Page 152 of 279 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 4182
Like Tree786Likes

ProfessionalKO | Lv. 72 USKO 1298/1453 Farm-PK | OFFICIAL: 15.12.2023 at 22:00 UTC+3

This is a discussion on ProfessionalKO | Lv. 72 USKO 1298/1453 Farm-PK | OFFICIAL: 15.12.2023 at 22:00 UTC+3 within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Jamm1n You never answer my PM's so here is a last attempt. Today you banned a friend ...
Page: 152

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jamm1n View Post
    You never answer my PM's so here is a last attempt. Today you banned a friend of mine on ProfKo. He works with me on the same office.

I know for sure 3 players that play KO from that office. I know because 2 of them talked me into coming back to KO. ILambOfGod and xxCelloxx. I'm Combo on your server.

Cello is our boss lol. He has never cheated or scammed or anything. No idea why you have banned his PC, and as to that name mercader... we trully have no idea who that is. Me and Lamb are on our 30s and Cello is over 40.

We are all adults with succesful careers. No need to hack or scam or anything. Again, this are just words. So I'm asking you for a way to proove it. At least for a way to proove Cello isn't Mercader. Or maybe tell us what Mercader did to deserve a ban and that way we can provide proove that Cello isn't him. I know for a fact he never used the forum before. I know because he always asked me or Lamb to look for stuff there.

I'll give it a couple days for you to answer. Then we will just look for a new server. We are enjoying yours so I hope to hear from you and we can clear things up.
    Maybe I should ban ILambOfGod Mobydick and Combo instead ?

Banned Senior Member

Maybe provide why you are banning either like he asked? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy123 View Post
    Maybe provide why you are banning either like he asked? O.o
    He knows who MercaderVagabundo is.

You can do as you wish since it's your server. I won't even charge back since I honestly have enjoyed my time there. Except for the one dude who scammed me ofc.

I saw the link you gave to Cello and it is 100% ban worthy, from the forum. From the game ? Your call.

P.D. Vamos Peru !!!! We fuckin just tied New Zealand on the 1st leg and will for sure take the win on the match in Lima in order to go to the world cup =D

Quote Originally Posted by Jamm1n View Post
    You can do as you wish since it's your server. I won't even charge back since I honestly have enjoyed my time there. Except for the one dude who scammed me ofc.

I saw the link you gave to Cello and it is 100% ban worthy, from the forum. From the game ? Your call.

P.D. Vamos Peru !!!! We fuckin just tied New Zealand on the 1st leg and will for sure take the win on the match in Lima in order to go to the world cup =D
    The link I sent to celo was nothing if we compare it with the stuff that was written on shoutbox. Anyway, since you no longer say that you don't know this guy, that's more than enough to ignore this case and to move on.

Banned Senior Member

Even though the data might be compensated through Grobars sources as you are saying, we should know that even weeks after data being available to specific players nobody was hacked and 90% of the list didnt lost anything. Its not coming from Grobars server and this should be an easy solution for admin as everything is in logs. =.= He just randomly ban innocent unknown people.

Noone of the players were ever tricked or done harm.
    Sole reason for such incidents is due professionalko has to die sooner. ( if he leave doors open its totally hes fault) If ever anyone hack a server or if server losing players it is Admin fault.

You cant blame players if server is getting attacks or anything. Its admin server let him show how good he really is.

The damage is onesided, right?

If talking about Grobars server, the players plays there because they feel save and enjoy the administrating and setup.

I dont know why so many people are mad on ProffKO and wanna harm it... I guess its not because of nickos it it?

On topic: Nobody reported of being hacked when nickos was having troubles because of 1 guy suddenly lose all items... Check logs dude and return items are you a moron? What you did is several restarts..

On proffKO: SOACS is kinda cool for certain things but to be an actual Anti Hack security is far from what. Since day 1 on server there is an epic koxp available from turks offering really cheap like 1 mcdonalds meal and yeah its workng great without problems.
    Than we have ofc (AntiLR,AntiRCancel,Auto tp,auto heal,auto loot,boss detector and many more including using 920 and soul at same time).. This is a big problem as more and more ppl using.

Be safe, if you cant manage server you will be discrowded soon enough, if you can than wear gloves, people are mad - ban list is fuking enormous.

Banned Senior Member

What the fuck did you just say? My god you are retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Masta View Post
    Sole reason for such incidents is due professionalko has to die sooner. ( if he leave doors open its totally hes fault) If ever anyone hack a server or if server losing players it is Admin fault.

You cant blame players if server is getting attacks or anything. Its admin server let him show how good he really is.
    You're right, if the server was hacked then that's his fault.

... but nobody hacked the server, so you're going off on a tangent about nothing.

All anybody did was use login data from another database to log into accounts here that used the same account/password. While it should've been much less of an issue from the start (i.e. forcing more complex password validation), players could still have used a more complex password on both servers in the first place and still be "hacked".

The fault there lies with the players who reused their account details on both servers, and those abusing the other server's database to login here. There's really not much else he could've done to fully prevent this.

But sure, blah blah server sucks, blah blah grobar's innocent, blah blah ProfessionalKO's fault. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.
    Breezy123 likes this.

Banned Senior Member

Noone cares. Problem is proffko existence nothing else. There is not a player to say anything bad against grobar with facts.

Nikos took some playerbase so i see nothing illegal if he gonna get fucked up. ProKO is a polygon

Do you have a proof tho? A lot of players didnt play any other server and got hacked. There is just 1 player that was hacked and he played that other server but its coincedence.

I would like to see proffko die soon if possible,koxp is killing slowly it should be faster

[QUOTE=Breezy123;3291071]What the fuck did you just say? My god you are retarded.[/QUOTE
    Diss? You are iamcoolz banned for this same thing just that u used to gain USD and ripped people for USD while anyone deal with Grobar has always the luxury service and safe money.
    Without problems

Banned Senior Member

Lol no one ripped any money, I never profited. You are an idiot. Someone’s a bit jealous of Professional KO.

Global-myko Senior Member deadhealer1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    You're right, if the server was hacked then that's his fault.

... but nobody hacked the server, so you're going off on a tangent about nothing.

All anybody did was use login data from another database to log into accounts here that used the same account/password. While it should've been much less of an issue from the start (i.e. forcing more complex password validation), players could still have used a more complex password on both servers in the first place and still be "hacked".

The fault there lies with the players who reused their account details on both servers, and those abusing the other server's database to login here. There's really not much else he could've done to fully prevent this.

But sure, blah blah server sucks, blah blah grobar's innocent, blah blah ProfessionalKO's fault. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

I can tell only one thing that really matters and it should end the argument about all this hacking.

The fault that led to people getting hacked is not Players fault. The fault is totally on the Administration of the server. How many servers were opened since first "Grobar Hacking"? Can anybody answer this? Damn right! Everyone knows that if you are in the " Private server community" You are joining to a server, you are joining to server when you know nothing about trust of the owner of the server. If we are smart enough to open servers and such... every Admin that puts him self into Category ''professional'' must know that Resetting everyone password by Administration will is a fucking must!. Otherwise you will get what we have now.

It is Administration fault that players from beginning were offered a weak password policy and nothing were changed until "you got bit by the balls". We are all smart people here, well most, so please don't tell me that you weren't expecting this to happen. You knew 100% that this day coming and you knew that you will blame players for not changing their passwords.

You know why there is laws? Why there is rules in our world. So when people cant protect themselves from themselves a law steps in. If we went by "Players fault" in real life then there would be a situation when somebody gets into a car accident and it was ''his fault'' for not wearing a seat belt(when there is no seat belt law).

As much as there are laws, there has to be laws in your server and you must protect players from themselves if you are trying to lead a successful server. On the other hand, if you are milking the money out of people knowing the server will die sooner or later, this is not professional and I want everyone to understand it.
    So please take the responsibility for this, the owner ... and stop this absurd.

ps; when im reffering to 'you' Im reffering to Administration of the server.

Quote Originally Posted by deadhealer1 View Post
    I can tell only one thing that really matters and it should end the argument about all this hacking.

The fault that led to people getting hacked is not Players fault. The fault is totally on the Administration of the server. How many servers were opened since first "Grobar Hacking"? Can anybody answer this? Damn right! Everyone knows that if you are in the " Private server community" You are joining to a server, you are joining to server when you know nothing about trust of the owner of the server. If we are smart enough to open servers and such... every Admin that puts him self into Category ''professional'' must know that Resetting everyone password by Administration will is a fucking must!. Otherwise you will get what we have now.

It is Administration fault that players from beginning were offered a weak password policy and nothing were changed until "you got bit by the balls". We are all smart people here, well most, so please don't tell me that you weren't expecting this to happen. You knew 100% that this day coming and you knew that you will blame players for not changing their passwords.

You know why there is laws? Why there is rules in our world. So when people cant protect themselves from themselves a law steps in. If we went by "Players fault" in real life then there would be a situation when somebody gets into a car accident and it was ''his fault'' for not wearing a seat belt(when there is no seat belt law).

As much as there are laws, there has to be laws in your server and you must protect players from themselves if you are trying to lead a successful server. On the other hand, if you are milking the money out of people knowing the server will die sooner or later, this is not professional and I want everyone to understand it.

I think people are fixating too much on assigning blame. It was an unfortunate incident that happened. All that really can be done has been done, nothing can change the past.
    There's plenty of blame to go around for everyone; nobody's blameless in it.

The players that were 'hacked' were the ones that chose to reuse their same login details on other servers. That's on them.
    Forcing them use a stricter password policy doesn't necessarily fix this. It was silly it was never enforced from the get-go (we've been doing it since before our server was released, so it's not really something that should've only been considered after an incident occurred). That's on the owner.
    Nor does forcing them to change their passwords when an issue is made known. In this case you have no way of knowing if the password they'll be forced to change it to is actually vulnerable, unless you had access to all potential data out there. For all you know, you may cause people to reuse passwords here (for argument's sake, anyway. I'm sure it will still help 99% of the time anyway, but I'm just pointing out it's not infallible).

These minimise potential damage. They don't fix it.

Above all else, blame also lies with the person actually abusing that data (and the people involved with why the data is even out there).

Don't get me wrong, I see where you're coming from, but you're making too many assumptions about an all-around terrible situation. There's only so much that can be done to stop people from making stupid mistakes, and even then they're still going to make them.

Why does who's fault even matter? We're not trying to prosecute anyone, or obtain legal compensation for getting "hacked". Your attempted analogy really misses the mark, I think.
    There's way too much focus on blaming someone. The truth is, it's everyone's fault.

If you have some foolproof method for preventing accounts from being 'hacked' via this method (Grobar's database or others), I'd really love to hear it.
    The only suggestion I have on that front is 2-factor auth (which the older client doesn't support, and even if it did players will likely opt-out of using).

Until then, I think some of you need to chill out and stop trying to trivialise problems that aren't trivial at all.
    Last edited by twostars; 11-13-2017 at 03:27 AM.
    nickos3, Breezy123 and Kallop like this.

You're Ilya, owner of globako, am I right ?

So let's get started.

As much as it is our fault, the players who were hacked have had the same responsibility securing their accounts.

Stronger passwords would prevent those accounts from getting hacked just because there has never been a 1298 server (that I'm aware of ) out there that did not allow weak passwords. People were free to type in whatever they liked.
    How about taking a look on yours ? Since you've copied 90% of our website features, I'm pretty sure that you can apply our latest changes too.

Let's say that you're playing a game that uses your email as ID and it supports strong password format. But the owner is a retard and uses his players info to access their email accounts for any reason. Is it mail provider's fault or is it the players fault for using the same password ?
    ProfessionalKO has almost 5000 registered accounts and the accounts that were affected are 3%. It looks like the other 97% are more clever ? And guess what ? all of those hacked players have played on Grobar's previous servers. Even all of their logins and their emails are coming from Serbia (and few from Slovenia).

The reason Grobar hates nikos32 and ProfessionalKO, is very simple.
    1. Because there has not been any other english 1298 version private server in the KO community for the past 3 years that did any better than ProfessionalKO (as selfish as this sounds).
    2. Because nikos32 and IRADev were the first people who warned (and we will continue doing this) the english KO community about Grobar (and his friends' clan Destiny) about his scam, hack actions and his deals with another owners.

Every server loses players as time goes by. We're not greedy, we do not want more players than what we have and we do not need more money than what we get. As long as players enjoy playing here and they support us, then we've reasons to work on it and to improve it even more. If players are not enjoying playing on ProfessionalKO, I would be much happier if they find another server and have some fun there than to see them "suffering" themselves by playing on ProfessionalKO.

We're proud of the work that's done on ProfessionalKO once again and also proud of everyone who helped make this happen.

I wish you good luck on your GlobalKO project.
    Last edited by nickos3; 11-13-2017 at 03:45 AM. Reason: had to be more specific about Reason 1.

It's clearly server admins fault to not implement simple IQ test and be sure players are smart enough to not use same accountid and passwords on other server they play in 2017.

Global-myko Senior Member deadhealer1's Avatar

This is private server community, everyone takes or(shares) from everybody. This is open to everyone so there is no point in pointing out about anybody copying anything. Unless it is been stolen. These panels are all over the net. If something is good , why shouldn't we use it, its not like we stole your coding. One of the first days when you got into this 'private server fever' you did the same thing. Everyone have to learn from somewhere and in my case your server were the role model and you should be proud of it, you do great job...besides *cough cough* ...

On the topic.

Yes, absolutely players fault as well, but first goes responsibility of server owner then players. The owner will always get blamed first.
    Breezy123 likes this.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 7
    06-04-2022, 07:39 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    01-27-2017, 05:04 PM
  3. Hits: 8
    08-23-2016, 07:14 PM
  4. Hits: 3
    12-27-2014, 11:05 AM
  5. Hits: 247
    12-26-2014, 05:13 PM