: 1
    07-26-2011, 09:18 AM
  6. Hits: 7
    07-26-2011, 08:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •