Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Tempest Knight Online New Server English Speaking Staff. Tempest Is back!!!!

This is a discussion on Tempest Knight Online New Server English Speaking Staff. Tempest Is back!!!! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by johny How can making a video of ur server make it better? Isnt that what ur implying? ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    How can making a video of ur server make it better? Isnt that what ur implying?
    I read that same quote 3 times in a row and still couldn't figure out how you came to that conclusion. Reading comprehension fail?

at one point i killed every boss in the bowl and on orc side and not 1 single drop so unless its been changed it doesnt seem like 50% drop.

i killed bach bishop and duke 3 times each, and out of it only got 1 rom, and 1 rol. aside from that, the droprate seems ok. the HQ i solo'd dropped a WE, ME, and RE, second one dropped WE and RE so... *shrugs* honestly the server is populated by a duo on the emc side of one bp and one archer, and the orc side is basically just rickjamesbitch. the only reason to log in is to see if there are any bosses up since you essentially cannot farm anything worthwhile otherwise. pvp is non existant so there isnt really any reason to farm things... but if you dont the one or two people who have been timing the bosses out will just 2 shot you anyways.

oh and for some reason the R attack and the first archery skill do not work. also sundries doesnt sell rocks at all. so to lure on an assasin you have to actually walk up to the monster (or boss) and smack it, then run back. i know thats a little thing, but its a pain in the nuts when TK and HQ are practically spawned ontop of eachother =_= .. not to mention there is no preist FP anywhere in the server, so it kind of limits bp builds somewhat.

i'd say your best bet is to add an npc beside the one selling +1's and have it selling +5's or even +6's of all the same items; fuck i'd even settle for +3 or +4's so i wouldnt have to waste hundreads of bus just getting to +3 over and over. and add fp... then once you've got all your bugs (or at least all the ones that are listed + whatever others you can find) sorted out, make the bosses spawn times different from one another. i.e. like 26 mins for bishop since rom's are useless aside from the hp boost, an hour and 5 minutes for duke, and 57 minutes for bach, etc so its a pain in the ass to time the bosses for yourself. maybe it already is like this, i dunno really, any time i went to CZ there were either ALL the bosses or none of them spawned. once that's all sorted, wipe your server, go into beta for 1 week, and during that week have someone advertise it to the turk websites. I know, i know you want an english server. we all do (or at least I really do) but its just not possible any more unless you're someone, or unless you have REALLY good files (by which i mean EVERYTHING works, NOTHING is broken unlike your current server). and by someone i mean there are 2 or 3 people left that could hypothetically do it, but why would they? you'd need basically all the english speaking players, all in your server else there'd only be 6 people online like there are now. and we know what happends when a new server starts doing well... *cough* Direct Denial of Service *cough*

just my two cents.

Edit; sorry i forgot about this till just now. you screwed the stats up a bit. i tried resetting my rogue's stats since you allocated them automatically to start with.. i figured i should be able to get 21 more hp that way since my chitin shield randomly deleted itself and my character started with 71 str.. nope. you set them to start with at 255 dex, 71 str, 169 hp. when i restatted i was left with enough to get 60 str, 255 dex and 162 hp essentially losing 18 stat points. character name is Zer0. im guessing you messed up the whole "Gain 5 stat points per level from 60 onwards" thing since im missing around that much.
    Last edited by jessupar; 03-10-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jessupar View Post
    i killed bach bishop and duke 3 times each, and out of it only got 1 rom, and 1 rol. aside from that, the droprate seems ok. the HQ i solo'd dropped a WE, ME, and RE, second one dropped WE and RE so... *shrugs* honestly the server is populated by a duo on the emc side of one bp and one archer, and the orc side is basically just rickjamesbitch. the only reason to log in is to see if there are any bosses up since you essentially cannot farm anything worthwhile otherwise. pvp is non existant so there isnt really any reason to farm things... but if you dont the one or two people who have been timing the bosses out will just 2 shot you anyways.

oh and for some reason the R attack and the first archery skill do not work. also sundries doesnt sell rocks at all. so to lure on an assasin you have to actually walk up to the monster (or boss) and smack it, then run back. i know thats a little thing, but its a pain in the nuts when TK and HQ are practically spawned ontop of eachother =_= .. not to mention there is no preist FP anywhere in the server, so it kind of limits bp builds somewhat.

i'd say your best bet is to add an npc beside the one selling +1's and have it selling +5's or even +6's of all the same items; fuck i'd even settle for +3 or +4's so i wouldnt have to waste hundreads of bus just getting to +3 over and over. and add fp... then once you've got all your bugs (or at least all the ones that are listed + whatever others you can find) sorted out, make the bosses spawn times different from one another. i.e. like 26 mins for bishop since rom's are useless aside from the hp boost, an hour and 5 minutes for duke, and 57 minutes for bach, etc so its a pain in the ass to time the bosses for yourself. maybe it already is like this, i dunno really, any time i went to CZ there were either ALL the bosses or none of them spawned. once that's all sorted, wipe your server, go into beta for 1 week, and during that week have someone advertise it to the turk websites. I know, i know you want an english server. we all do (or at least I really do) but its just not possible any more unless you're someone, or unless you have REALLY good files (by which i mean EVERYTHING works, NOTHING is broken unlike your current server). and by someone i mean there are 2 or 3 people left that could hypothetically do it, but why would they? you'd need basically all the english speaking players, all in your server else there'd only be 6 people online like there are now. and we know what happends when a new server starts doing well... *cough* Direct Denial of Service *cough*

just my two cents.

Edit; sorry i forgot about this till just now. you screwed the stats up a bit. i tried resetting my rogue's stats since you allocated them automatically to start with.. i figured i should be able to get 21 more hp that way since my chitin shield randomly deleted itself and my character started with 71 str.. nope. you set them to start with at 255 dex, 71 str, 169 hp. when i restatted i was left with enough to get 60 str, 255 dex and 162 hp essentially losing 18 stat points. character name is Zer0. im guessing you messed up the whole "Gain 5 stat points per level from 60 onwards" thing since im missing around that much.

well thank you for your input on everything. as far as wiping the server we will never be doing that but we will look into all issues that you have stated and get the fixed accordingly.

thank you for your input and as far as turkish people we will start posting on sites this week.

thanks again
    Epinephrine

Quote Originally Posted by epinephrines View Post
    thank you for your input and as far as turkish people we will start posting on sites this week.

Good luck getting people to join a server that has no active members. the reason i suggested a wipe is that you've only got like 40 characters made in the first place. if you did a week long beta you'd be able to set a release date (and specific time) like every one else does, and have a larger influx of players on day 1. i just dont see you bringing in 50+ new active players on a server that at the moment looks dead. if anyone actually complains that you're resetting it, consider THIS the beta and compensate them with +9 shells or something so they dont have to waste 5+ hours at the anvil again.

btw, there's a lot of pretty annoying bugs you need to fix, so in my oppinion you shouldnt even be out of beta yet. just check back through my posts, i listed a fairly large number of them.

all of the issues you have stated are minor at the most.

also the reason for not having alot of people is we are just starting tonight to post on turkish sites for people.

for a english only server we have some english speaking people and more people register and are online by the day.

good server dont start out with 500 people online they take time to build up.

we will build up and be a long term stable server.

thanks for your input on the bugs though we will be fixing them and getting the server running better because of it.

thanks again
    Epinephrine

I'd have to respectfully disagree. this is an ancient game with several servers, both private and official; almost all of which are using less broken files than you are. i realize you consider those as "minor at the most" but when someone logs into a KO server they expect it to work properly. you consider random item loss, and random item changing (scorpion bow + inn hostess = magic item with like 35 attack) minor? the most people i saw online any time i was playing was 7. out of that, 3 were afk at the anvil and i dont know where the rest were because your ko panel is broken (the online users list is empty) - which you said you'd be fixing a week ago.

anyways, no one wants to join a server that's been up for a few months with a couple way overgeared people/clans. why do you think people rush new usko servers? if you advertised this as a beta and actually fixed whatever is broken during the next little while, you'd get a lot more people on re-launch day with the right advertising. if you're content with under 10 people online at any given time that's okay too, i'm just saying you'd be a lot better off population wise if you didnt rush anything.

Random item loss/item changing? Disable translation on character data. It's an ODBC option.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Random item loss/item changing? Disable translation on character data. It's an ODBC option.
    or maybe UIF (from client)

i shouldnt have said "random" really, only in that its random what items dissapear and what items dont. Chitin shields, fangs of barkirra, and scorpion bows were the only things i saw changing or dissapearing. CS and Fang dissapeared when stored in the inn then relogged, and the Scorpion bow turned into a magic item at +1. also 2h gigas cant be upgraded because you cant use BES on them.

Quote Originally Posted by jessupar View Post
    i shouldnt have said "random" really, only in that its random what items dissapear and what items dont. Chitin shields, fangs of barkirra, and scorpion bows were the only things i saw changing or dissapearing. CS and Fang dissapeared when stored in the inn then relogged, and the Scorpion bow turned into a magic item at +1. also 2h gigas cant be upgraded because you cant use BES on them.
    Sounds like what I said then (aside from the unrelated upgrade issue).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12