Page 151 of 279 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 4182
Like Tree786Likes

ProfessionalKO | Lv. 72 USKO 1298/1453 Farm-PK | OFFICIAL: 15.12.2023 at 22:00 UTC+3

This is a discussion on ProfessionalKO | Lv. 72 USKO 1298/1453 Farm-PK | OFFICIAL: 15.12.2023 at 22:00 UTC+3 within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; More than likely hashed in Nikos server, but not Grobars....
Page: 151

Banned Senior Member

More than likely hashed in Nikos server, but not Grobars.

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    so the passwords are not hashed on the DB? kinda scary...
    In some servers they are, some they are not.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

so the passwords are not hashed on the DB? kinda scary...
    It depends of the server. Majority of servers don't have them hashed. Usually a server that has a hashed passwords will offer you password reset link when you use forgot password feature because it can't retrieve the actual password, can't decrypt it from hash to send you the actual password (basically the whole purpose of security) hence the reset link.
    The server that doesn't have hashed password will usually send you your account info in actual characters since it's not encrypted.

That's one good way to check if server is using hashed or not hashed passwords. By trying forgot pw option and see what you get via mail. Usually if you get the reset links pws are hashed since nobody from the "quick money drain and close" type of server owners will even bother to code the reset link in there.
    And if you receive the actual password via mail it's not hashed. However even with non hashed ones, A good server owner with proper ethos, will never leak them. You choose yourself what server you are going to play on in the very end anyway. Also makes no sense if you use the same pw from a non hashed server on a hashed server. Password will still be the same for login, it just won't be possible to get it from the account info in database.

Global-myko Senior Member deadhealer1's Avatar

Firstable you need to update your security. This common problem when people using same passwords on every server is just too common to ignore. You have a big server, a lot of people and a lot of paymebts going in. Please consider updating your security system for something more modern.

Hashing passwords won't help if people still use same Id/pass over and over. What will help is a notice before someone is making an account . Notice that passwords reset every week and the actual implementation on your website of the feature that will change passwords on all accounts every week, random passwords are send to registered mail on the account. It could be week, or month, but that's totally new level of security.

There is plenty of people who can implement such idea. This will be an option on future of the server that I will be hosting and this should be done by every server owner. Random passwords is a must for a such community beause people lose money and time if they get hacked, so do you in the perspectice.
    UltimatePvP likes this.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadhealer1 View Post
    Firstable you need to update your security. This common problem when people using same passwords on every server is just too common to ignore. You have a big server, a lot of people and a lot of paymebts going in. Please consider updating your security system for something more modern.

Hashing passwords won't help if people still use same Id/pass over and over. What will help is a notice before someone is making an account . Notice that passwords reset every week and the actual implementation on your website of the feature that will change passwords on all accounts every week, random passwords are send to registered mail on the account. It could be week, or month, but that's totally new level of security.

There is plenty of people who can implement such idea. This will be an option on future of the server that I will be hosting and this should be done by every server owner. Random passwords is a must for a such community beause people lose money and time if they get hacked, so do you in the perspectice.
    I think best would be to do what twostars said.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Given that a lot of people just use basic passwords like 000000, 123456, etc you can also minimise it by just using more thorough password validation which forces them to change it up with something more complex and much less likely reused on other servers.
    The website forcing you into using complex combinations of characters is for sure best option to avoid this and simple to implement.

I've tried to change the PW, this is what i get.

professionalko.com is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500

Banned Senior Member

Just do as Twostars said, no need to complicate it.

Quote Originally Posted by deadhealer1 View Post

There is nothing nikos can do about checking if someone uses the same PW he used on another private Server, unless he has the access to it.

I know that it doesn't matter whether the passwords are hashed or not, if someone has the same password he used previously on a Server where passwords are not hashed.
    But I assumed that hashing passwords would be a standard security process for years now. Well now I know, it is a big blah.

Global-myko Senior Member deadhealer1's Avatar

There is nothing nikos can do about checking if someone uses the same PW he used on another private Server, unless he has the access to it.

I know that it doesn't matter whether the passwords are hashed or not, if someone has the same password he used previously on a Server where passwords are not hashed.
    But I assumed that hashing passwords would be a standard security process for years now. Well now I know, it is a big blah.
    I would assume too that it is a standard security process, but the hacking tells us otherwise, not everyone use it. Well owner did what he had to , so good job. I wish it was done couple weeks earlier, but better late then never.

GDM

Its not Nikos fault ppl used same ID and Pass on more servers...
    SacruM likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GDM View Post
    Its not Nikos fault ppl used same ID and Pass on more servers...
    For sure, he can't stop dumb people from joining his server.

But the thing here is to take measures to prevent peoples stupidity from screwing them over.

TrustyTheClown Senior Member G3rm4n's Avatar

you all suck GIAN own, thats all about it - over n out

Greetings
    Gerry

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Be aware from now on, whenever you see those serbians D3stiny / TheBoss and all the other kids of the Syndicate clan playing on the same server you do, do not trust them.

Those parasites are using the account data of Grobar's 123456789 private servers, to hack accounts that are using the same ID and PW on other servers.

If you ever deal with transactions and you're asked to pay on " [email protected] " , I wanna let you know that you're dealing with scammers.
    Last edited by nickos3; 11-10-2017 at 10:59 PM.

You never answer my PM's so here is a last attempt. Today you banned a friend of mine on ProfKo. He works with me on the same office.

I know for sure 3 players that play KO from that office. I know because 2 of them talked me into coming back to KO. ILambOfGod and xxCelloxx. I'm Combo on your server.

Cello is our boss lol. He has never cheated or scammed or anything. No idea why you have banned his PC, and as to that name mercader... we trully have no idea who that is. Me and Lamb are on our 30s and Cello is over 40.

We are all adults with succesful careers. No need to hack or scam or anything. Again, this are just words. So I'm asking you for a way to proove it. At least for a way to proove Cello isn't Mercader. Or maybe tell us what Mercader did to deserve a ban and that way we can provide proove that Cello isn't him. I know for a fact he never used the forum before. I know because he always asked me or Lamb to look for stuff there.

I'll give it a couple days for you to answer. Then we will just look for a new server. We are enjoying yours so I hope to hear from you and we can clear things up.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 7
    06-04-2022, 07:39 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    01-27-2017, 05:04 PM
  3. Hits: 8
    08-23-2016, 07:14 PM
  4. Hits: 3
    12-27-2014, 11:05 AM
  5. Hits: 247
    12-26-2014, 05:13 PM
  6. Hits: 1